Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Guess dodgy streams it is ffs, would gladly have paid money for this considering how crap everything else is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I couldn't imagine they would have left no way for irish people who don't have sky to order but here we are.

That's different though in fairness, BT have the rights and they couldn't care less if people don't have a Sky box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭hawaii501

McGregor by Sub
    Is it just me or does Hooker look much taller than 6ft? I know he's a slim build so obviously looks taller but i keep thinking he is around 6"4 or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

McGregor by Sub
    if there was a reasonable paid streaming option like when you could buy it on youtube i would happily pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Just can't see how the UFC would allow people to use a VPN from other regions without blocking them. Think of the revenue they'd lose. I'm hopeful it'll work myself as I don't have a skybox. We'll see.

There is no way the UFC can prevent people in Ireland from using a VPN to access content in another country. I don't think it's even possible for them to do that, unless Dana personally visits you and unleashes the wrath of his inner tomato.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

McGregor by Sub
    moneyman wrote: »
    There is no way the UFC can prevent people in Ireland from using a VPN to access content in another country. I don't think it's even possible for them to do that, unless Dana personally visits you and unleashes the wrath of his inner tomato.

Services can block vpns being used. Dazn do it very well.

But you would expect them to block them all the time not wait till 3am/4am when ufc is on to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Services can block vpns being used. Dazn do it very well.

But you would expect them to block them all the time not wait till 3am/4am when ufc is on to do.

I wasn't aware of that, I assumed if using a VPN that the service wouldn't be able to tell you're using a VPN. Shows how much I know. I wouldn't put it past Dana to have it blocked just before the fight, he is petty. But probably unlikely.

moneyman wrote: »

Tried buying on bt sports with a uk vpn, needed a credit card with a uk billing address so thats the avenue ruled out.

Wonder will espn have the same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

McGregor by Sub
    how are ye able to even buy it on bt sport with a vpn without a uk visa card?

Revolut work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

McGregor by Sub
    Tried buying on bt sports with a uk vpn, needed a credit card with a uk billing address so thats the avenue ruled out.

Wonder will espn have the same issue

Have you seen others mentioning it’s free on Dutch tv? With English commentary.

• Advertisement

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Have you seen others mentioning it’s free on Dutch tv? With English commentary.

I haven't, what channel?

McGregor by Sub
    https://www.kijk.nl/programmas/ufc/gIKqbuiSm1v
    AFAIK this is the Dutch one.

Someone else posted this earlier. List of all stations showing it across the world:
    https://www.ufc.com/news/how-watch-ufc-257-poirier-vs-mcgregor-2-stream-links-start-times-and-fight-card

Surely the business model is broken, if people willing to pay full whack can’t purchase it.

Surely the business model is broken, if people willing to pay full whack can’t purchase it.

What's even worse is that we can't buy a McGregor fight in Ireland :rolleyes:

McGregor by Sub

Ya it’s nuts. BT do have an app/website where you can purchase and watch online but only available in the UK. Would be very easy for them to allow us access too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

froog wrote: »
    if there was a reasonable paid streaming option like when you could buy it on youtube i would happily pay.

There used to be. I remember I bought McGregor and Mendes for 18euro on YouTube. Streamed in good quality without issue. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

BT paid the UFC a lot money for the rights over here and put out a lot of fantastic original content in fairness.

Watching and being able to record all their UFC stuff without fear of a stream going down during a big live card is one of the main reasons I have a sky subscription.

mdwexford wrote: »
    BT paid the UFC a lot money for the rights over here and put out a lot of fantastic original content in fairness.

Watching and being able to record all their UFC stuff without fear of a stream going down during a big live card is one of the main reasons I have a sky subscription.

I’m cool with BT, but why not allow their box office to be available on the app. I would imagine a lot of people are missing out on the fight, especially with Covid and not being able to go to a friends house. They’d probably make a or more money if they made it easier to purchase

i just used a canadian vpn and bought it for 18euro on ufc fight pass, hopefully it works

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

What's the point of fight pass then if you cant even buy main event cards? Surely YouTube is the place to go if you want to watch previous fights which is what I'm guessing is what is watchable on fight pass? Waste of money no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Will_I_Regret

i just used a canadian vpn and bought it for 18euro on ufc fight pass, hopefully it works

Never thought to use that one. I paid €31 with an Australian VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Some joke I can’t buy the ppv in Ireland ?? Sky won’t give it to me because I cancelled my tv package even though it’s still active until next month. What a joke of a country

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

What's the point of fight pass then if you cant even buy main event cards? Surely YouTube is the place to go if you want to watch previous fights which is what I'm guessing is what is watchable on fight pass? Waste of money no?

YouTube v fight pass is like comparing a fiat to a ferrari.

Every season of TUF makes fight pass worth it alone.

Get where your coming from, you don't even get the main card for fight nights anymore since BT renewed the rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Some joke I can’t buy the ppv in Ireland ?? Sky won’t give it to me because I cancelled my tv package even though it’s still active until next month. What a joke of a country

Joke of a country?

Is it not Sky you should be angry with?

Explain why your ire is directed at Ireland as a country?

Are you even thinking about what you're saying, or just drooling out senseless rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

rottie 11 wrote: »

Really, wow that is bonkers carry on.

You are still a current customer. I’d speak to a manager and absolutely go through them for a shortcut.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Will_I_Regret

You are still a current customer. I’d speak to a manager and absolutely go through them for a shortcut.

Good luck getting someone from Sky on the phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

McGregor by Sub
    Never thought to use that one. I paid €31 with an Australian VPN.

Well that's a load of balls from the UFC. Canada have it at prime time and pay less than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Absolutely ridiculous, I could only get sky on messenger and he tried all he could for me in fairness but the system wouldn’t let him book it for me.

McGregor by Sub
    €18 in Canada only if you have Fight Pass is it? Decent price alright. More without it?

Full price in the US on ESPN is what, $70?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

McGregor by Sub
    €18 in Canada only if you have Fight Pass is it? Decent price alright. More without it?

Full price in the US on ESPN is what, $70?

Think its 50CAD or so without fight pass in Canada
    Its nights like this I love my android box and iptv

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement