Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-02-2018, 18:46   #181
david75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmocab View Post
Would you have a link to some good canon books I read one Star Wars book years ago and it was pants, wouldn’t mind a read of something good.
Here’s a link to the entire list of of new canon books.
Off the bat for real gritty to the political and intrigue to true deadly Star Wars id recommend Bloodline, lost stars, Princess Leia of Alderaan, lords of the sith, Tarkin, dark disciple, perfect weapon, and maybe the legends of Luke Skywalker but that’s a tie in to TLJ so maybe isn’t for everyone. Every book there is loved across fandom.
Avoid the aftermath trilogy. They’re just bad.
Here’s the complete list.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_books

This one is probably better. Includes the comics and it’s chronological and has descriptions of each book
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/sci-fi-fantasy/your-guide-to-the-new-canon-of-star-wars-books-comics/
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-02-2018, 19:52   #182
Agent Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmocab View Post
Would you have a link to some good canon books I read one Star Wars book years ago and it was pants, wouldn’t mind a read of something good.
You can't go wrong starting with the books that started it all Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy
18-02-2018, 21:18   #183
david75
Banned

Yeah his original trilogy is excellent with some awful stuff in it too (Luuuke.) the new Thrawn trilogy he’s written is only one book old and not as good so far. But it’s only the first one. Second part is out soon.
22-02-2018, 13:09   #184
david75
Banned

22-02-2018, 21:23   #185
david75
Banned

so... it turns out... There may or may not be an announcement soon regarding Gareth Edwards and future Star Wars films.

Waiting on more info.
Advertisement
22-02-2018, 22:35   #186
Agent Coulson

There may or may not be an announcement about Martin Scorsese directing a future Star Wars Trilogy.
Thanks from:
22-02-2018, 23:04   #187
pixelburp

There may or may not be an announcement soon that I'm directing a Star Wars movie. I interview well it seems...

Though I got the impression Gareth Edwards outlived his welcome after Rogue One & all the (re)shoots, would be surprised to see him back.
(2) thanks from:
22-02-2018, 23:12   #188
david75
Banned

Yeah I can’t see it either. Rogue one was all but taken off him. Seems he was being a bit of a smart arse about it. Maybe not though. They went back to JJ after all.

‘An extremely reliable source telling me he spoke to Gareth yesterday and when the guy said to him "You should make more Star Wars films, I love your work," Gareth replied, "I'm working on it. Announcement soon."
23-02-2018, 09:32   #189
Relikk

He's obviously still on good terms considering he was an extra in The Last Jedi. I personally would like to see another Edwards Star Wars movie as Rogue One is superb.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-02-2018, 23:08   #190
Agent Coulson

So Rebels latest episodes last night just brought a form of Spoiler: Time travel into the Star Wars Universe.

So I wonder will we see that affect the future films.
Thanks from:
27-02-2018, 23:22   #191
david75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Coulson View Post
So Rebels latest episodes last night just brought a form of Spoiler: Time travel into the Star Wars Universe.

So I wonder will we see that affect the future films.
Just to add to that. These two Rebels episodes are exactly why you should watch this show and Clone Wars and have faith in the story group and LFL.
Four years in the making and such brilliant and immersive storytelling and enhancements of the Star Wars saga and such a massive payoff. Tying all the force elements from the films together and enriching it in whole new ways.
You hear Yoda obi wan Vader Rey kylo jyn all in that one episode

No spoiler synopsis we learn that there is no limit to the force and no ceiling as perceived by Luke or Yoda being ‘Masters’. They know only the tiniest fraction

Spoiler: Coulson, it’s not time travel. At all. The force is above and beyond and outside those constraints is all. Filoni and the show creators explaining that much. And it’s the only temple that had that portal. And it gets destroyed. Game over for that.

Last edited by david75; 28-02-2018 at 00:02.
27-02-2018, 23:26   #192
Agent Coulson

There was a reason I used spoilers well done for spoiling that spoiler on something not everyone may have seen since it hasn’t aired here.

Last edited by Agent Coulson; 27-02-2018 at 23:47.
27-02-2018, 23:48   #193
david75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Coulson View Post
There was a reason I used spoilers well done for spoiling.
I’ll give you one euro for every single person here who will actually watch what we’re talking about. Or cares.
27-02-2018, 23:56   #194
Relikk

That's €1 already. I haven't seen those episodes, yet. Doesn't bother me with something like Rebels, though. If it was a movie or Game of Thrones... That's a different story altogether.
27-02-2018, 23:58   #195
Agent Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by david75 View Post
I’ll give you one euro for every single person here who will actually watch what we’re talking about. Or cares.
A complete lack of respect you are showing for other fans who might.

Bad form.

So im done engaging with someone who has that little respect for other fans.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion