Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I've loved rnbish trap music for years but it's verrrry hit and miss. Needed to find the right curators because it's not an album medium. Migos a prime example critics push the idea constantly but they're singles artists. Best full length of the 2010s is still Tha Tour Pt. 1.

Young Thugs set last summer was stupidly good his voice is incredible if he hasn't done a live album yet he should cos that autotunes flattening so much.

I need to to go to more gigs. Or Dublin promoters need to book more contemporary rap for actual venues rather than support acts in the O2 and festivals for 17 year olds who can't handle their drugs. I don't even mind kids but they were tossing glass bottles in the air and ****.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Some older heads might appreciate this, Nine and the Snowgoons have an album coming out

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MF DOOM and CzarFace are making an album together called Czarface meets Metal Face. And they've even released a song off it

https://soundcloud.com/silveragerecords/nautical-depth

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    MF DOOM and CzarFace are making an album together called Czarface meets Metal Face. And they've even released a song off it

https://soundcloud.com/silveragerecords/nautical-depth

Album out March 30th, looking forward to it

New Blackstar album announced at a gig over the weekend.
    No HI-Tek though, Madlib to produce :eek:

• Advertisement

Jericho Jackson (Elzhi & Khrysis)

https://soundcloud.com/jamlarecords/jericho-jackson-self-made

Love this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

New Nipsey Hustle feat Kendrick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Anyone listen to the Drink Champs podcast on Itunes? Actually quiet good.

Really like that Nipsey/Kendrick song.

Never listened to that podcast, for Hip Hop i listen to Joe Budden, Juan Ep/Rosenberg, Super Duty Tough Work and Combat Jack (RIP)

I probably have enough on my plate!

Does Joe Budden make music anymore?
    Last stuff I heard from him was that Slaughterhouse Album

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Does Joe Budden make music anymore?
    Last stuff I heard from him was that Slaughterhouse Album

Nope, he talks about being retired all the time. But there are exceptions, if SlaughterHouse come calling and want to record something new and there is one person that ever releases a diss track about him, he will fire back. He doesn't name that person though.
    It's thought to be Drake, but Drake recently said some stuff in one of those new tracks he released, but Joe didn't see it as a diss.

Last year he was on a daily web show on Complex called Everyday Struggle, he left just before Christmas and there was some hoopla around it. But there have been a few things thought to be disses and some blatant ones. Vic Mensa has said some stuff in a freestyle, and Migos made a diss track and video about him.

Oh....there is apparently a shelved SlaughterHouse album as well that he has threatened to release a couple of times.

Nope, he talks about being retired all the time. But there are exceptions, if SlaughterHouse come calling and want to record something new and there is one person that ever releases a diss track about him, he will fire back. He doesn't name that person though.
    It's thought to be Drake, but Drake recently said some stuff in one of those new tracks he released, but Joe didn't see it as a diss.

Last year he was on a daily web show on Complex called Everyday Struggle, he left just before Christmas and there was some hoopla around it. But there have been a few things thought to be disses and some blatant ones. Vic Mensa has said some stuff in a freestyle, and Migos made a diss track and video about him.

Oh....there is apparently a shelved SlaughterHouse album as well that he has threatened to release a couple of times.

I watch everyday struggle its a bit sh*t since joe left.. Akademiks is such a lick arse.. lets on to be all about the artists but in fact just trying to get himself out there as much as possible..

I've grown to like Ak, and f*ck it, he was given a bigger platform so why not try to sell himself a little more :)
    It's definitely not as good since Joe left. Star just keeps asking the same question on every subject and then likes to talk about having a concealed firearm permit.
    Although, there is some stuff about Snoop bubbling from him, I'd like to hear more about that.

Another song from the upcoming Black Milk album

https://soundcloud.com/massappealrecs/truelies?in=blackmilkofficial%2Fsets%2Ffever

Digging it, not quite hip hop though.

Tasty new song from U-God with a few Wu lads featured.

https://soundcloud.com/babygrande/u-god-inspectah-deck-raekwon-scotty-epicenter

The new Nipsey Hussle album is excellent.

Stab*City wrote: »
    Hearing great things about it, I have it on the phone ready to be listened to, but to warm me up I've been listening to the new Daz Dillinger album and YG. :)

Production on it is something else.

Hearing great things about it, I have it on the phone ready to be listened to, but to warm me up I've been listening to the new Daz Dillinger album and YG. :)

I completely forgot! :o

30 tracks!! :eek:

Stab*City wrote: »

It's savage!
    Easily the best album of the year so far.

• Advertisement

Bangers everywhere in this album:D

FIRE!

First song from the Epic Beard Men (Sage Francis & B.Dolan) EP that's coming next week

https://epicbeardmen.bandcamp.com/album/five-hearts-single

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's savage!
    Easily the best album of the year so far.

I have listened to it maybe 10-12 times so far which is unheard of for me these dayz.. Best album Ive heard in a while. His raspy west coast vibe is perfect. Some of those basslines on the album are heavy as f$$k!!!

New track from Red Pill Cris Orrick featuring Blu, with Exile on the beat.

https://chrisorrickraps.bandcamp.com/album/portraits

Evidence and Slug - Powder Cocaine

New one from Royce and Premo

Pretty much what you'd expect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Just seen Fredro starr from Onyx on the RTE news stuck in Dublin Airport , that's random.

tossy wrote: »
    Just seen Fredro starr from Onyx on the RTE news stuck in Dublin Airport , that's random.

haha, brilliant!
    Their new album sounds OKish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

haha, brilliant!
    Their new album sounds OKish.

His last album was a real gem.

Advertisement