Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Moderate rain in Dublin 16, but at least starting to see temp drop a little now. 3.7c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭heffoo

Snowing in Knockananna chunky flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Moderate rain in Dublin 16, but at least starting to see temp drop a little now. 3.7c atm.

Dublin 18 here Doc (stepaside) and very faint sleet, not too much and need velux window to make it out, but perhaps turning to sleet for you shortly

Beyond that who knows........

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Sleet, Carlow town.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grogu1983

Hopefully I get some in my direction I'm in Tinahely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Sleet eased off here tullaroan kilkenny
    There is a serious bite in the air now that it's cleared a bit.
    Outside with the dogs and it's absolutely baltic compared to the balmy night we had

• Registered Users Posts: 23,547 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Flakes in north Dublin

I06-2-5-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The size of the flakes falling here in Carlow are pretty remarkable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Flakes in north Dublin

I06-2-5-2.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The temperature @ N81 Tallaght has dipped nicely in the last hour, air temperature sitting at 1.5 degrees now, that rain may turn to snow soon enough in that area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Fantastic too see folks getting snow and the 528 dam isn't over us yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wet snow falling now at N81 Baltinglass, temperature dipped to 1.3 degrees, was 2.0 degrees 20 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

Interesting temperature profile in Clonmel this morning, all night around 10 to 11 degrees and suddenly at 5am it fell rapidly within an hour to 6 degrees and continuing to fall. Now it's 4 degrees and dewpoint 1.7. After a morning of heavy rain its cleared off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Fantastic too see folks getting snow and the 528 dam isn't over us yet.

Yep appears to be colder than predicted. Some inland parts here are only 1c

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SnizzleSky

Currently 4.1C (DP: 1.9C) in Aughrim, Wicklow. 160asl. Rain. not a flake to be seen. I would say there is a plaster of it on the nearby mighty Lug. Snow from two weeks ago was still visible in shaded locations yesterday!!!

Grogu1983 wrote: »
    Hopefully I get some in my direction I'm in Tinahely.

I'd say you will but no guarantees, it's very near you
    Wind is now nnw here so directly off the hills
    Precipitation is very light though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Latest Wet-bulbs.

540089.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

A real wet chill in Tullamore since 12. Pure snow weather. Will be very surprised if we don't get some by evening. High ground outside Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Flakes in north Dublin

I06-2-5-2.jpg

Plenty of flakes in Merrion St too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Latest Wet-bulbs.

540089.png

GL, are the actual conditions / metrics we are seeing giving you any pause to think that for some this might not just be a high ground event (I should say up to now I agreed with your view that this would be a non event). Things seem to me to be a bit more conducive to snow than the models suggested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Definitely a mix of sleet/rain here in D14. I can see the sleet/wet flake bits melt as it reaches the skylight below my bedroom view.

Sleet and a few very wet snow flakes here in north Dublin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

TTLF wrote: »
    Definitely a mix of sleet/rain here in D14. I can see the sleet/wet flake bits melt as it reaches the skylight below my bedroom view.

Seeing that sploginess here too on Velux in Dublin 16. 3.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Seeing that sploginess here too on Velux in Dublin 16. 3.1c atm.

its a real odd one because i cant tell if its prodominently raining or more sleet. its getting heavier too so hopefully with Evaporate cooling it switches over to snow. 2C at casement and dropping. Dew point 1C also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Drizzling here in Meath (Tara/Kilmessan area - 500 feet). Wondering if we have any hope of snow later?

won't be any snow in Meath.

More and more flakes with the sleet here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭highdef

Just plain rain with the tiny hint of iciness visible if you have a windy handy for it to land on otherwise you'd think it was pure rain of you're looking out from inside. This is in ballyfermot/inchicore area

• Registered Users Posts: 30 leeash10

Snow now sticking on grass in West Wicklow, 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Nothing but rain here in Dublin 8, I'm hoping for a miracle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Rain has stopped here in south Laois. Got down to 3.1c just as it cleared. Winds flicked NE and temps rose to 3.5c. Winds have just returned NW now and temperature is holding at 3.5c.

Looks like any snow will be in the Liffey-Barrow-Slaney areas with higher ground nearby most poised to see any accumulations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement