Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sullivlo wrote: »
    I would like to make friends with an orangutan.

Clint?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Just watched orangutan hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I liked the orangutan in the new planet of the apes movies.

I spent lunch time trying to think of a 1916 themed game but every character ended up being Michael Collins, except the SK who was only able to kill Michael Collins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

What about the Easter Bunny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

fixxxer wrote: »
    I spent lunch time trying to think of a 1916 themed game but every character ended up being Michael Collins, except the SK who was only able to kill Michael Collins.

Hmmmm...There were groups holed up in different buildings who could only communicate by runner, there was a lot of confusion about whether it was going ahead or not... It feels like you could do something with shared backrooms, roles on both sides who can move between them or intercept the info to sow distrust and confusion (but are limited in what they can see, so as not to throw the whole thing wide open, eg they get a specific thread/forum for their brief interaction with the group that gets deleted after they leave) or some kind of one way Chinese whispers loop. Germans who can deliver vig bullets by U-boat. There's something there... Watch tg4s seachtar na cásca or read Ernie O'Malleys stuff for inspiration, I'm sure there's plenty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

fixxxer wrote: »
    Clint?

Clyde

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Any gamers here :pac:

How many are getting/have got Red Dead Redemption 2? Always seem to be huge hype behind Rockstar releases and so far they haven't failed to disappoint me.

Went up to my local SuperValu this morning where it was advertised to be on sale but the manager mysteriously 'knew nothing' about the launch, even when I showed him the link that had their shop on it.... :rolleyes: I'd hazard a guess the staff got there first :pac:

Not to worry, reserved in Argos as back up so I'm sorted anyways.

I don't know if I have the time for a game like RDR2. Still trying to complete Spiderman while dealing with a crippling Overwatch addiction.

It looks class alright! Dont have the time.

And FM19 is dropping in a week so ill be playing that whenever i get a chance to play anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Necrominus wrote: »
    Any gamers here :pac:

How many are getting/have got Red Dead Redemption 2? Always seem to be huge hype behind Rockstar releases and so far they haven't failed to disappoint me.

Went up to my local SuperValu this morning where it was advertised to be on sale but the manager mysteriously 'knew nothing' about the launch, even when I showed him the link that had their shop on it.... :rolleyes: I'd hazard a guess the staff got there first :pac:

Not to worry, reserved in Argos as back up so I'm sorted anyways.

Have it pre-ordered on Amazon for the husband for his birthday next week. It'll probably take him about 10 years to finish the thing so it's a good investment. Took him about 4 years to finish Witcher III. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixxxer wrote:
    I don't know if I have the time for a game like RDR2. Still trying to complete Spiderman while dealing with a crippling Overwatch addiction.

They're the only games I make time for nowadays. Witcher 3 that Molly alludes to above I pumped 100s of hours into.

Skyrim, Oblivion, GTA series.
    Love me some open world games :D

Oh what's Spiderman like fixxxer? Been tempted to buy that too but might just put it on the Christmas list.

Wifey owes me after me spending big on getting Pink tickets for her birthday :P

I really enjoyed it. The web swinging is perfect and it makes moving around the city a joy rather than a chore like a lot of open world games. There's a nice touch where if you are wandering around on the ground, theres no music but as soon as you start swinging this superhero orchestral score swells into existence. Really adds to it :D

The combat is pure Arkham Batman games which I am fine with. It's not a super long game, most of the side quest stuff is purely optional unless you want to unlock the more exotic suits. I like the version of Spiderman in the game too, a bit older than Homecoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They had that feature in the Gamecube SpiderMan II, that was an awesome game... then they brought a sequel out on the wii where you had to flick the remotes to control your webs, ruined it :(

Can't play RDR. Sony do what Nintendont. But it was on the news last night, it's that big.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I have man flu. A week off and I get sick :(

If anyone wishes to watch the Ireland v Italy game, you can do so here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyMC8AqnOCk

It might be better to avoid. Shocking.

sullivlo wrote: »
    It might be better to avoid. Shocking.

I actually agree with you.

And Luke Fitzgerald on commentary.

CTRL + W on that tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Been moaning on my rugby group chat about Luke Fitz not being able to STFU...
    See same complaint here and all over Twitter.

Fairly muck game but the IRFU will be happy with the cash.

• Advertisement

He needs to shut the **** up for most of the game and let the main commentator do his job.

He was correcting himself in each sentence because he got a fact or player name wrong.

PJ Masks theme song stuck in my head.

Happy Monday everyone.

For those not familiar:

Catboy

Owlette

Gekko

Let's Go

Goes Into the Night,
    so they can save the day
    Who are these heros
    to show you the way

PJ Masks
    we're the PJ Masks,
    PJ Masks
    we're the PJ Masks

Cos Bedtime

Is the right time

To Fight Crime

I Can't think of a rhyme

PJ Masks
    we're the PJ Masks
    PJ Masks
    we're the PJ Masks

PJ Masks!

At least its not

Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Baby shark!
    Mommy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Mommy shark!
    Daddy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Daddy shark!
    Grandma shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Grandma shark!
    Grandpa shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Grandpa shark!
    Let’s go hunt, doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Let’s go hunt!
    Run away, doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Run away!
    Safe at last, doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Safe at last!
    It’s the end, doo doo doo doo doo doo
    It’s the end!

I love that song! Thanks Fixxxer. Thats knocked those PJ Pests out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

stuff like this is one of the reasons why I don't want kids!

No no kids, doo doo doo doo doo doo
    No no kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Pter wrote: »
    I love that song! Thanks Fixxxer. Thats knocked those PJ Pests out of there.

Here is it in all its glory

Thanks Fixxxer be in my head all day now :P

stuff like this is one of the reasons why I don't want kids!

On the other hand, my kids love all the cartoons i used to like.

And youngest demands i call her Super Batman (mix of superman and batman) and eldest brings me cookies randomly without having to be asked.

So swings and roundabouts (literally).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Pter wrote: »
    On the other hand, my kids love all the cartoons i used to like.

And youngest demands i call her Super Batman (mix of superman and batman) and eldest brings me cookies randomly without having to be asked.

So swings and roundabouts (literally).

kids....they're grand! not my cup of tea though (tea isn't even my cup of tea really, pepsi max, now that's my cup of tea!)

Advertisement