Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If all cyclists waited at the red light...

1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Presumably unicycle laws would apply

I know both you and I cycle but its a bit unfair we have specific laws for us.

I'll get my coat :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

doozerie wrote: »
    Because you're breaking the law.

If fact, you're breaking the law in a manner that results in multiple road deaths each year. Speeding by motorists is one of the top three causes of road deaths. Red light jumping by cyclists isn't.

Isn't it a tad hypocritical to be jumping up and down about cyclists breaking red lights given that you're breaking the speed limit on every journey?

So you're basically saying that anyone who breaks the law, even unintentionally, has no say about others who break the law.

So by your logic anyone who has ever unintentionally exceeded the speed limit while driving (which I'm going to guess is pretty much everyone that drives at some point or other) is as bad as those motorists that routinely and deliberately ignore speed limits, stop signs, traffic lights, etc.? And presumably by the same logic jaywalking is breaking the law so anyone who has ever jaywalked is as bad as those motorists too?

Have you ever broken any rule of the road yourself, because, brace yourself, you're going to have to take a long hard look at yourself since you are telling yourself you are as bad as "motorists that kill". And yet here you are, jumping up and down about me "breaking the speed limit on every journey" ("every journey"? Really? How do you make that out now?) when you are clearly, by your own logic, not entitled to do so.

Perhaps we should just dissolve society, guilty as we all are of... well... EVERYTHING.
    I don't recall anything in traffic law about the intention being significant.

If I unintentionally break a red light by not paying enough attention to it, will I escape your ire?

Advertisement