Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Corvo

Corvo wrote: »
    Tried out Top Shot for the craic.

I got in what turned out to be a massive queue just before 5pm (I went in at around 30k mark, my friend was around 140k in it) and got a pack for 15 dollars.

Ended up with a Tatum assist off the floor, a Caleb Martin dunk and a Thaddeus Young dunk. Onthe market place they are selling (combined) for around 90 dollars at their lowest ask price (one guy is selling the Caleb Martin dunk for 15k). Doesn’t mean they’ll sell of course.

I mean, who wants a Caleb Martin dunk apart from Caleb Martin?

Sold my Tatum clip for 200 quid. If anyone needs me, I’ll be the one dancing for cash on the side of the street when this all goes to pot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Corvo wrote: »
    Sold my Tatum clip for 200 quid. If anyone needs me, I’ll be the one dancing for cash on the side of the street when this all goes to pot :(

Really?? That’s hilarious 😂 😂😂
    That’s so crazy

Really?? That’s hilarious 😂 😂😂
    That’s so crazy

It’s a mental place and I’ve no doubt (judging by the speed it was bought) that I’ve undersold but I’ve neither the patience or capital to see it out regularly.

Speaking of which, interested in a Caleb Martin dunk? I’ll sell it to you for real good price?

eagle eye wrote: »
    On limited minutes he may be able to play to a decent level still.

From a purely fans perspective, I think we'd all love to see Blake lobbing again.

2016 vibes...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,143 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

His stats and game tape are beyond awful. He's also barely played since 2019. He's done. He's an error for any contender.

• Advertisement

He's beyond washed. He can't even jump...

(cue Blake turning into 2016 Blake)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

This looks really bad for Adam Silver.

Edit: Maybe not as apparently they didn't mix with the other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

They'll hardly be able to get substitutes at such short notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Blake got $53million out of a possible $66million left on his contract to leave. Fock me.

• Advertisement

Blake got $53million out of a possible $66million left on his contract to leave. Fock me.
    And now he's rumoured to have signed for the Nets on a vet minimum which shrinks the difference further while he joins a genuine contender. Nice if you can get it

Top Dog wrote: »
    And now he's rumoured to have signed for the Nets on a vet minimum which shrinks the difference further while he joins a genuine contender. Nice if you can get it

He could play for a dollar and he'd be on more than most of the players in the league for the next 2 years.

San Antonio and LaMarcus Aldridge agree to “mutually part ways”. SA are looking to trade him, but they may agree a buy out.

Lakers?

San Antonio and LaMarcus Aldridge agree to “mutually part ways”. SA are looking to trade him, but they may agree a buy out.

Lakers?
    With Gasol looking like he's regressing, and the big unknown with Davis' injury, another big wouldn't be a bad thing. If he's bought out rather than traded could be a (relatively) cheap a acquisition?

I still don't really understand why they let Howard go

Still think Lakers will hold on to see what happens with Drummond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Golden state interested in oladipo from Houston, wouldn't have to give much maybe a straight swap with oubre...

jk23 wrote: »
    Golden state interested in oladipo from Houston, wouldn't have to give much maybe a straight swap with oubre...

Really ? Haven’t heard anything about that, it would surprise me to be honest considering how Oubre has come through the other end of a tough start to his Warriors career, he really has shown great character and basketball ability to adapt to the Warriors system and I think will be a key part in the future
    He will cost the Warriors a dent chunk of change but Iam sure olidipo would too, it would feel like a waste of all the hard work he has done to trade him but I also get that his trade value is probably at a decent point right now

When is the actual trade deadline or is there such a thing?

Top Dog wrote: »
    When is the actual trade deadline or is there such a thing?

3pm Eastern on March 25th

Really ? Haven’t heard anything about that, it would surprise me to be honest considering how Oubre has come through the other end of a tough start to his Warriors career, he really has shown great character and basketball ability to adapt to the Warriors system and I think will be a key part in the future
    He will cost the Warriors a dent chunk of change but Iam sure olidipo would too, it would feel like a waste of all the hard work he has done to trade him but I also get that his trade value is probably at a decent point right now

Been doing the rounds for a while, and not just a rental, apparently they want him long term. That said, hadn’t heard Oubre as a piece, but did fear Wiggins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,210 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lakers renew Jones on a fresh 10 day deal to provide depth at Center.

That should tide them over until Drummond gets bought out I'd say.

I wasn’t impressed with the signing of Gasol and felt it would be a step back from McGee / Howard but you know if you dig inside the numbers he’s been in the same range defensively. The eye test confuses people - he looks unathletic and he gets mashed on the pick and roll but he actually defends well overall. The big issue is he’s completely lost any confidence at the other end. Refuses to take wide open looks at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Embiid out for a couple of weeks ..does it hurt his MVP chances?...

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I wasn’t impressed with the signing of Gasol and felt it would be a step back from McGee / Howard but you know if you dig inside the numbers he’s been in the same range defensively. The eye test confuses people - he looks unathletic and he gets mashed on the pick and roll but he actually defends well overall. The big issue is he’s completely lost any confidence at the other end. Refuses to take wide open looks at times.

Doesn’t take away from fact that they miss an athletic big (Howard) though I’ve no doubt that Davis upon his return will lift them in that regard.

I don’t think Gasol is as bad as some make out but he’s so pedestrian at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

buyer95 wrote: »
    The Knicks are building something with Thibs. They still lack talent, but he has them playing that never say die, constant hustle style that grinds out wins. RJ Barret could really be something if he could get that shot together, and Mitchell Robinson is another interesting piece with huge upside. I've never been a big Randle fan, but he is a great scorer and the Knicks need that. He's actually been much improved as a passer this year. They may well sniff the play in tournament, but just lack that bit of offense.
    Quickley is looking like a huge steal at 25 though, I've really enjoyed watching him.

Denis Smith Jr on the other hand looks like a complete disaster. To think he was the crucial piece in that Porzingis deal...

Crystal ball gazing went well there haha. You have to feel for Knicks fans, 20 years of absolute dirge (save for that 50 win season with Melo, Chandler, Kidd, Sheed etc) and now finally a team to be proud of. They are playing their hearts out every night, the Garden would be insane right now in normal times.

I’ve long said Perkins is absolutely atrocious as a pundit/analyst but his take on Curry joining the Lakers has to be the biggest “I’ll just say anything for headlines” comment yet. He’s a clown.

Well if you’re giving it oxygen!
    Curry isn’t going anywhere - he’ll play out his last few years ala Kobe at the Lakers.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well if you’re giving it oxygen!
    Curry isn’t going anywhere - he’ll play out his last few years ala Kobe at the Lakers.

I don’t seek him out, it popped up in my feed!

I’ve long said Perkins is absolutely atrocious as a pundit/analyst but his take on Curry joining the Lakers has to be the biggest “I’ll just say anything for headlines” comment yet. He’s a clown.

Butter, he’s an absolute idiot. He must be like the Eamon Dunphy of US tv.

• Advertisement

Yea, I think we both discussed him a while back, it’s scary how bad he is, even towards the end of his career he was a bit of a clown on the court (or sideline)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement