Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide - The Best Wrestling Theme Song... EVER

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭DarHan84

Chris Jericho - Break The Walls Down VS NWO black & white - For Life

You have to give this one to the NWO.
    The Ayatollah of Rock'n'rolla had a great run, but when you look at the black/white camera, the takeover effect, and just how cool they seemed at the start (not as much 10 years later when they were limping down the ramp), this is a classic.

Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy VS D - Generaton X - original theme

My heart says DX, my brain says HBK. I was a massive t-shirt wearing DX kid, but the Sexy Boy music was iconic, and the fact it stayed with him for his entire career said it all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just under 45 mins left to cast your vote....

Jericho - Great from start to finish and there's only so many way I can say NWO's was decidely meh haha

Shawn Michaels - Both iconic, both well suited to their performers, but Sexy Boy nudges it. Would have been a worthy final.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

NWO - It just suits so well and completely fitted their style
    D-X! its d-x, one of the most entertaining acts in wwe with an awesome theme to match

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Time has elapsed - and your finalists are:

Chris Jericho - Break The Walls Down 3 6 NWO black & white - For Life
    Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy 6 3 D - Generaton X - original theme

Final coming shortly and will run till tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement

Grand Final:

Here we go folks, we've whittled it down to the last two.

And you have decided it will be:

WCW VS WWE
    Michaels VS Hogan and crew
    Sexy Boy VS 4 Life!!

I've included an extra video for each that imo encapsulates the theme in the best possible way (I tried hard to find a WCW video but none of them were great tbh :( )

In the blue corner.... (spray painted black and white)

NWO Black & White - For Life

Road To The Final:

Round 1 NWO black & white - For Life 6 2 Tazz Theme - If You Dare
    Round 2 NWO black & white - For Life 6 2 Stone Cold - Original
    Round 3 NWO black & white - For Life 6 2 Kurt Angle: Medal
    Quarter Final NWO black & white - For Life 6 4 Monday Night RAW - Burn It To The Ground
    Semi Final NWO black & white - For Life 6 3 Chris Jericho - Break The Walls Down

VS

In the red corner....

Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy

Road To The Final:

Round 1 Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy 6 2 Monday Night RAW - Across the Nation
    Round 2 Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy 6 2 Nwo Wolfpac
    Round 3 Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy 6 0 Triple H - King of Kings
    Quarter Final Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy 7 3 Stone Cold - Disturbed (Glass Shatters)
    Semi Final Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy 6 3 D - Generaton X - original theme

NWO black & white - For Life VS Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy

Most votes cast by 8pm tomorrow wins. Votes without reasons will not be counted.

61b59-1516067998-800-677e.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C429&ssl=1

He was the best in the ring and his tune is the best of them all. NWO's is nothing without the black and white gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Kinda have to stick with the nWo theme now as I’ve voted it throughout... breakout faction and Allways kept my interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

HBK.
    Fun song and never seems out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

NWO for me. Wouldn't be a huge fan of the Michaels one and NWO is pretty catchy

• Advertisement

New Wo.. New.. NewNewNewNew New World Order...

SelfreliantPoisedHogget-size_restricted.gif

Has to be the nWo for me, for the various reasons stated throughout. The only one I'll re-hash is the theme's strongest point; it's ability to completely alter the atmosphere in the arena, but to do so in a way that was different. Perhaps its something my imagination or the nostalgic bones in my body are inventing, but I always felt the nWo entrance gave a slightly different atmosphere than the typical one you get when the glass shatters, the 'If You Smell' like is played or Goldbergs military style drums start rattling away.

The nWo theme was almost anti-climatic in that it didn't hype everyone up to 11, and start rattling the arena with its fast-paced tempo or screaming lyrics. It was slow and steady and a bit different in many ways to the usual themes people think of when they think of da rasslin'.

(also, purely nit-picking; but I believe the theme is called 'Rockhouse').

EDIT: Just a little trivia, how the nWo theme came about - a mish mash of Jimi Hendrix tracks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w15jWBAQnO8

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

NWO. It changed the mood of the entire arena. The whole crowd’s demeanor changed the minute the static hit. Fit their cool bad guy aura so well. Their intro was a major part of their act without it explicitly being said.

4 Life

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HBK Sexy Boy - It just fitted the persona of Shawn perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Have to go with HBK, that song has lasted his entire career (OK the early version was worse)

I've been watching WCW 1996 the last few weeks.... . Guys..... the NWO were cool for about 4 months... from May to August.. that's it.

Once The Giant joined in September it was ruined, him trying to explain some long winded story about going to Hogan's house and how many Mercedes he owns was so bad, Hogan just kept interrupting him and just flips the table over when The Giant is mid-sentence. He was the champion at the time and he just turned into their bodyguard, it was a terrible decision.

And then fricking Virgil and Sean Waltman joined! Lame. Don't even get me started on the fake Sting lol! It's them seven now with DiBiase and from what I hear it gets even worse!!!

So yeah... HBK.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Have to go with HBK, that song has lasted his entire career (OK the early version was worse)

There's no doubt the faction became extremely bloated beyond any level of recognition of it's original self. However, the theme was still an amazing addition and I'd argue is one of the things that made them "cool" and popular (or at least their image of being so) last so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hbk. It's the better of the two themes

Nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

HBK.

Genuinely good song with more lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭DarHan84

I'm really torn here, but I think having HBK sing the song himself gives him the edge. It has longevity, it worked as both a baby face and a heel them, and is instantly recognisable so wins for me.

Both are superb though, and the NWO theme, and the subsequent Hogan entrance theme got me into Jimi Hendrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I have to go with HBK here, instantly recognizable song and fits his persona perfectly

OT but Sherri was great too with HBK

• Advertisement

Ladies and gentlemen, your votes have been counted.

The winner of the Best Wrestling Theme EVER....

NWO black & white - For Life 4 8 Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy

Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy!!!!!

Thank you all for playing :D

a3b6d47b6316c29f82a3ca6b0abb09b1.jpg

A worthy winner.

A show well run, Necro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Not too put out by that

Thanks for running

Sexy Kurt was robbed :p

Good Work Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Delighted the wildcard went so far!

Grats to Sexy Boy and the person/people who nommed it

Sorry, I know I'm late! Just wanted to say fair play Necro for doing this thread. Great bit of fun to pass some time stuck at home. Cheers! :)

Advertisement