Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeper league

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Thank you! Gerrit Cole, DeGrom and Ryu really pulled it out during both weeks of the playoffs to sneak in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Doogs27

Congrats el capitan. Enjoyed this year again. Was flying up until the last few weeks. Its hard to try and peak for the final.

Good job everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Thank you! Gerrit Cole, DeGrom and Ryu really pulled it out during both weeks of the playoffs to sneak in there.
    Yea well done on the win! Those guys have been awesome all season and I couldn't find a way to overcome them in the semi.

Was happy enough with my season and will have some tough decisions on who to keep next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭boccy23

Is this starting back any time soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

If and when it is I am in!

As usual, I am happy with the scoring settings.

But I want to propose 2 rule changes.

1. Keepers are set at 4 max, rather than 6. The draft is my favourite part. 4 keepers gives bad teams a better re-building chance. (I've asked for this before). I dont mind doing this NEXT year to give people time to plan accordingly. its a big change.

2. 6 teams go to play offs. 2 best get a bye to semi final and 3-6 play a play-in. Our ice hockey league does this and has kept the league hugely competitive and engaged.

These are just proposals btw.

1. Keepers are set at 4 max, rather than 6. The draft is my favourite part. 4 keepers gives bad teams a better re-building chance. (I've asked for this before). I dont mind doing this NEXT year to give people time to plan accordingly. its a big change.

2. 6 teams go to play offs. 2 best get a bye to semi final and 3-6 play a play-in. Our ice hockey league does this and has kept the league hugely competitive and engaged.

I would be in favour of both of these.

I'm in again this year. Both of those proposals sound good to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yeah let's reduce keepers. There's no trading happening in the league so it'd be good to shake up the rosters a bit. I think last year I even suggested a full reset this year and draft from scratch being 10 years into the league but that's probably a bit extreme!

Like the playoff idea too

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

I'll renew the league right now. I checked last week and I couldn't do it but it's there now. Everyone will get the invite. Anyone who isn't rejoining please let me know.

I've no issue with those two changes - happy with that if everyone else is. I thought the league was really competitive last year all the way up to the end but I was trying to make the playoffs so perhaps I was biased!

I was thinking of ways to get a few more trades going. If I can do it would trading draft picks be of interest? I think the option exists.

Thanks for renewing it.

Do we do a poll? I am ok with a reduction. How many keepers?

We do a 1 keeper in Football which puts more emphasis on the draft, trading and free agency.

Would people consider 2 keepers?

This would make the trading of picks more valuable but I'm not sure how easy it would be to manage within the game.

Have we an idea of when we will draft?

• Advertisement

Count me in aswell. I like the idea of extended playoffs, what options are available?

As for keepers, I think we did a poll a few seasons ago and the consensus was not to change but we can poll again and see. If we do reduce I'm thinking 4 is a big enough reduction from 6 to start.

"The 2020 Major League Baseball season is scheduled to begin on March 26 and end on September 27. "

I am off to Japan on the 25th so prior to 25th of March would suit me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

If there’s any drop outs or any spare room I’d gladly join in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 lankythecamel

Count me in,I like the Idea of extended play offs

The Squirrels need a new owner- Ian unfortunately can't commit this season.

If anyone else wants to join it's first up - gstack66 if you want to pm me your email I'll send you an invite?

Gstack has taken up the invite so we're all currently full!

It's the doodle-poll-for-the-draft-time-of-year again. The link is here. https://doodle.com/poll/7vatiy3nrfh832hb
    I've popped three one hour slots between Sunday 15th March and Sunday 22nd. Let me know what times suit and we'll go with the one with the most votes.

No comments on the draft pick trading so I won't tick that box. Could be a bit complicated anyway.....

Once we have a date I'll sort out the keeper arrangements.

Voted there!

https://doodle.com/poll/7vatiy3nrfh832hb

Bump for anyone that has forgotten so far!

Evenin' all,

Long post here!

Draft is set for Wednesday March 18th at 9 pm. We appear to have everyone available so that's good.

Keeper deadline is set for Sunday 15th for 7 am in the morning.

You can keep up to 4 players. You can choose zero,1,2 or 3 keepers as well if you wish and if you do you'll get the picks in the draft slots your keepers would have been in.

If you want to keep any of your two NA players let me know and I'll slot them into the last slots.

I've also re-set so there's six in the playoffs which will be the last three weeks of the season.

As usual I'll set the draft order (reverse from last year's positions) on the night before and hopefully let everyone know who's been kept.

Best of luck with the research and the mock drafts!

Evenin' all,

Long post here!

Draft is set for Wednesday March 18th at 9 pm. We appear to have everyone available so that's good.

Keeper deadline is set for Sunday 15th for 7 am in the morning.

You can keep up to 4 players. You can choose zero,1,2 or 3 keepers as well if you wish and if you do you'll get the picks in the draft slots your keepers would have been in.

If you want to keep any of your two NA players let me know and I'll slot them into the last slots.

I've also re-set so there's six in the playoffs which will be the last three weeks of the season.

As usual I'll set the draft order (reverse from last year's positions) on the night before and hopefully let everyone know who's been kept.

Best of luck with the research and the mock drafts!

Hey - lads completely forgot to set my keepers.
    Can I submit them today?
    Last few days has me all off kilter

• Advertisement

Are we not going to delay it? Start of the season may be months off.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Are we not going to delay it? Start of the season may be months off.

We really should. Also missed the keeper deadline - hadn't been thinking of this at all

No problems pushing it out!
    Just hadn’t heard otherwise so went with original plan!

There's no mention of delays in the draft arrangements on the website.

I can push it back if you want and reset the keeper deadline or we can just plough on. I'm easy either way.

i can update any keepers before Wednesday if anyone wants to send them to me.

There's no mention of delays in the draft arrangements on the website.

I can push it back if you want and reset the keeper deadline or we can just plough on. I'm easy either way.

i can update any keepers before Wednesday if anyone wants to send them to me.
    It might be a good idea to delay the draft from our side. Who knows when the season will start and I think people have more important things to deal with at the moment. Once we have a date we can always arrange something.

Talking on ESPN of a mid May opening day

• Advertisement

I've moved the keeper deadline and the draft date to the end of March.

Yahoo have put up a note tonight saying they're making changes to accommodate the delay.

Mind yourselves everyone.

Hello all,

I hope ye're all hanging in there and you're all healthy. I'm personally beginning to feel the effects of entering the third week of staying-at-home....

I know this isn't the biggest issue around but I've pushed back the keeper deadline to the 27th of April and the draft date to 30th April at 9.30.

Mind yourselves.....

Hello fellow would be fantasy baseball players.

I hope you're all ok and staying safe wherever you all are.

The keeper deadline and the draft were due to be tomorrow and during the week. For obvious reasons I've moved them on to the 22nd and 26th May. We'll probably know at that point what the story is likely to be.

If anyone knows a fantasy baseball like game that we could play let me know. I'd appreciate the diversion!

I hope all are staying safe. Various deadlines are extended to mid June.

I haven't been following it lately but there doesn't seem to be much sign of them starting the season.

Sure we'll keep an eye on it...

Hi all,

Anyone up for some fantasy baseball????

MLB currently due to start up 23rd July so I've moved the keepers to the 18th and the draft to the 21st.

I have no idea how this might work. 4 day matches in head to head so we get to playoffs?

• Advertisement

Yea, I'm still in.

Looking at how they have set up the game weeks in the game, it looks like 11 weeks up to 27/9 so I guess everyone can play each other once and then 2 weeks for the playoffs.

I’m in.
    Looking forward to having baseball back, finally.

Count me in.

I'm in but can't see it being played out!

Yeah I see Tommy Pham has been diagnosed now. I’d say they’ll be lucky to get the NBA playoffs done let alone baseball

Still in. Looking forward to it

I’m in

In our NHL league one year, 2012/13 maybe .. something happened, I can’t remember what exactly and we needed to have a shortened season. So we switched to Roto for that year only.

I was listening to Fantasy Focus on Monday and they were saying something similar.
    As it such a strange year, why not try something different just for this year and revert back next year when it is (hopefully) back to normal.
    Maybe a Roto would be a good idea.

boccy23 wrote: »
    I was listening to Fantasy Focus on Monday and they were saying something similar.
    As it such a strange year, why not try something different just for this year and revert back next year when it is (hopefully) back to normal.
    Maybe a Roto would be a good idea.

Yep I agree, Roto is probably fairer given the reduced schedule. Let's do it

Might be the easiest.
    Also don’t mind freezing the keepers to next year and just doing an open re-draft for one year only.

• Advertisement

Might be the easiest.
    Also don’t mind freezing the keepers to next year and just doing an open re-draft for one year only.

Didn't consider that, might also be necessary if some of the keeper-calibre players opt out

I'm happy to do any option. A few players have opted out but I don't see too many that will influence our league.

Can teams pop their preferences on here? The league is currently set up to play seven games and then two weeks of playoffs in Head to Head.

If ye want to stick with the current arrangements the keeper deadline is currently Saturday. If you want to change it I can save the current rosters for next season.

Votes please! 1. H2H with keepers or 2. Open draft and roto

Open draft and Roto for me but fine with either too

Open draft with roto for me too just for this year.

yes for open draft and roto

Open Draft+Roto

Open Draft & Roto

For this year only, I agree with the Open draft & Roto.

Reset next years with same keepers.

Draft now set for this Monday 20th @ 9.30. Hopefully that suits everyone. Standard 5x5 Roto/ no trade deadline/same player settings as last year/ 3 IL spots (I've added one from last year)

Snaking Draft order is:
    1. JPF
    2. Drakes
    3. Badgers
    4. Dodgers
    5. Titans
    6. Rebel Sox
    7. Kings
    8. Fireballers
    9. Zephyrs
    10. El Capitan

• Advertisement

Just a reminder - draft is TONIGHT at 9.30....

Advertisement