Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I outdone myself again today managed to fall up the stairs and skin both forearms :( I’m a gobsh!te :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Passwords. Enter what I think is the password NO.
    So I re-enter it carefully. NO . So I do ‘forgot password’ shyte and put in what I originally thought was the password only to be told I can’t use a password I’ve used before!!! Why didn’t you let me in the first time.! Now I have to make up a ‘memorable’ password. Which by and large will be the original with a 1 or @ or # after it. I’m fockin demented at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,351 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

cj maxx wrote: »
    Passwords. Enter what I think is the password NO.
    So I re-enter it carefully. NO . So I do ‘forgot password’ shyte and put in what I originally thought was the password only to be told I can’t use a password I’ve used before!!! Why didn’t you let me in the first time.! Now I have to make up a ‘memorable’ password. Which by and large will be the original with a 1 or @ or # after it. I’m fockin demented at this stage :(

If I could thank this a million times, I would!! I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

people taking the babies or small children out of the car on the road side instead of the footpath. This is an accident waiting to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Deilvery companies that text you with a time slot, you know you're not going to be home so you change delivery date. But then delivery company tries to attempt delivery anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm effing trivially annoyed that the glitch is back in this thread :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I was just browsing Facebook and randomly someone mentioned they enjoyed something they made in the comment section of an article. What happened next? 'Recipe please?' WHY OH WHY am I haunted. It was completely out of context asking as well and she got no reply.
    Next thing, someone goes for a **** and someone will pipe up 'recipe please?'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

My phone always starts to go dead around this time, I don't want to be charging it over night. I normally wake up before my alarm but there's been a few occasions where my phones gone dead during the night, no alarm to wake me then I realise I supposed to be in work in 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That I was to polite to teachers and we’ll behaved in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Woke up at 5.20am and went to turn my alarm (set for 5.30am) to "off" on my phone. The bloody thing still goes off suddenly and abruptly at 5.30am as I had forgotten to save it when I had switched it to off. I jumped with the fright of it.

In the bathroom I end up getting toothpaste on my top. I change my top afterwards and as I'm putting on the new top the neck hole snags on the ring in my ear, yanking it out. I nearly puncture a hole in my thumb trying to get the thing back in.

Putting on my socks afterwards, the inside of the sock snags on my baby toenail and nearly yanks it off!

The bus then crawls along at a snail's pace, getting every single red light from the airport to Dorset Street. To cap it off I cross the road at the Dorset Street-NCR junction thinking there was plenty of time before the light went green. As soon as I stepped onto the road the light goes green and I have to rush across like a lunatic so I don't get hit by a car! Ugh! I hate Tuesdays!

Anyway despite all this it's going to be a good day today in work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Woke up at 5.20am and went to turn my alarm (set for 5.30am) to "off" on my phone. The bloody thing still goes off suddenly and abruptly at 5.30am as I had forgotten to save it when I had switched it to off. I jumped with the fright of it.

In the bathroom I end up getting toothpaste on my top. I change my top afterwards and as I'm putting on the new top the neck hole snags on the ring in my ear, yanking it out. I nearly puncture a hole in my thumb trying to get the thing back in.

Putting on my socks afterwards, the inside of the sock snags on my baby toenail and nearly yanks it off!

The bus then crawls along at a snail's pace, getting every single red light from the airport to Dorset Street. To cap it off I cross the road at the Dorset Street-NCR junction thinking there was plenty of time before the light went green. As soon as I stepped onto the road the light goes green and I have to rush across like a lunatic so I don't get hit by a car! Ugh! I hate Tuesdays!

Reading that, one of those days you wish you could go back to bed and restart it tomorrow:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

cj maxx wrote: »
    Reading that, one of those days you wish you could go back to bed and restart it tomorrow:(

Never. sometimes when things go against you, its funny, its like a whats going to happen next in the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I was just browsing Facebook and randomly someone mentioned they enjoyed something they made in the comment section of an article. What happened next? 'Recipe please?' WHY OH WHY am I haunted. It was completely out of context asking as well and she got no reply.
    Next thing, someone goes for a **** and someone will pipe up 'recipe please?'

Latest TA - you’re on your football clubs FB page and you see a dozen “score please ?” - you’ve got a device and internet ****ing Google it!!!!!

TA I need your positive spirit!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OH coming in to talk to me about feckin cryptocurrency at this hour. Go away, I need to sleep.

When the dog decides to clean her árse in full view. Like she needs an audience or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Antares35 wrote: »
    OH coming in to talk to me about feckin cryptocurrency at this hour. Go away, I need to sleep.

When the dog decides to clean her árse in full view. Like she needs an audience or something.

That made laugh. Feicing dogs/cats and they're Árses lol

TA, I've had really severe fatigue for about a week and half. No appetite for weeks and other symptoms. Finally had bloods done so waiting on them.

So fatigued last night I went into bed just to watch some TV on the laptop, passed out around 8, woke around 10 - delirious then TV still playing trying to get back to where I'd last remembered. Passed out again. Woke again around midnight. It's just so not like me, I normally have terrible problems sleeping.

I know it's probably nothing but last night was definitely weird :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Being harassed by a company - them contacting my colleague and trying to contact me on Instagram over comments I made on here.
    Kindly Fcuk Off.
    If you have a problem with anything I've said take it up with boards.ie - I really can't be arsed having a shouting match on the phone!

The post box I got to put up outside work.
    As I see it, a post box has two jobs to do:
    1. Keep the post dry.
    2. Keep the post secure.

This post box does neither.
    I can squeeze my hand in a take out the post without opening the box.
    Rain gets in and wets the post - I had to drill extra drain holes in the bottom and put a gridded false bottom in the box to keep post above any water that accumulates despite the original drain holes and my new ones.

what a fail of a product!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

TA, I've had really severe fatigue for about a week and half. No appetite for weeks and other symptoms. Finally had bloods done so waiting on them.

So fatigued last night I went into bed just to watch some TV on the laptop, passed out around 8, woke around 10 - delirious then TV still playing trying to get back to where I'd last remembered. Passed out again. Woke again around midnight. It's just so not like me, I normally have terrible problems sleeping.

I know it's probably nothing but last night was definitely weird :confused:

Sounds like a virus of some sort Jenna. I'm usually a terrible sleeper too and anytime I've had the fatigue you've described its been a virus.
    Did the doctor check other things while you were there or just bloods? I really hope you feel better soon. Thing with fatigue is you don't feel rested after sleeping loads either, you wake up feeling just as tired. Virtual hug and try not to worry. Easier said than done I know.

My Ta is once again everything. My coffee tastes weird.. I don't want cheese on toast...whing moan whing...I want more coffee...I want cheese....siigghhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dizziness and nausea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Two rants today. I'm going to go on about people hogging the overtaking lane again. Some prick in a 202 Toerag was hogging it on the link today. Traffic was light and there was three occasions he could have easily moved over, but didn't. I get there could be reasons you don't move over in heavy traffic, but literally all he/she/it had to do was move the wheel a bit to the left for a few seconds, then back to the right when actually needing to overtake something, and the selfish, ignorant prick wouldn't even do that.

My second rant is people who won't use the overtaking lane! I Passed a Discovery on the way home that was being tailgated by (what I think was) a Laguna estate on an almost empty dual carriageway at considerably less than the 120kph speed limit. The lady in the estate was hunched forward and looked very tense. I wonder if she was following the Discovery somewhere, or there was something wrong with one or both of the vehicles, but ffs either overtake or drop back to a safe distance.

Porklife wrote: »
    Sounds like a virus of some sort Jenna. I'm usually a terrible sleeper too and anytime I've had the fatigue you've described its been a virus.
    Did the doctor check other things while you were there or just bloods? I really hope you feel better soon. Thing with fatigue is you don't feel rested after sleeping loads either, you wake up feeling just as tired. Virtual hug and try not to worry. Easier said than done I know.

My Ta is once again everything. My coffee tastes weird.. I don't want cheese on toast...whing moan whing...I want more coffee...I want cheese....siigghhhh

It's a weird one alright. He's checking for thyroid, hormones a few bits. There's a couple of possibilites (nothing serious to my knowledge) but no point in worrying. Almost too tired to!

How are you feeling? Is it the baby making you feel like that? I'm indecisive at the best of times so I know that's infuriating too!!

Two rants today. I'm going to go on about people hogging the overtaking lane again. Some prick in a 202 Toerag was hogging it on the link today. Traffic was light and there was three occasions he could have easily moved over, but didn't. I get there could be reasons you don't move over in heavy traffic, but literally all he/she/it had to do was move the wheel a bit to the left for a few seconds, then back to the right when actually needing to overtake something, and the selfish, ignorant prick wouldn't even do that.

My second rant is people who won't use the overtaking lane! I Passed a Discovery on the way home that was being tailgated by (what I think was) a Laguna estate on an almost empty dual carriageway at considerably less than the 120kph speed limit. The lady in the estate was hunched forward and looked very tense. I wonder if she was following the Discovery somewhere, or there was something wrong with one or both of the vehicles, but ffs either overtake or drop back to a safe distance.

I am definitely noticing the former of your rants a lot more on the roads these days. It's absolutely infuriating. Sailing along like they own the flamin' road. Just move in and if you need to go back out. It really is not difficult.:rolleyes:

I am cranky lol.

TA - has a seriously awesome dream last night and I coughed and woke myself up just as it was getting filthy....

**** you cough!!!!!

The running red lights now has become the norm. It's endemic!

At this stage, I'm surprised when traffic lights turn red and no one breaks them.
    Really common at pedestrian crossings, too. How someone driving a car thinks it's a good idea to gamble with pedestrian v moving car outcomes.

I often see 3 consecutive cars sail through red lights .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

How can Penny in TBBT afford that apartment.
    Shes a waitress and not a very successful actress.
    And yet she has an apartment in the same block as 2 very successful scientists.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The running red lights now has become the norm. It's endemic!.

I have to say, I've read about this on Boards over the past few years and though it was an exaggeration, as I don't see it happening at all in my town. But then I had occasion to spend a lot more time driving in Dublin in 2018 and 2019, and it is indeed crazy how many people blatantly break read lights. And it's not just being caught out going though an amber - it's two or three cars just sailing though red like it was nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Zealots on either side of a debate. Usually blissfully ignorant of how similar to each other they actually are.

• Advertisement

TA under the weather in this crap weather.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement