Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Jen did use the brief in key areas. Her comments on Iran were read straight from the brief. Making sure the message delivered was accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Why isn't she denouncing them as fake and enemies of the people? This is weirdly normal.

I didnt watch, did she at least sneer at the press that they were being "mean" and asking "nasty" questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

how was the inauguration? presume trump didn't turn up. pence, regardless of what you think of his politics, is a principled man.

what's bussing? these 2 seem so opposed here in idealoy. i'm curios i must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭AllForIt

That Jen is very sharp, but it looks like a return to same old. A lot of fast talking there but not really saying anything at all. Impressive she can read her brief and pick the right section before the journo has even finished asking the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

how was the inauguration? presume trump didn't turn up. pence, regardless of what you think of his politics, is a principled man.

And now a year later they are the best of friends :)

Joe has some qualities I like and a sense of humour but I can't warm to kamala.

Nice clip frim same debate of her being put under pressure starts 3.46 mark

https://youtu.be/Y4fjA0K2EeE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Let’s hope a better America with Joe Bideeeeeeeen as Kiera Doherty says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

And now a year later they are the best of friends ��

Joe has some qualities I like and a sens of humour but I can't warm to kamala.

wow! under bidens rules, barack could never have run for president.

at least racism don't depend on your race anymore. else biden is a racist.

think he also opposes non-binary marriage, but thats fine cos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,945 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Says it all when campaign debate accusations are what someone has to use to target the guy who beat their hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Character Building

Foxtrol wrote: »
    This, he repeated himself but was grand.

The man has had an incredibly long and stressful day - I've 45 years on him and my brain is wrecked after a day of zoom calls, forget about giving the most important speech of your life in front of hundreds of millions of people with the threat of assassination of you and your family hanging over your head.

At least he didn't forget to sign the order like Trump did that time when he spoke about it and then walked out the door.

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/847939981284974594?s=20

OK, let's say we give him a pass today owing to it being such a long day for him....

Let's see how things unfold over the next few months when more unscripted and unprompted comments are required (unlike what he had to face during the campaign).

Unfortunately, imo, this is only going one way and it's not going to be pretty. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am. I'm glad Trump is gone but for me, trying to look at this objectively, this is not the same Biden that served as VP. I think anyone who thinks he's operating at the same cognitive capacity as he was even four years ago is not being honest with themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

OK, let's say we give him a pass today owing to it being such a long day for him....

Let's see how things unfold over the next few months when more unscripted and unprompted comments are required (unlike what he had to face during the campaign).

Unfortunately, imo, this is only going one way and it's not going to be pretty. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am. I'm glad Trump is gone but for me, trying to look at this objectively, this is not the same Biden that served as VP. I think anyone who thinks he's operating at the same cognitive capacity as he was even four years ago is not being honest with themselves.

He is on form sometimes but the voter thing I highlighted and people are jumping to defend shows him getting aggressive and riled up under pressure. Like if his son gets dinged for tax evasion he's going to be asked about that you can't fly off the handle.

He's obviously way better than trump who was continuously going off on people but I think after 4-6 months once the euphoria has worn off it will be interesting to see how he handles it.
    My bet is he will stand down just before the mid terms elections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Won't be long until there's another Trump in the white house with these policies

https://twitter.com/AbigailShrier/status/1352121732723666946

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,068 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Won't be long until there's another Trump in the white house with these policies

What, enforcing anti-discrimination laws on the basis of sex?

The order is very straightforward and I don't see the problem. If you receive federal funding you are bound to adhere to anti-discrimination laws and regs. Section 1:

Every person should be treated with respect and dignity and should be able to live without fear, no matter who they are or whom they love. Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports. Adults should be able to earn a living and pursue a vocation knowing that they will not be fired, demoted, or mistreated because of whom they go home to or because how they dress does not conform to sex-based stereotypes. People should be able to access healthcare and secure a roof over their heads without being subjected to sex discrimination. All persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation.

These principles are reflected in the Constitution, which promises equal protection of the laws. These principles are also enshrined in our Nation’s anti-discrimination laws, among them Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended (42 U.S.C. 2000e et seq.). In Bostock v. Clayton County, 590 U.S. ___ (2020), the Supreme Court held that Title VII’s prohibition on discrimination “because of . . . sex” covers discrimination on the basis of gender identity and sexual orientation. Under Bostock‘s reasoning, laws that prohibit sex discrimination — including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended (20 U.S.C. 1681 et seq.), the Fair Housing Act, as amended (42 U.S.C. 3601 et seq.), and section 412 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended (8 U.S.C. 1522), along with their respective implementing regulations — prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation, so long as the laws do not contain sufficient indications to the contrary.

Discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation manifests differently for different individuals, and it often overlaps with other forms of prohibited discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race or disability. For example, transgender Black Americans face unconscionably high levels of workplace discrimination, homelessness, and violence, including fatal violence.

It is the policy of my Administration to prevent and combat discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation, and to fully enforce Title VII and other laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation. It is also the policy of my Administration to address overlapping forms of discrimination.

What is the change of policy exactly could someone explain and what difference will it make?

https://twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/status/1352043308424589312

I see Broseph has a portrait of the greatest POTUS of them all, in pride of place, in the Oval Office.

A great shame he won't govern like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

the man looked completely bewildered there, repeating himself, barely able to articulate what the orders were. It was not good to see.

That war is over, time to pack away the plastic gun and hang up the cosplay military uniform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hey Look Fat, here's the deal, your a damn liar

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/joe-biden-claims-he-did-not-call-iowa-voter-fat.html

So respectful :)

Look obesity costs healthcare billions, it needs to be called out

And now a year later they are the best of friends :)

Joe has some qualities I like and a sense of humour but I can't warm to kamala.

Can't stand Kamala, mostly because she reminds me of a horrible person I worked with.

People are really quick to forget her own desperately underwhelming campaign to get the nomination.

I too like Biden, he has a tough job ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/incoming-first-daughter-ashley-biden-wants-you-to-know-she-wont-be-working-in-her-fathers-administration-2021-01-19?mod=home-page

Imagine that, no nepotism, wow, every news report today just highlights how low Trump the presidency down. He really thought he was a king, not a servant of the republic.

Ashley Biden is the polar opposite of Ivanka Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Whatever manners he displays doesn't discount that Pence supports gay conversion therapy, fcuk that guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Can't stand Kamala, mostly because she reminds me of a horrible person I worked with.

People are really quick to forget her own desperately underwhelming campaign to get the nomination.

You can't stand Kamala because she reminds you of someone you knew? Reminds you how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Newuser2

Leroy42 wrote: »
    You can't stand Kamala because she reminds you of someone you knew? Reminds you how?

His wife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

"There's just something about her."

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Ashley Biden is the polar opposite of Ivanka Trump.

Say want you want about Donald but I wont have you dissing my ivanka you hear :)

He was an American attack dog who would sh*t himself but blame you for farting. All about the points scoring.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/incoming-first-daughter-ashley-biden-wants-you-to-know-she-wont-be-working-in-her-fathers-administration-2021-01-19?mod=home-page

Imagine that, no nepotism, wow, every news report today just highlights how low Trump the presidency down. He really thought he was a king, not a servant of the republic.

Jill is going to keep up her current job as well, like she did when she was Second Lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

EsOpQVUVQAA08HG?format=jpg&name=900x900

Good stuff Ted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Harris versus Pence as VP. Hmmm....so hard....must choose....

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Billy Mays wrote: »

Good stuff Ted

Oh NOW he cares about the people of Pittsburgh when he lobbied to have their votes thrown out over the last 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Same Ted Cruz who wanted all Pennsylvania votes thrown out in recent election.

These guys have no shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,411 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Same Ted Cruz who wanted all Pennsylvania votes thrown out in recent election.

These guys have no shame.

Well I think it’s pretty well understood Ted Cruz will say anything to appeal to the clapping seals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Wow that's not going to end well!

Good stuff Ted

Wow I assumed that was fake but I just looked it up. The citizens of Paris? What? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,516 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Wow that's not going to end well!

I don't suppose you actually read the presidential order? what parts in particular are of concern to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Wait until Ted hears about the Vienna Declaration on Human Rights. I mean why are we worried about the rights of the Austrians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Good stuff Ted

I know Ted knows what the Paris Climate accord is but that reads like he thinks it's about Paris and the clapping seals will think that too. And then they'll drive home in their gas guzzlers, open up their twitternator accounts and blast Biden for selling America out to those commie Pareeeeesians.
    Ted is starting early trying to soak up Trump supporters for his next run.

I know Ted knows what the Paris Climate accord is but that reads like he thinks it's about Paris and the clapping seals will think that too. And then they'll drive home in their gas guzzlers, open up their twitternator accounts and blast Biden for selling American out to those commie Pareeeeesians.

Great. Splitting the Republicans on day 1 of the fightback. Go Ted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I don't think I've ever seen such a venal, weak, unpricinpled little man as Ted Cruz.

DrZz_GnWkAI7O1u?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrZz_GnWkAI7O1u?format=jpg&name=medium

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Good stuff Ted

This cannot be real?
    *Edit*
    Holy ****, it’s real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I know Ted knows what the Paris Climate accord is but that reads like he thinks it's about Paris and the clapping seals will think that too. And then they'll drive home in their gas guzzlers, open up their twitternator accounts and blast Biden for selling America out to those commie Pareeeeesians.
    I agree stupid tweet, but it's not just the Trumpers that will be driving around in the 9 mile a gallon Ford SUV's...

Plenty of Biden voters too are driving them, have you seen his "drive in" rallies ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,527 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This press conference is very boring. The entertainment is over. Thank you Trump for getting me through the first year of the pandemic.

Politics is not supposed to be entertainment ffs, do you think hundreds of thousands of dead people is entertaining?

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,527 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's like how 401 emails are deliberately badly written so they only appeal to the stupid.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,068 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,516 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Overheal wrote: »

I think your sarcasm meter is due its annual service Overheal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

AOC really has her sights trained on Cruz. Anytime he opens his mouth recently she is quick in with a putdown.

AOC really has her sights trained on Cruz. Anytime he opens his mouth recently she is quick in with a putdown.

Deservedly so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Cruz is an absolute weasel. Sorry weasels.

It's very important to continuously expose lies for what they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They're in the same "tier", politically - presidential hopefuls after 2024 who get a lot of air time. The bunfighting tends to go across the aisle like that. If she was to get into spats with the likes of Mike Pence while the democrats have the White House, then it gives the impression that she's trying to upstage the President or VP.

Cruz is an absolute weasel. Sorry weasels.

I'd love to know who has what on him and Lindsey Graham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'd love to know who has what on him and Lindsey Graham

Graham's a weird one. I know we all THINK we know what it is, but that's considered such an open secret I find it honestly hard to believe it still has the leverage to make him drink this much dignity poison.

Advertisement