Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do not turn on TV3...

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

janeybabe wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how Charlene (the traveller in the show) managed to afford her own car and house at 19?

Big time +1 :confused:

How come the trainee beautician can afford those two and then loike, OMG, loike Mica, is so totally living on the breadline in Haddington, she's soo poor??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

i think the traveller one mentioned being an underwear model part time?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

TV3 should be renamed TVGee, since it seems a vagina is required to enjoy any of their programming :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I always miss Bear Grylls!
    Pshaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

janeybabe wrote: »
    Wait, Mica? The spoiled Dublin girl? Or Rita? The one living in Cork?

Opps sorry, I defo meant Rita... actually I think its quiet obvious considering two lines above the said comment I was saying how much I disliked the D4 girl...:cool:

Mica is a Muppa!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

The only bit i saw was when she said she was when the D4 one said she was left on her tobler that was enough for me, i couldn't possibly watch any more, its bad enough putting up with the wannabe D4's down here but if i having to share a county with the real D4's would make me seriously consider a life in solitay confinement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

I feel strangely compelled to see this. Anyone know where i might find this brain poison??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

briantwin wrote: »
    I feel strangely compelled to see this. Anyone know where i might find this brain poison??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTkIv5Fa57I here's a snippet

briantwin wrote: »

theres a short clip on the first page of this thread, any more than that and there is a danger you will start sobbing and shaking and hide under your bed never to come out again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The only reason programs like this exist is because there are people like you guys to view it.

Watch the show and bitch about it if you want. But don't be in denial about the fact that you are part of the reason this show is aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

tuxy wrote: »
    The only reason programs like this exist is because there are people like you guys to view it.

Watch the show and bitch about it if you want. But don't be in denial about the fact that you are part of the reason this show is aired.

Thanks for that...

Where in Dublin 4 are u from then loiiiike? ;)

Bebo http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=17779964 take a look at her friend Jana's photos.. They're all licking each others tits :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tragedyman1978

It's like your pre wedding !
    Or, eh, no you have like the engagement party !!
    So like it's like your pre-engagement party Mica !! It's soooo important

STOP THE F*CKING BOAT. These awful awful girls need to be stopped. No wonder her parent's f*cked off to America !!

xzanti wrote: »
    Bebo http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=17779964 take a look at her friend Jana's photos.. They're all licking each others tits :confused:

sorry xzanti, I'm not a fan of hers but pretty much an average bebo page lol....

flynnc8 wrote: »
    sorry xzanti, I'm not a fan of hers but pretty much an average bebo page lol....

Kids today hah :cool:

• Advertisement

Kids today hah :cool:

lol.. we're such a foul generation ha ha... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

has the revisited thing been on yet?

yeah it was the revisited thing last nite, only the last 15 mins was a revisit, she just said how everyone was loike calling her loike a tosser loike and then instead of holding her hand up and admitting shes an idiot she totally ya know like, tried to loike justify it, kthxbye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

From her extremely poorly written goodbye note to her dead friend, "I bless the light, I bless the light that lights on you believe me."......The light that lights on you? Some tribute that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Numina wrote: »
    From her extremely poorly written goodbye note to her dead friend, "I bless the light, I bless the light that lights on you believe me."......The light that lights on you? Some tribute that is.

Ehhhh, maybe criticise the actual writer of that if you dont like it.

Not reaally in a position to be slagging anybody after that now in fairness.

• Advertisement

Ya That's a bit harsh now!

She IS the biggest sp*stic to hit Isish TV ever (Tied with Mr. Super Sweet 16 UK camp-jaw-acne-boy) but u can't take the p*ss out of a tribute to her dead friend!!

Back to the show... How bout that little sh*t from fair city Katie Cullen?

"STOP THE BOAT! She had loiiike a shortlist of loiiike, these total hotties... and she picks a guy who plays cricket. He looks like a foot loiiike!"

She deserves to be force fed her Dubarry shoes and have red hot pokers stuck in her eyes... Along with whatever Donnybrook pr*ck cast her in the woeful travesty that is, Fair city. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Numina wrote: »

She's Kinky anyway. Kids these Days :o I'll get me coat
    Peared wrote: »
    Ehhhh, maybe criticise the actual writer of that if you dont like it.

Not reaally in a position to be slagging anybody after that now in fairness.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

So which one of them got their hole after the debs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Stupid D4 heads, most annoying people in the country!
    And they are everywhere! Even Kerry! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

g'em wrote: »
    Werd. Edward Bear Grylls is a noncy boy who flounces around so-called tough terrain with all the panache of a flatulant elephant with a thumb tack in its foot.
    Not sure what the thread is about but i certainly agree with this comment :D

He just whines to the camera about how is going to die at any second.

Ray mears is much more entertaining.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

tis all a bit harsh, slander, abuse, insulting. Should be closed and deleted in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

tis all a bit harsh, slander, abuse, insulting. Should be closed and deleted in no time.

Of course, you have no particular reason for singling out this particular thread to be closed and deleted over any other similar threads, do you? ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i have very valid reasons topick this over other ones. Personal interest if you will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

i have very valid reasons topick this over other ones. Personal interest if you will

I read your initial complaint. So it's okay for the AH crowd to slag off people who are complete strangers to you but if they aren't complete strangers to you, then it's not okay? Nice! Double standards much?

EDIT: Oh and for what it's worth I can actually see your point, I'm kinda trolling you. Am I doing it well? I'm not really well-practiced at this. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ah look on the bright side. with the recession coming they'll all be working in macdonalds for a load of polish girls, that'll learn em ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

melekalikimaka, I've seen you refer to people who complain about the whole D4 thing as "proles" - that they're only jealous because they can't afford the designer gear etc. Nothing to do with the fact that they think the look is ghastly and the accent makes their ears bleed...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

dont think so, i havent a clue what a "proles" is :)

and ive been against the whole "dort" thing since the 90s. nothing gives me better pleasure to see one of these poseurs stub their toe and lapse into thier local brogue :)

as for the clothes, i go to brown thomas to cheer myself up by seeing what fools will part with for a bit of dead cow with a tag.

EDIT im serious, 1500 quid, i MEAN 1500 QUID for a leather jacket!? i got one in new look thats the spit of it for 45. morons everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Short for proletariat. The working class from George Orwell's book 1984. Don't mind dudess, she's just a bit obsessed with it.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I read your initial complaint. So it's okay for the AH crowd to slag off people who are complete strangers to you but if they aren't complete strangers to you, then it's not okay? Nice! Double standards much?

EDIT: Oh and for what it's worth I can actually see your point, I'm kinda trolling you. Am I doing it well? I'm not really well-practiced at this. :(

well i just thought boards has a policy of not putting up with slander and insults to members of the public who potentially could make a legal case over the comments expressed on the site

well i just thought boards has a policy of not putting up with slander and insults to members of the public who potentially could make a legal case over the comments expressed on the site

slander is saying something that is untrue, the D4 head is clearly an idiot

"loike mr judge dude, they like totally slagged me all on my tobler just coz der all like sooo p00r like ya know, im so toally over it like anyways like!"

This thread is like my baby now and i love it :D

Sorry, wasn't directed at you, it was directed at melekalikimaka. "Proles" is a rather snooty thing to call people who don't have as much money as you (or whom you presume don't have as much money as you).
    How come my family have plenty of money and I'd rather die than dress/act/speak like a D4 head? I know I'm not from Dublin but take a walk up Patrick's Hill in Cork of a lunchtime and listen to some of the Scoil Mhuire girls (posh school yet about to collapse) - being from Dublin seemingly isn't a requirement...

Dudess wrote: »
    melekalikimaka, I've seen you refer to people who complain about the whole D4 thing as "proles" - that they're only jealous because they can't afford the designer gear etc. Nothing to do with the fact that they think the look is ghastly and the accent makes their ears bleed...

i believe i was being sarcastic, think that was the d4 thread in fashion was it?

Didn't seem that way tbh but if I'm wrong, sorry. :o

i dunno i assume i was, coulda been moody or just been mugged by pikies...then maybe i was saying it seriously.

Back on point, regardlessof what ya think about the lass, why insult her and her friends and references to her dead friend are a little out of line too, not exactly fair game there lads.

• Advertisement

i dunno i assume i was, coulda been moody or just been mugged by pikies...then maybe i was saying it seriously.

Back on point, regardlessof what ya think about the lass, why insult her and her friends and references to her dead friend are a little out of line too, not exactly fair game there lads.

they were just off topic posts, they dont go with the general grande scheme of the thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Saruman wrote: »
    Not sure what the thread is about but i certainly agree with this comment :D

He just whines to the camera about how is going to die at any second.

Ray mears is much more entertaining.

All those shows are rubbish. Give me Deadliest Catch anyday.
    Back on point, regardlessof what ya think about the lass, why insult her and her friends.

Because she comes across as a spanner? Seems like the most obvious reason to me.

Go back a few posts there and watch the www.youtube.com clip off dat show and see what you're defending.

"Judddddge, STOP THE BOAT! There's middle class people loiiike slagging me and moyyy mates! Its not banter at awllll!!"

Oh that will be a good courtcase alroiiiiight :rolleyes:

Oh so it's not just working class people they look down on, it's middle class people...?

Oh so it's not just working class people they look down on, it's middle class people...?

Well the general idea I got was they look down on everybody in a lower so called "Class" than them. i.e. if you don't go to private school, play rugby, have a yacht, and/or a spoiled little sh*t who treats their parents like sh*t... then you're not one of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Having done the door of a nice pub on the Southside i can say give me the scumbags of Limerick anyday!!!!!

Easier to deal with, less bull**** and everyone know's where they stand.

You really haven't seen funny until you see the posh get upset when you won't let them in.

"Do you know who i am?"
    "Yeah, you the guy who's nothing getting in."
    "My Dad knows the owner!"
    "Everyone knows the owner, he's a social kind of guy. Ask your Mum. Now, jog on!"

• Advertisement

Well the general idea I got was they look down on everybody in a lower so called "Class" than them. i.e. if you don't go to private school, play rugby, have a yacht, and/or a spoiled little sh*t who treats their parents like sh*t... then you're not one of them!

41 posts,iwonder if allof them are so articulate and interesting

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Christ, some of the comments in this thread are really out of order. I know its After Hours and I know they went on public TV but is it really fair to make comments about peoples weight and not being able to fit down places etc?

Seriously lads, you might not like them but is it really fair to rip into them? I dont know if I am more supprised at some of the comments (Not all) or mods allowing this thread to continue..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Agreed

Sully wrote: »
    Christ, some of the comments in this thread are really out of order. I know its After Hours and I know they went on public TV but is it really fair to make comments about peoples weight and not being able to fit down places etc?

Seriously lads, you might not like them but is it really fair to rip into them? I dont know if I am more supprised at some of the comments (Not all) or mods allowing this thread to continue..
    41 posts,i wonder if all of them are so articulate and interesting

You're very welcome to have a read off them, u might learn something! :)
    Sully wrote: »
    Agreed

Sounds like D4 speak to me! ;)

Only joking lads don't get offended! :eek:

Lads if u don't like the way this thread is going then don't post on it, simple as that!

Can you not type without the big bold font? I am from Waterford, and have always been from Waterford. A thread not should turn into a big slagging festival of people, slagging their weight or watever. Slanderous hurtful comments posted here could be read by the people invovled, and such opinions should not be aired on a public forum for thousands to view. There is a line, and some posters stepped over the line with comments being made. There is a difference between not agreeing with posts and simply not liking the posts are they are offensive or slanderous to the party.

Your not allowed make comments to other Boardsies, as its deemed personal abuse. On the soccer forum, you cant call Ronaldo a skinny piece of **** who cant run for his life and Liverpool a pack of kids who cant play football if their lives depended on it. Why the **** should After Hours enterain such comments towards members of the public if the above is not permitted?

There is a limit to the ****e that should take place on this forum, and I think the limit has been pushed to far out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement