Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    New J. Cole album coming in the next few days. Recorded in 2 weeks apparently.
    I hope it's a bit more dynamic than his last album, I'd love to see someone else on production duties.

yep friday supposedly

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

peteeeed wrote: »
    yep friday supposedly
    guarantee it will leak 2 days early :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hiphophead2003

I think Drake's new album "Scorpion" is coming out soon too. Not a huge Drake fan but it'll sell loads regardless.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not much of a Drake fan, but I'm not gonna lie, his last couple of singles have been rather good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

4kfz36.jpg

I'm guessing that's Drake he goes in on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'm quite partial to Peewee Longway and having codeine sipping monkeys in your video is a boss move.

Kanye just tweeted, 2 new albums coming out in July. 7 track (solo?) album June 1st and a Cudi collab album called "Kids See Ghosts" June 7th. This June is gonna be good!

Just listened through KOD standouts on first listen are KOD, photograph and 1985.

Lil pump gets a roasting on 1985 (maybe just mumble rappers in general)

Just listened through KOD standouts on first listen are KOD, photograph and 1985.

Lil pump gets a roasting on 1985

Is that the last track, I heard he goes in on someone on the last song.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is that the last track, I heard he goes in on someone on the last song.

Yeah it's the last track boom bap

https://youtu.be/sB6dyQ4SgKw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Few nice tracks on first listen, KOD and the diss the stand out ones. Some interesting exploration of the outcomes of drug avuse and causal drug use also. Definitely worthy of a few more listens to really get into it.

There's a new Del The Funky Homosapien album. Haven't given her a shot yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Really enjoying the new Cole album.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Cole is killing it on KOD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

New Nas album June 15th according to Kanye

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    New Nas album June 15th according to Kanye

Apparently produced by Kanye, apparently he is only tweeting about albums he has produced. So far he's talked about
    Pusha, Cudi/Kanye, his own and Teyana Taylor.

NAS ALBUM DONE

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Listened to KOD for the first time last night, have had it on repeat since. Love it!

Found a new rapper that I need to check out more
    Bobby Sessions

• Advertisement

I've loads of new albums that I've started listening to.

First up is Pac Div - 1st Baptist. Their last album was brilliant so had high expectations for this. There have been some solo albums in between that havn't been bad, and they managed to get some production credits on TDE work as well.
    This album is also brilliant, bouncy and crisp and flows really nicely. The first thing I thought about this was that I need to blast this in a car on a sunny day.

Would recommend.

Next up is Saba - Care For Me
    I'm a few tracks in and its pretty smooth so far, really liked his last album so high hopes for this as well.

New Czarface and DOOM single

Kanye dropped a song called "Lift Yourself". The less you know before going in, the better.

Where is anyone listening to the kanye track, can't find it on youtube or spotify

NM got it.

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭CR 7

Seems to be the new standard Kanye album release strategy; appear mentally deranged on twitter and in radio interviews for several weeks, then drop the album.

He also released a song called Ye Vs The People. It explains some stuff.

Kanye is a genius, not mentally deranged at all. He's getting free advertisement everywhere.....even the most powerful man in the Western World is tweeting about him. So that means the White House newsroom is all over it as well....every news outlet is talking about it.
    Last week we saw possibly one of the most historic events in North/South Korea, but media was talking about Kanye instead.

He has 4 or 5 projects in the next 2 months, they are all going to do great numbers now.

In that new song, he says something that is extremely relevant, something about people just reacting after reading the headline and not reading the fine print...essentially people are just all about click-bait.

As far as the pootity poop song goes, if he doesn't collaborate with a pooper scoooper company or come out with the Yezzus 345 Pooper Scooper I'll be disappointed. :)
    The beat before his scatting is pretty good though.

He's an absolute nutjob, so he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I think he's more obnoxious than nuts but he's certainly managed to make it work for him as a marketing strategy. He's got no problem staying out of the news between album releases.

• Advertisement

I listened to J.Cole KOD. I like it, I like it a lot. The production is a step up on the last album and less personal. So it's way easier to listen to and more head noddy.

The last album was very flat, but I think that in years to come folk will look back at it and realise how great it is.

Advertisement