Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Would there be grounds for a dispute at all? I mean wasn't it a gamble as to whether the 199 camera came with two lenses at all as nowhere on the adverts did it mention a second lens. There was an indicative MFN number I know but at least on the ones i was looking at there were two different MFN number on the single listing in different areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Would there be grounds for a dispute at all? I mean wasn't it a gamble as to whether the 199 camera came with two lenses at all as nowhere on the adverts did it mention a second lens. There was an indicative MFN number I know but at least on the ones i was looking at there were two different MFN number on the single listing in different areas.

I think there are grounds if you buy the £199.99 listing with the IS lens, but get the £199.99 listing with DC lens (but get 2)

Hhhmmm did blahblah06 get Dazzys order and vice versa...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Which £199 listing did you go for? The one with the IS in the title and 5161B023AAUK as the code below? Out of interest which code was in your email?

This is the item description: Canon EOS 1100D 12.0 MP Digital SLR Camera + 18-55 IS Lens (Refurbished)
    MPN No is: 5161B030AA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Dazzy wrote: »
    So I bought the £199 camera last week expecting to get the second lens but it arrived last night with only one lens. The one included was the 18-55 IS Lens. I sent an email to the seller to query it.

This is the item description: Canon EOS 1100D 12.0 MP Digital SLR Camera + 18-55 IS Lens (Refurbished)
    MPN No is: 5161B030AA
    So you got the right lens then as per the description.

Lemag wrote: »
    So you got the right lens then as per the description.

Yes. However, other buyers who bought the £199 offer got a second lens included with the package and its what I was expecting to get also. If not I would have went for the £175 offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

.... but IS lens is probably better than the standard lens. Not sure how effective it is. How is your experience with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Yes. However, other buyers who bought the £199 offer got a second lens included with the package and its what I was expecting to get also. If not I would have went for the £175 offer.

The other buyers who bought the £199 listings and got 2 Lens bought this listing and had this code a third of the way down on the page
    5161B038AAUK

The buyers who got the £199 listing and got 1 IS lens bought this example of listing and has this code
    5161B023AAUK

If you are not happy with it, I'm sure some of the thread followers would be interested in buying it from you. Adverts.ie is also a good place to sell. As long as it works that is :)

The camera is perfect and I'm very happy with it. I thought that all of cameras priced at £199 came with two lenses but it looks like that's not the case. Thanks for the replies :-).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

Just to confirm,I finally got my camera last night and it is indeed the one lens version.

I'm still delighted with the camera for the price I'm getting it for and a good entry price point for someone looking to getting into the hobby.

Now to figure out what all these buttons do!

Since I didn't get the 75-300mm lens does anyone recommend a decent zoom lens for further down the road?

Edit: a quick google brought back EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS telephoto zoom (which aren't the worst price on Ebay.)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ellie2

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago. Taking it to a wedding tomorrow. Any advice on the best setting to use especially for the church

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

ellie2 wrote: »
    I picked this up a couple of weeks ago. Taking it to a wedding tomorrow. Any advice on the best setting to use especially for the church

Full auto. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Full auto. :D

Lol, no, NEVER!

Haven't watched it myself, but give this a watch maybe:

Nothing wrong with it IMHO. You can see what the camera does and use that as a guide until you find your own low shutter speed, and high ISO limits. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tomandjerry

How often before this Canon offer is likely to turnup again ?

The best similar offer I can seem to find is the following http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIKON-DIGITAL-SLR-CAMERA-D3100-14-2MP-WITH-18-55MM-VR-LENS-FULLY-AUTOMATIC-BLACK-/400551947682?hash=item5d42c1ada2#ht_1971wt_1199

Any views ?

Got the dreaded Err 30 yesterday :(

Tried everything but its not going away. Anyone else has this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

coldfire1x wrote: »

How long did you have it before you got that error?

I got it on 13th August so around 2 weeks. May have taken 70-80 pics max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Haven't had it but Basq had linked to it earlier in the thread...can't see the instructions on that link for some reason but the there is instructions in the manual for cleaning the sensor manually. Page 173 and you will need a camera blower- one of those little balls with a tube on the end. I was thinking of getting this set on Amazon already so will definitely get it to be on safe side now. Hope this helps anyway and that you won't have to return the camera.

Helpful link for error messages and some possible general solutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

How often before this Canon offer is likely to turnup again ?

The best similar offer I can seem to find is the following http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIKON-DIGITAL-SLR-CAMERA-D3100-14-2MP-WITH-18-55MM-VR-LENS-FULLY-AUTOMATIC-BLACK-/400551947682?hash=item5d42c1ada2#ht_1971wt_1199

Any views ?

Can't say for definite of course but they seem to pop up every month at some stage. Canon probably waits until enough are refurbished and then sends them onto Digital River to sell off. If cost is important then you could chance waiting or go with Nikon- haven't heard any feedback about the Tesco refurbs though. For Canons- If you had a little more to spend there are quite often higher models going like the 550D which went up today at £299 with the IS lens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

For Canons- If you had a little more to spend there are quite often higher models going like the 550D which went up today at £299 with the IS lens.

I bought the 550D from them the other day as a present for a friend. I may take a lot of pics with it before I give it to him (his bday is in a month) in case the error comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

The cannon outlet http://stores.ebay.co.uk/canonoutlet had two of the Cannon 50mm f1.8 II Lens @ £49.95 each today but sold out in a flash.
    I picked one up a few week ago at this price ~& its a great lens.
    Might be worth keeping an eye on their site today to see if more become available.

Two more available - updated @ 15.03 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 14 outofsyncc

Back again! Happy Christams everybody!

http://r.ebay.com/b8bsOE

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

Hi guys phpme died and did not get to buy this offer.
    anyone know where next best alternative is.
    been looking but no luck yet.

Purchased one of these before the Christmas. Received it the Friday before Christmas. Discovered it was faulty new year’s eve. Messaged the eBay seller 03-Jan-14 08:49 to inform them and request a refund or replacement. Below is their reply. Any advice on what I can do?

Dear XXXXX,
    Thank you for contacting the Canon UK Outlet on eBay.

We have received your request for a refund on order number 12987012000.
    Please accept our apologies; the Canon UK Outlet on eBay provides a
    period of 7 days for evaluation of most products. After 7 days the
    refund period ends and is strictly enforced.

If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this message.
    Although we strive to answer inquiries within 24 hours, please note we
    operate during business hours Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.

When replying, please be sure to include this and any other pertinent
    correspondence in your message.

Kind Regards,
    Sonya L.
    Canon UK Outlet on eBay
    Customer Service
    Email ID: 27385980

This site is owned and operated by Digital River Inc., an authorized
    Canon reseller.

• Advertisement

That just refuses the refund, did you ask for repair or replace?

Yup. I requested a repair or refund.

outofsyncc wrote: »
    Yup. I requested a repair or refund.

...and what did they say to repair or replace?

That was the reply I recieved. When I contacted them I asked for info on how to return the item for a replacement or repair

Push harder. Let them know you'll initiate a Paypal dispute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

Their E-bay ads all state "All of our products come with a 1 Year Warranty!". For example, see http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EOS-600D-DSLR-Camera-18-55mm-DC-Lens-Refurbished-1-Yr-Warranty-/390747657758?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item5afa60161e
    Scroll toward the end of the page (under the detailed item description) and you will see it stated. You need to quote this, and insist that they repair or replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

outofsyncc wrote: »
    We have received your request for a refund on order number 12987012000.
    Please accept our apologies; the Canon UK Outlet on eBay provides a
    period of 7 days for evaluation of most products. After 7 days the
    refund period ends and is strictly enforced.

I suspect the reference to seven days is related to the EU Distance selling regulations. These give you as a consumer the right to cancel contracts for goods bought online or by mail order within seven days of receiving the goods. The goods don't have to be faulty and you don't have to give a reason.

This is completely separate from your rights as a consumer in respect of faulty goods. They are taking the mick if they try to claim otherwise.

Guys I am in the same boat. Last couple of months I am trying to send it back or get it repaired but nothing yet.

This is their latest response after sending out whole loads of emails:
    Thank you for contacting the Canon UK Outlet on eBay.

We apologise for the delay and the inconvenience caused. We have
    contacted our escalations team once more for an update. We will contact
    you back as soon as we receive any news.

We appreciate your patience.

If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this message.
    Although we strive to answer inquiries within 24 hours, please note we
    operate during business hours Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.

When replying, please be sure to include this and any other pertinent
    correspondence in your message.

Hope it gets resolved soon.

Is there a repair centre in Ireland? They have an office in Citywest. I wonder if I go there personally will they take any action considering it's still under warranty.

Any point in just logging the fault with Canon at http://www.canon.ie/Support/Consumer_Products/contact_support/Index.aspx

Thanks for all the replys. Im going to initiate a paypal dispute monday if I dont get a resolution by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

Err 50!! Noooooo!!

This is just an FYI guys.....

Note that there's an authorized service centre in Dublin to get your Canon DSLR's camera repaired.

Most of you guys who got this deal are probably still under 1 year warranty.

If you are having any issue get it repaired before the warranty runs out.

Image Supply Systems - Dublin 8.

You can drop in the camera personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

Has anyone been in contact with ISS re the warranty on these?

SQ2 wrote: »
    Has anyone been in contact with ISS re the warranty on these?

I got my camera repaired under warranty from ISS, no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

missed out on this the last time, so just nabbed one there. Any feedback of the camera from people who bought these 1 year ago? Also, any chance these still come with the extra lens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

RobTheLad wrote: »
    missed out on this the last time, so just nabbed one there. Any feedback of the camera from people who bought these 1 year ago? Also, any chance these still come with the extra lens?

Mine still working away perfectly. Hasn't got any major use but always good to have there. Battery life seems really excellent too. Think I've charged mine 3 times since I've gotten it and used it 10+ times as well as a lot of use when I initially got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

RobTheLad wrote: »

Mine's perfect never had an issue with it. Arrived like new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sam Mac wrote: »
    whats the difference? I'm a newbie.

Image stabilization. Its useful at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Would also love to know if these are still coming with the extra lens? Would definitely go for one if I thought it did.

5161B030AAUK - One Lens
    5161B038AAUK - Two Lens
    5161B023AAUK - IS One Lens

Quoted post seems to explain how to tell the models apart. The £175 one is 5161B030AAUK so seems to be just one lens.

Advertisement