Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Slattsy wrote: »
    Does anyone have any strong opinions on the Ryanair?

I was on Allaho last year for the RSA (20/1 ap and he went off 5/2) oh what bet that would have been.. :mad:

After the race i thought they'd definitely bring him back in distance; he tanked through the race, did too much and just didnt last home.

He's a best price 10/1 and again i can see him going off a lot shorter on the day if he does indeed go this route. I suppose the risk is they try him back over further but i cant see it.

Needs to be Ryanair for me also, Willie recently said he is warming to the back in trip idea so thats the plan i think. He has Min, Allaho and Melon as options for that for separate owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

The Ryanair has surpassed the Stayers for me as the main race on the Thursday
    Allaho and Faugheen are my AP bets but I will be very interested to see what plans has for Defi now. This could be his ideal trip, if they sort him out.
    You also have to seriously consider Cyrname, Frodon, Champ and maybe even Samcro again
    And of course Min, but until we see him out its hard to know what way the year will go for him. At the moment, I am on Allaho with a sentimental bet on Faugheen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

General question; my guess is a lot of trainers will want to avoid Envoi Allen in the Marsh. So, what price is EV likely to go off on the day if he make it there fit and well?

I'll say 4/6 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

The Ryanair has surpassed the Stayers for me as the main race on the Thursday
    Allaho and Faugheen are my AP bets but I will be very interested to see what plans has for Defi now. This could be his ideal trip, if they sort him out.
    You also have to seriously consider Cyrname, Frodon, Champ and maybe even Samcro again
    And of course Min, but until we see him out its hard to know what way the year will go for him. At the moment, I am on Allaho with a sentimental bet on Faugheen

Paul Nicholls mentioned the Gold Cup for Cyrname in his stable tour yesterday, as unbelievable as that sounds.
    Henderson said Champ for the Gold Cup also.

Paul Nicholls mentioned the Gold Cup for Cyrname in his stable tour yesterday, as unbelievable as that sounds.
    Henderson said Champ for the Gold Cup also.

Willie said Vautour was running in the GC the bollix!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Stable tours are garbage. Most of what is said is to appease owners. It's purpose in life is to sell advertising on the day of the publication and boost sales at certain times of the year for the Racing Post.

Owners are all big egos and the last thing they want to be reading is that their 50 k investment for the year is not capable of winning a Gold Cup.

Cyrname will not be winning a Gold Cup. I said it first. He won't even beat Frodon up the hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Does anyone have any strong opinions on the Ryanair?

I was on Allaho last year for the RSA (20/1 ap and he went off 5/2) oh what bet that would have been.. :mad:

After the race i thought they'd definitely bring him back in distance; he tanked through the race, did too much and just didnt last home.

He's a best price 10/1 and again i can see him going off a lot shorter on the day if he does indeed go this route. I suppose the risk is they try him back over further but i cant see it.

For me its the least attractive of all races from an AP perspective with so much doubt about practically every horse in the betting and where they might actually run. Gun to my head I would probably go with Min, simply because he is the most likely of those at the head of the market to run and he is a pretty solid e/w poke.

You would imagine that one of the Nicholls horses has to end up here if they all get to the festival, again if I was to bet which one I would suggest Frodon but like everything else with the Ryanair, pure guesswork and thats why its a NRNB race for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Really like Allaho for this but I also have Defi who I'm willing to give one more go.

Clan Des Obeaux is one I'll keep my eye on although his price is horrible. After last year they said he'd never go to Cheltenham again but I think they meant that for the Gold Cup rather than any other race. If he does poorly in the King George it may be option, especially if Cyrname does very well.

I love Samcro and stood with him last year and he made me very happy in the Marsh but it is impossible to back at current price. Battleoverdoyen knocked me for 6 seeing some pace out of him that day in Down Royal. He's such a frustrating horse, he looks a boat most of the time but every now and again he shows a good turn of foot.

However are we all just over thinking it by not going for Min? I'd have fears they might revert him to the CC one last time if Chacun doesn't hold out the season. He has his Cheltenham win, and the CC has alluded Ricci, he'll be desperate if Chacun gets injured.

I see Monkfish has shortened for the RSA. Did I miss something? Maybe it was Latest Exhibition losing the other day..

• Advertisement

That's odd, especially seeing as The Big Breakaway came in as well.

Monkfish for the RSA makes a tonne of sense tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

nicky reports that shiskin is alive and well , and PP duly clip him to 11/4 from 3/1

akelly02 wrote: »
    nicky reports that shiskin is alive and well , and PP duly clip him to 11/4 from 3/1

And 5/2 from 7/2 with Bet365. If he hoses up next week he'll go off odds on :eek:

And 5/2 from 7/2 with Bet365. If he hoses up next week he'll go off odds on :eek:

hopefully, he is in my life changing treble at 3s

hopefully, he is in my life changing treble at 3s

you just need the other two to win :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Heard a rumour that monkfish will be aimed at the NH chase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

I'm not giving up on Latest Exhibition just yet and have gone in again at 16s. I thought he jumped superbly on Sunday but maybe the ground went against him. I also think he needs the full 3m which he'll get in the RSA.
    A lot can happen between now and March

The Mig wrote: »

Who told you, Patrick? 😂

I'd say he's too good for it truth be told.

They must be confident that Mick Fitz is confident he will win.:p

I say keep the powder dry till the off. There are a lot of fences to be jumped between now and March.

Mount Leinster wins the Arkle anyway.

• Advertisement

you just need the other two to win :pac:

Epatante and altior ,

Pays 8 grand ðŸ˜

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    They must be confident that Mick Fitz is confident he will win.:p

I say keep the powder dry till the off. There are a lot of fences to be jumped between now and March.

Mount Leinster wins the Arkle anyway.

I doubt he even runs in the arkle , I'd peg him into the grand annual

I doubt he even runs in the arkle , I'd peg him into the grand annual

He is my Hail Mary AP for the Arkle anyway.

Lets see what turns up, he hasn't jumped a fence in anger yet ( neither has Shiskin btw ).

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

Please don't gamble. these threads are set up by gambling companies

I'd say he's too good for it truth be told.

Defo is too good. Literally made up the rumour myself

ste551 wrote: »
    Please don't gamble. these threads are set up by gambling companies

Woah, we got a wild one in here.

Which one is sponsoring this smorgasbord of degenerates do ya reckon ?

Defo is too good. Literally made up the rumour myself

Thought you might be scaremongering alright cos you missed the prices haha

Ah I’m firmly on the latest exhibition bandwagon myself Slatts. Will back him before he wins that 3 mile grade 1 at Leop over Xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

gazza1 wrote: »
    I'm not giving up on Latest Exhibition just yet and have gone in again at 16s. I thought he jumped superbly on Sunday but maybe the ground went against him. I also think he needs the full 3m which he'll get in the RSA.
    A lot can happen between now and March

Said as much on the Sunday thread. Ate up lengths going over the fences, stuck in the mud in between them. Can't wait for the RSA.

Epatante and altior ,

Pays 8 grand ðŸ˜

Really hope it works for u AK
    . Couldn't have Altior

• Advertisement

If Mount Leinster wins the Arkle I will bare my arse in Brown Thomas window in Limerick with a big "Kick Me" sign

If Mount Leinster wins the Arkle I will bare my arse in Brown Thomas window in Limerick with a big "Kick Me" sign

Don't do it Ramjet.

Limerick deserves better than that.

Mooning in public is technically illegal, be careful out there, you don't want your arse catching the corona virus.

Epatante and altior ,

Pays 8 grand ðŸ˜

OK, I just looked at the champion chase market.. And.... I take it back AK!
    7/1 for Altior!! Flippin eck....
    Your big bet looks good. CC market not too strong. Lad, if they all get there..... Game on!

OK, I just looked at the champion chase market.. And.... I take it back AK!
    7/1 for Altior!! Flippin eck....
    Your big bet looks good. CC market not too strong. Lad, if they all get there..... Game on!

i got 8/1

prepare for that to be cut into 7/2 fav when he wins the tingle creek!!

ahh these antepost bets seem so good in your head, its the hope that kills ya !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Got a bit giddy today and done a yankee (small fourfold too on top of that)...

Sire Du Berlais in the Stayers 8/1
    Tower Bridge in the Pertemps 16/1
    Envoi Allen in the Marsh 2/1
    Saint Roi in the Champion Hurdle 8/1

New addition, Pertemps.

Tower Bridge at 25s pre qualifier and again today post qualifier at 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Road To Cheltenham - Series 2, Episode 1 - Racing TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvLamP3WBoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Backed Stattler for the Albert Bartlett at 50s. Likeable horse who will stay all day. Bit of slop at Cheltenham could see him go well.

Main Fact looked impressive and I'm willing to add him at 25/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Coneygree wrote: »
    Main Fact looked impressive and I'm willing to add him at 25/1.

Won't ever get his ground at the festival? Can't have it soft enough.

Backing Minella Indo every week with the free bets on PP
    Absolute monster

lemush wrote: »
    Won't ever get his ground at the festival? Can't have it soft enough.

True but the race looks awful and if we've another wet festival by Thursday the hill will be sludge.

Has altior much to be scared of with notebook lads ?

I was impressed!

Might give altior a nice tow to the last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

Put The Kettle On has to be value for the Champion Chase at 8/1 in a race where there are question marks over most of the leading players. The 7lb mares allowance gives her a great chance and she loves Cheltenham. Henry De Bromhead has already sent out two Champion Chase winners so he knows exactly what it takes to have her ready for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Will we have any crowds at all at the festival lads do we reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Has altior much to be scared of with notebook lads ?

I was impressed!

Might give altior a nice tow to the last :D

I'm waiting for NRNB to back Notebook. Think he has a massive chance but worried they may bypass the race given his record around Cheltenham. Personally think his lacklustre run in the Arkle had to do with his busy campaign beforehand. One more run around Christmas and then freshen him for the CC might be the plan. At least i hope so. GL

Andrew00 wrote: »

I think most people have too much optimism that vaccines will be ready for December/January. I'd think it'll be April/May at the earliest and with the huge spike expected after Christmas and New Year's I'd say it'll be definitely extremely limited crowds at best, most likely no crowds. Hence why I backed Notebook early! One more run at Christmas and put him away until March, with the sounds of Cheltenham playing in his ears just in case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Andrew00 wrote: »

Owners and maybe a few after that but nothing much. End of Q2 early Q3 maybe getting back to a semblence of normality. Right now I'll take that

Looking very promising for crowds at festival now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

i got 8/1

prepare for that to be cut into 7/2 fav when he wins the tingle creek!!

ahh these antepost bets seem so good in your head, its the hope that kills ya !

If any of the three you have in that treble don't make it to Cheltenham, does the bet become a double? Or is it classed as a losing bet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement