Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Serious thread (SERIOUSLY)

Options
  • 01-07-2005 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

seriousgq1.png

In this thread people may complain about my moderating style, ask why OLDYELLAR was banned for the 15 millionith time, or just generally whinge.

Silliness is banned from this thread. If you want to be silly do it outside of this thread. Think of this as an island of seriousness.

This thread is the only place I will respond to whinging. In the rest of the Cuckoos Nest I will post silly. This way I will be observing charter rules. My apologies for being serious in threads that were not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

[whinge]

why moju but not yellar?

i understand why you banned her, but not why she is úber permo ban?

[/whinge]

[not complaining about the moju situation, moju for the win]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Matthewthebig started a thread he shouldn't have and wasn't actually intending to hire a hacker to attack that other website. I knew that at the time but I don't want TCN to become a launch platform for flamewars with other bulliten boards.

However he's also contributed to the overall silliness in the past so I took that into account and decided to reduce his sentence from permanent to temporary. He's also indicated via pm that this will not happen again. Anybody else who decides that TCN is the perfect place to try and launch flamewars/hack another bulletin board will be permanently banned.

OLDYELLAR deliberatly ignored all warnings and proceeded to brag about not being single in a thread specifically created not to have that kind of crap in it. *Page* was banned for exactly the same reason. And I'm the one accused of arrogancy and having a huge ego :rolleyes:

If people think they can just ignore me and do whatever they like there's little point in having a moderator in this forum.

I'm lifting Le Racks temporary ban given the creation of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Bring back Koneko and SMAK.

I don't think they want to come back, both are busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I don't want to sound like a lick-arse, but I actually think there should be some boundries on the silliness. It's meant to be witty, not brainless.

I would like to see Yellar come back, but in general I think the nest is more interesting with a few rules. And hey, I got a banning too, and in fairness, it wasn't like he hadn't already announced IN CAPS LOCK twice that anyone else doing it would be perma-banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

The "post in this thread to get permanently banned" thread is so tempting. I really wanted to post in it. Is it a trap?

You know it's a trap. But the most delicious honey-filled trap of all time.

/giddy with anticipation

I bet someone will create an alternate account just to post there. I bet it will be amp. I have a feeling that there are one or two people he just wants to get rid of and that he hopes they may be naive enough to post in the thread while drunk. The gaffer is cunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Why dont you give OldYellar a trial to see if she deserves to come back? Then you wouldnt exactly be lifting the ban, and you'd make a lot of the nesters happy too. At the end of the trial you can decide whether she can stay or not.

Shabadu wrote:
    You know it's a trap. But the most delicious honey-filled trap of all time.

/giddy with anticipation

I bet someone will create an alternate account just to post there. I bet it will be amp. I have a feeling that there are one or two people he just wants to get rid of and that he hopes they may be naive enough to post in the thread while drunk. The gaffer is cunning.
    And with all this thread title changing going on you'd wanna be careful. One minute you'll think you're in Funkys orifice... next thing you know you're banned. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I dont think that was fair to ban Oldyeller for that, maybe a temp one would have been ok but permenant ban is just not fair.
    Do you just ban people you dont like?

You're still here.

NotMe wrote:
    And with all this thread title changing going on you'd wanna be careful. One minute you'll think you're in Funkys orifice... next thing you know you're banned. :eek:

It's quite simple to avoid being banned. I make warnings about bannings crystal clear and often in big caps with red letters

As for Yellars permanent ban and seeing as so many people are appealing on her behalf I'm going to reduce her ban from "forever" to six months.

Hows that for leniancy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Shabadu wrote:
    I don't want to sound like a lick-arse, but I actually think there should be some boundries on the silliness. It's meant to be witty, not brainless.

I agree, I'd love to see this turned into a proper humour forum instead of "brainless forum for MeNTalLeRs" and the humour forum turned into a link forum, which is what it already is.

jezza wrote:
    I dont think that was fair to ban Oldyeller for that, maybe a temp one would have been ok but permenant ban is just not fair.
    Do you just ban people you dont like?

Yes, I just ban people I don't like. Your tiny brain doesn't seem to remember all the other times I explained yellars banning so I'll tell you what you make up new reasons why I banned her and I'll agree with you.

How come there's no marching band for *Page*? Why isn't her banning being questioned? Or should I just not ban people you like?

amp wrote:
    Yes, I just ban people I don't like. Your tiny brain doesn't seem to remember all the other times I explained yellars banning so I'll tell you what you make up new reasons why I banned her and I'll agree with you.

How come there's no marching band for *Page*? Why isn't her banning being questioned? Or should I just not ban people you like?
    i like most people on tcn to be honest, just you and shabadu i have issues with. I do like page. i ust didnt realise she was banned. Can she come back too??
    Forever is sort of like six months.
    or the other way around.
    thats christmas. santa will have his birthday and everything. ill be beack in pri..school. halloween will be over, so will slane and oxygen and sunny things. Agreed??

Shabadu wrote:
    That would be you out then.

jezza wrote:
    i like most people on tcn to be honest, just you and shabadu i have issues with. I do like page. i ust didnt realise she was banned. Can she come back too??
    Forever is sort of like six months.
    or the other way around.
    thats christmas. santa will have his birthday and everything. ill be beack in pri..school. halloween will be over, so will slane and oxygen and sunny things. Agreed??

I agree, in six months many things will be over.

now this isnt funny amp. this is serious.
    STOP AGREEING WITH ME. I DISLIKE IT MORE THAN I DIDLIKE YOU DISAGREEING WITH ME.
    So in the mean time the meteors could steal yeller and take her off the the moon, and well never have got to say goodbye.
    How would you feel then eh????

jezza wrote:
    How would you feel then eh????

I would be intensely suprised given the odds.

• Advertisement

well i heard of that happening or aliens or something, and there could be no more yeller. And boy youd be sorry then. Sayin oh i should have let her back on and shared our tinfoil hats with her and yeller would be here, all human and normal.
    Not only did ya ban her! you took her hat too so shes vulnrable. :(

jezza wrote:
    well i heard of that happening or aliens or something, and there could be no more yeller. And boy youd be sorry then. Sayin oh i should have let her back on and shared our tinfoil hats with her and yeller would be here, all human and normal.
    Not only did ya ban her! you took her hat too so shes vulnrable. :(

But if I let her back in what's to stop the aliens from abducting her? Surely the risk is greater given that aliens with the technology to travel light years would have internet access and be able to read the cuckoos nest?

Posting in the cuckoos nest is no gaurantee against alien abduction.

ah it will..amp i promise ill mind her and i wont let her tell ya when shes up to funny bizness ok??
    i wont let the aliens take her if you bring her back, so u wont feel bad. i promise.

Kazaanova wrote:
    I agree, I'd love to see this turned into a proper humour forum instead of "brainless forum for MeNTalLeRs" and the humour forum turned into a link forum, which is what it already is.
    Ahh here! Where would us brainless MeNTalLeRs go? :(

jezza wrote:
    ah it will..amp i promise ill mind her and i wont let her tell ya when shes up to funny bizness ok??

I'd prefer to know when she's up to funny business.
    i wont let the aliens take her if you bring her back, so u wont feel bad. i promise.

Hmmm interesting proposal, however I doubt you have the abilities to prevent aliens from doing their abducting. They may even abduct you also and that's a risk I'd rather not have on my concious.

But I'm no heartless bastard so I'll do a deal with you. If you stop going on about her and start using the shift key to capitalise letters that should be capitalised, I will further reduce her sentence to one month. Otherwise the six month ban stands.

You alone have the power Jezza. I believe in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Jezza for mod.

Winters wrote:
    Jezza for mod.

I think her being abducted by meteors and left stranded on the moon is more likely.

That said, sometimes poachers can make good game keepers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

"6 months" is, technically speaking, infinitely shorter than "forever".

This could well make Amp the most generous person in all the internet.

Think about that.

amp wrote:
    I'd prefer to know when she's up to funny business.

Hmmm interesting proposal, however I doubt you have the abilities to prevent aliens from doing their abducting. They may even abduct you also and that's a risk I'd rather not have on my concious.

But I'm no heartless bastard so I'll do a deal with you. If you stop going on about her and start using the shift key to capitalise letters that should be capitalised, I will further reduce her sentence to one month. Otherwise the six month ban stands.

You alone have the power Jezza. I believe in you.
    Done!
    Thank you.
    :)

• Advertisement

jezza wrote:
    Done!
    Thank you.
    :)

I knew you could do it. Now keep doing it. If you go back to your old typing ways during OLDYELLARS now month long ban I will extend it back to six months.
    Well done :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement