Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭boccy23

Well, made the playoffs. Happy just to be in to be honest. Up against Henry and his strength of Trout, Fister, Altuve etc. etc.

Not getting my hopes up.

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Back to the drawing board for me next year. Terrible season! Best of luck to everyone in the playoffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

boccy23 wrote: »
    Well, made the playoffs. Happy just to be in to be honest. Up against Henry and his strength of Trout, Fister, Altuve etc. etc.

Not getting my hopes up.

Best of luck to all.
    My strength this year is probably down to the draft. Picking up guys like Altuve and Cueto with picks 102 and 122 and have them perform like first round picks is not something I expected even if I thought they were great picks at those spots.

We have a win a piece in the matchups so anything can happen. Best of luck in the matchup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Very tight semis at the mo, 5-5 in both. Anyone know what would happen if one or both of the matchups finished even? Is there a tie-break?

fisgon wrote: »
    Very tight semis at the mo, 5-5 in both. Anyone know what would happen if one or both of the matchups finished even? Is there a tie-break?
    Looking at the league settings the tiebreak looks to be as follows...
    Head-to-Head (best win-loss-tie percentage in regular season games between the teams)

Great to have close matchups! :) In my matchup most cats could go either way over the weekend :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

Both semi's are 5-5.

I thought I had most hitting categories sown up but last night didn't quite go to plan! Lester and Kershaw delivered as they should for homer's last night

Could go either way but enjoyable either way!

I'm doing better in pitching and you have batting sorted. A win or a home run will probably decide it today or tomorrow.

Wow, just Wow!!
    I actually feel a nit embarrassed this morning.
    I was trailing Henry 4-7 yesterday morning but had small margins to make up in K's and Wins. So I loaded up starting pitchers to ensure the K's and hopefully get a win or two.
    I ended up with 5 starting pitchers going for me. They gave me 3 wins and 29 K's. I also got 2 saves and 4 K's from RPs.
    So finishing all of the day games, it was tied 6-6 and I was 1 HR behind Henry with Jay Bruce (and his -1.4 WAR rating for 2014) and only hoping for a home run to win 6-5. We were tied at 1-1 on the season so I presumed that having won the regular season that Henry would advance.
    So woke up this morning and Bruce hit 2 HRs and I win 7-5. Wow!
    As I say, I feel a little bad for Henry. But I'll just pick myself up and go into this weeks final against Homer. With Kershaw, Lester, et al, winning pitching will be a lot more difficult. Hopefully, the offense will do something as my pitching has carried me for the last 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Well done Boccy. You've finished really strongly.
    Looks like my finsih in another league is very similar, where I relied on a HR by Todd Frazier in the same game in the 6th inning to tie up some runs and move me ahead one in RBIs.
    It moved from 5-6 to 6-5!

QUESTION!!
    In that other league its a redraft non keeper.
    Can you drop an undroppbale pitcher when he has no more scheduled starts in yahoo?

Wow, just Wow!!
    I actually feel a nit embarrassed this morning.
    I was trailing Henry 4-7 yesterday morning but had small margins to make up in K's and Wins. So I loaded up starting pitchers to ensure the K's and hopefully get a win or two.
    I ended up with 5 starting pitchers going for me. They gave me 3 wins and 29 K's. I also got 2 saves and 4 K's from RPs.
    So finishing all of the day games, it was tied 6-6 and I was 1 HR behind Henry with Jay Bruce (and his -1.4 WAR rating for 2014) and only hoping for a home run to win 6-5. We were tied at 1-1 on the season so I presumed that having won the regular season that Henry would advance.
    So woke up this morning and Bruce hit 2 HRs and I win 7-5. Wow!
    As I say, I feel a little bad for Henry. But I'll just pick myself up and go into this weeks final against Homer. With Kershaw, Lester, et al, winning pitching will be a lot more difficult. Hopefully, the offense will do something as my pitching has carried me for the last 3-4 weeks.
    Damn you Jay Bruce, damn it, damn you :) ...of all the nights for your bat to wake up :)

Seriously though congrats on the win. Yes it was a tough way to lose but your starting pitching was just too good with McHugh, King Felix, but especially deGrom and those 23Ks. Going into Sunday, I kinda figured you would pass me out on Ks, I just couldn't find the pitchers on the WW with decent K/9 potential over the weekend to get close. After that it was down to HRs and Wins. Your guys pitched well on Sunday and secured you wins. Going into that final game I had the season tiebreaker so just needed to hold HRs, Jay Bruce thought otherwise...

Good luck in the final!

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    Damn you Jay Bruce, damn it, damn you :) ...of all the nights for your bat to wake up :)

Seriously though congrats on the win. Yes it was a tough way to lose but your starting pitching was just too good with McHugh, King Felix, but especially deGrom and those 23Ks. Going into Sunday, I kinda figured you would pass me out on Ks, I just couldn't find the pitchers on the WW with decent K/9 potential over the weekend to get close. After that it was down to HRs and Wins. Your guys pitched well on Sunday and secured you wins. Going into that final game I had the season tiebreaker so just needed to hold HRs, Jay Bruce thought otherwise...

Good luck in the final!
    Cheers. Much appreciated. Well done on the season win. And with that roster, I know you'll be back next year stronger than ever. Trouble with you roster is picking keepers.

Cheers. Much appreciated. Well done on the season win. And with that roster, I know you'll be back next year stronger than ever. Trouble with you roster is picking keepers.
    Yes, picking keepers is always tough, I still regret letting Puig go! Maybe we can go back to 6 for next season but thats a discussion for another day :)

Yes, picking keepers is always tough, I still regret letting Puig go! Maybe we can go back to 6 for next season but thats a discussion for another day :)

I'd be in favour of that

Similar to Boccy I think I am lucky to be in the final again, I really just limped into the playoffs. Somehow my batters starting hitting in the last few days and got me through, with a chance to defend my title. I think it was Mark Trumbo on the Sunday that made the difference, I just picked him up three days before.

Looking forward to the final, should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

fisgon wrote: »
    Similar to Boccy I think I am lucky to be in the final again, I really just limped into the playoffs. Somehow my batters starting hitting in the last few days and got me through, with a chance to defend my title. I think it was Mark Trumbo on the Sunday that made the difference, I just picked him up three days before.

Looking forward to the final, should be interesting.

No problem with Trumbo..I knew he was done for the year.. :(

Another week of tight matches 6-5 and 6-6 in the championship bracket :)

My pitching is carrying my team this week. 60 innings pitched and an ERA under 1.00 is probably the best I've had at this stage of the week this season.

Like last week plenty to play for over the weekend :)

Really tight in the Championship game and the consolation as well. Couple of swings of a bat in both games.

Henry, your pitching has been awesome. Jordan Zimmermann is finishing a complete game shut out to finish a good week for me pitching wise but it's having no effect at all.

Really tight in the Championship game and the consolation as well. Couple of swings of a bat in both games.

Henry, your pitching has been awesome. Jordan Zimmermann is finishing a complete game shut out to finish a good week for me pitching wise but it's having no effect at all.
    Yes its been good, but a timely no-hitter has swung WHIP in your direction :)

I have some bats playing out West so it will probably come down to the last game again :)

Very happy to win this league on fourth attempt. Even if it was on a count back after finishing 6-6. I was actually winning Ks until the Dodgers sent in Kenley Jansen at the end of a meaningless 10-5 win. Thought it was going to cost me. Bit weird tonight not checking Baseball Lineups to ensure nobody is sitting on the bench.

Very happy to win this league on fourth attempt. Even if it was on a count back after finishing 6-6. I was actually winning Ks until the Dodgers sent in Kenley Jansen at the end of a meaningless 10-5 win. Thought it was going to cost me. Bit weird tonight not checking Baseball Lineups to ensure nobody is sitting on the bench.

Congrats Boccy, it was a close one. I thought last year's final was close, but to lose on countback is tough. It was that 11-1 win you had against me in the reg season that won it for you.

Tbh, I didn't deserve to win this league this year anyway, my reg season was pretty poor, after the first few weeks. Still, happy to get so close.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

After what seems long a very long time it's fantasy baseball time again!
    I just sent a reminder to all last year's managers. Let me know if you're back in.

Cheers

Hi all,

I just sent a reminder to all last year's managers. Let me know if you're back in.

Cheers

In!

Hi all,

Cheers
    Yes too long! Just rejoined :)

Okay so lets say in the upcoming season, I draft or pick up 2 players that are NA and are in the NA spots at the end of the season. If they are still NA come the draft next will we set the league to have 7 keepers, 5 for regular keepers but 2 of which have to be players are NA. If so I think these NA picks should be placed at the back end of the draft. We need to decide this before the draft as it may have an impact on this draft.

Trying to go back to last year's posts about allowing 5 keepers + 2 NA

My understanding on what was agreed is that we have 5 keepers (and there was a desire to move to 6) from our active rosters at the end of 2014, plus any 2 Not Active players on our roster can also be kept....is this correct?

And if we keep our NA players, we lose a late-round pick as above - seems fair.

So the question is if we stay with 5 + 2? Or as was suggested mid-season, can we go back to 6 keepers? In which case maybe we only keep 1 NA? So 6 + 1?

Thoughts...

Lads,
    We appear to have two spots free. I knew BigBadRob was probably not coming back but RebelSox hasn't renewed yet. I'll give it another few days and see if they want to join again. If anyone would like to reserve a spot in the meantime please let me know.

My memory of last year was that Yahoo didn't allow us to separate NA from any other players so there was no way to arrange it that way. I had a look at Yahoo earlier but i'm none the wiser. I'll do a bit of proper research and get back to all.

Last year we set up a survey to finalise the draft. Would somebody point me in the right direction so I can set one up? I'm thinking of the third week in March.

Lads,
    We appear to have two spots free. I knew BigBadRob was probably not coming back but RebelSox hasn't renewed yet. I'll give it another few days and see if they want to join again. If anyone would like to reserve a spot in the meantime please let me know.

My memory of last year was that Yahoo didn't allow us to separate NA from any other players so there was no way to arrange it that way. I had a look at Yahoo earlier but i'm none the wiser. I'll do a bit of proper research and get back to all.

Last year we set up a survey to finalise the draft. Would somebody point me in the right direction so I can set one up? I'm thinking of the third week in March.

I might have an extra player or two if needed but can keep it open for a while. Also happy to work out the NA stuff manually if it means emailing NA picks and extending the keepers for NA players with a change in the draft order in the later rounds for those who don't keep NA players. Sacrificed a handful of good players at the end of the season in order to get NA players on the roster so very eager to have that rule sorted before the draft

8-10 wrote: »
    I might have an extra player or two if needed but can keep it open for a while. Also happy to work out the NA stuff manually if it means emailing NA picks and extending the keepers for NA players with a change in the draft order in the later rounds for those who don't keep NA players. Sacrificed a handful of good players at the end of the season in order to get NA players on the roster so very eager to have that rule sorted before the draft
    How many NA players would we be talking about? I think I only have one NA guy who I probably wont keep but I'm happy to try and work something out. I'd prefer to increase the number of keepers myself :-)

Speaking of NA guys I see the 2 teams yet to re-register have Buxton and Bryant on their rosters...

How many NA players would we be talking about? I think I only have one NA guy who I probably wont keep but I'm happy to try and work something out. I'd prefer to increase the number of keepers myself :-)

Was agreed in the poll last year that we would have 2 NA keepers in addition to 5 regulars.

I'd also be in favour of an increase, back up to 6 keepers I reckon.

8-10 wrote: »
    Was agreed in the poll last year that we would have 2 NA keepers in addition to 5 regulars.

I'd also be in favour of an increase, back up to 6 keepers I reckon.
    I like a return to 6 keepers aswell, last year we needed to dilute the talent pool a bit with new manages taking over some teams. And I think that was successful with new teams making the playoffs and a new winner...

Okay if people have 2 NA players then I guess that is okay, people will either have drafted with that in mind or made pickups late in the season. If they dont then I guess they get 1/2 extra draft picks at the end. Hopefully Yahoo have implemented some feature to allow us manage what are effectively dynasty/farm picks...

• Advertisement

Doodle is good for setting up surveys....
    http://doodle.com/

Fairly self-explanatory, you just have to sign up for an account. Third week in March sounds good, time for me to do a bit of homework....

Advertisement