Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yea, I think we both discussed him a while back, it’s scary how bad he is, even towards the end of his career he was a bit of a clown on the court (or sideline)

Why employ him though as a network?

Tim Legler, who is an excellent pundit and analyst is very under-used, and this eejit is given a shocking amount of air time. I don’t get it at all.

Part of me wonders is there a degree of tokenism at play here.

Lillard again last night turning it on in the 4th on his way to 50, from 17 down with 6 to play. Shocking collapse by New Orleans all the same though.

Great interview with Lillard post-game about hard work and staying humble. Guy is a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Speaking of bad NBA analysts, I'm getting so much pleasure seeing Shaq get bullied by Candace and D.Wade on TNT lately. The man is so out of touch it's amazing. Some of the things he has said this season have been Skip Bayless-level stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,656 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gregk961 wrote:
    Speaking of bad NBA analysts, I'm getting so much pleasure seeing Shaq get bullied by Candace and D.Wade on TNT lately. The man is so out of touch it's amazing. Some of the things he has said this season have been Skip Bayless-level stupid.
    Nothing stupid about Skip Bayless, he knows exactly what he's doing.
    The guy went from ESPN page 2, a comedy reporting gig, to his own show by being controversial and annoying people. Everything Bayless does is calculated and planned.

Myers Leonard traded and waived. Paying a huge price for a comment.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Nothing stupid about Skip Bayless, he knows exactly what he's doing.
    The guy went from ESPN page 2, a comedy reporting gig, to his own show by being controversial and annoying people. Everything Bayless does is calculated and planned.

Well most of what he says is brain dead chatter and he knows little about the sports he talks about. That was my comparison to Shaq, not his intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Just watched the last dance again

Nothing will come close to 90s basketball

Gregk961 wrote:
    Well most of what he says is brain dead chatter and he knows little about the sports he talks about. That was my comparison to Shaq, not his intelligence.
    He knows a lot but he knows how to earn cash too and it's why he does what he does. He just signed a new four year $32 million contract with Fox.

eagle eye wrote: »
    He knows a lot but he knows how to earn cash too and it's why he does what he does. He just signed a new four year $32 million contract with Fox.

So just to clarify; he is, in your opinion, knowledgeable but makes nonsensical statements to make money?

I would say he has got rich in spite of his lack of knowledge based on anything I've ever heard from him.

Gregk961 wrote:
    So just to clarify; he is, in your opinion, knowledgeable but makes nonsensical statements to make money?
    I would say he has got rich in spite of his lack of knowledge based on anything I've ever heard from him.
    If you can find some of his articles before he became a TV personality it would shine some light on things for you.
    Have you ever even heard of ESPN page 2? I don't think it's still going. He started out with the Miami Herald.

• Advertisement

I’d rather listen to Skip Bayless knowing he’s trolling than a lot of the other US talking heads tbh. Nick Wright and Perkins being 2 examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Gregk961 wrote: »

This is exactly what he does.

He's like Eamon Dunphy.

Controversy creates cash.

Discussion on the Woj pod this morning discussed Lillard’s clutch shooting splits this year - 60/53/100.

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

Just watched Nets have possibly their worst ever shooting night and Magic have their best ever. Aaron Gordon playing out of his skin.

The amount of games we (Bulls) have thrown away this season is sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

LeBron out for potentially 6 weeks to 3 months with ankle injury :eek: That's beyond the end of the regular season. With himself and Davis out you gotta wonder how the team will cope

https://www.nba.com/news/lebron-james-leaves-lakers-game-with-right-ankle-injury-will-not-return

• Registered Users Posts: 23,253 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

This Rockets must be one of the worst NBA teams ever. I know over an entire season its the 2012 Bobcats but they managed to sprinkle their victories around a bit. A 19 game loosing streak is chronic and nothing suggests its likely to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Top Dog wrote: »
    LeBron out for potentially 6 weeks to 3 months with ankle injury :eek: That's beyond the end of the regular season. With himself and Davis out you gotta wonder how the team will cope

https://www.nba.com/news/lebron-james-leaves-lakers-game-with-right-ankle-injury-will-not-return

The fact he was able to stay on the court, make a 3 to keep his double digit streak going, suggests it might not be as bad as it is being made out to be.

The team will struggle without both players but it is not as if they will struggle so much as to miss the playoffs or anything. I'm just hoping that they recruit well over the next few days!!!

Apparently Drummond made some comment about New York being a nice place fueling speculation he will join the Nets when he is bought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

killwill wrote: »
    The fact he was able to stay on the court, make a 3 to keep his double digit streak going, suggests it might not be as bad as it is being made out to be.

The team will struggle without both players but it is not as if they will struggle so much as to miss the playoffs or anything. I'm just hoping that they recruit well over the next few days!!!

Well it's a high ankle sprain. My experience of following high ankle sprains is getting back onto the field or the court is only part of the battle. This should impact his effectiveness the rest of the way.

The Lakers may miss the playoffs sans Davis and LeBron. They are going to start losing a lot of games without them and that cushion will come under pressure quick if they lose five in a row.

• Advertisement

They've a lot of tough games in the next two weeks too. Suns, Sixers, Bucks and Clippers.
    They also play the Pelicans, Cavs, Magic and Kings.
    That's eight games in 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What would they be across a 72 game season without LeBron and Davis like? Would they even win 20 games?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Apparently Drummond made some comment about New York being a nice place fueling speculation he will join the Nets when he is bought out.
    As a casual fan the thoughts of a team made up of Drummond, Griffin, Durant, Irving and Harden really doesn't appeal to me. The annihilation of poorer teams would not be enjoyable viewing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Jesus, Lebrons theatrics to the ankle sprain were a bit ott to say the least, you swear he got shot.
    I’ve done my ankle, tore calf muscle and I am pretty sure I didn’t make that much of a meal out of it and Iam a skinny white dude not a freak athlete like LeBron

Jesus, Lebrons theatrics to the ankle sprain were a bit ott to say the least, you swear he got shot.
    I’ve done my ankle, tore calf muscle and I am pretty sure I didn’t make that much of a meal out of it and Iam a skinny white dude not a freak athlete like LeBron

Not exactly new behaviour from LeBron!

I said it a few weeks ago that it was madness that he was playing the minutes he was playing this season from a load management perspective and for how much he was increasing the risk of injury. And also that he had to endorse it as part of his MVP campaigning. And here we are. I take no pleasure in seeing anyone getting injured, but he played a role in this.

LaMelo has his season ended by injury :(

Blake can still dunk! :eek::pac:

pjohnson wrote: »
    LaMelo has his season ended by injury :(
    Was gutted to see that new this morning. He was fun to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

Wonder with Ant Man get ROTY then? Or Haliburton

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement