Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 246 McGregor vs Cerrone Sat Jan 18th (See first post)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Thargor wrote: »
    Can someone give me the odds for a McGregor TKO in the first round right before the fight and say a week ago please? Sorry for being lazy but I'm useless at looking up odds...

Not sure of the exact odds you are looking for but he was 5/6 to win by ko/tko within first 2 rounds and 16/1 to win within first 60 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Haha the ****er called it!

https://twitter.com/Chisanga_Malata/status/1218838825817931779?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I still think it will be Masvidal next if Khabib Tony stays intact.

That fight is April, if Khabib wins he has Ramadan until May 23th and then a full camp. Won’t be ready till around August. Can’t see Conor waiting that long.

Justin isn’t a big enough fight at the moment. I’d love to see it and it’s a great match up stylistically but no way it happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

Masvidal vs McGregor is surely the biggest fight they can put on next.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

McGregor via Submission
    Yeah I remember boards used to be lit up when a McGregor fight was out!!!

Don’t know much about Cerrone but he seemed very laid back/disinterested in lead up to fight....Not particularly hungry...Maybe that is his usual way?? Or maybe he had leg injury?

The guy is a veggie, there nothing going on with that guy bar a heartbeat, he was beat before the fight, happy with feeding off mc gregors fame. Mc gregor prob was in good shape but it was wasted on cowdung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

McGregor via Submission
    Big Ears wrote: »
    A lot of people noting there being less interest in this fight than previous McGregor ones.
    But he was smashed in his last fight and comprehensively beaten, plus this wasn't a title fight.

This win will have done his standing well, another victory over a decent opponent, and then once a big match up is made (Khabib 2, Ferguson, Masvidal) and there'll be a massive fuss all about McGregor again.

You can't lose a big fight and not expect your standing to drop at least a bit !

Who was the decent opponent? Him staying off the liquor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Don’t know much about Cerrone but he seemed very laid back/disinterested in lead up to fight....Not particularly hungry...

You're right about one thing, you don't know much about Cerrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

Infairness cowboy looked done before figjht even started. McGregor looked impressive all the same but nothing tp judge on really given cowboy was so banged up in recent fights and a powerful precision southpaw fighter was bad matchup for him. McGregor will eventually fight Diaz nxt in trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,101 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

4th Highest Gate of all time. Edging out UFC 200.
    1st-3rd are 205 (Alvarez), 229 (Khabib) and 129 (GSP v Shields)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,530 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mellor wrote: »

Thats interesting. Huge gate with a decent ish PPV buyrate. 800k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The Nal wrote: »
    Mellor wrote: »

50,000 odd seater stadium in Toronto

• Registered Users Posts: 17,982 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is the rest of the card worth watching?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The Nal wrote: »

Jesus don't remind me about that fight, pure shiite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

rob316 wrote: »

Skip Holly Holm, the rest was good, much better than the names suggested it would be beforehand. *missed the early prelims*

rob316 wrote: »

I only watched the Holm and Oleinek fights and they were brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,982 ✭✭✭✭rob316

hots wrote: »
    Skip Holly Holm, the rest was good, much better than the names suggested it would be beforehand. *missed the early prelims*

Cheers, AP is usually a good watch anyway

I only watched the Holm and Oleinek fights and they were brutal

ah now, the Oleinek fight was close to fight of the night for me! Thought it was excellent, living up to his name very well. I'm going to search out some of his others off the back of it. Depends what takes your fancy I suppose.

ah now, the Oleinek fight was close to fight of the night for me! Thought it was excellent, living up to his name very well. I'm going to search out some of his others off the back of it. Depends what takes your fancy I suppose.

Really, wow for me it was a never ending squeeze in the first round and he was so gassed in the second he barely made it over the line

Really, wow for me it was a never ending squeeze in the first round and he was so gassed in the second he barely made it over the line

It was like a good Maia fight, super technical and the bit of MMA that I understand least really. I do wish it was him 10 years younger mind because jesus he needed Oxygen after 5 mins :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    Macdarack wrote: »
    The guy is a veggie, there nothing going on with that guy bar a heartbeat, he was beat before the fight, happy with feeding off mc gregors fame. Mc gregor prob was in good shape but it was wasted on cowdung.

Mod: Fighter bashing and tasteless comments towards Cerrone. Don't post that kind of thing again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission
    Helwani Show has a decent line up today discussing mostly 246.

0:29:50 Kevin Lee.
    0:41:18 Bisping.
    0:57:30 Diego.
    1:12:28 Holly.
    1:26:00 Kelleher.
    1:37:00 Dober.
    2:06:50 Ariel on Fix BS.
    2:08:15 Masvidal.
    2:35:50 Audie.
    2:52:10 JK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

He fought Gordon Ryan in one of the more recent Submission Underground fights of you have Fight Pass.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    Closing this down as its served its purpose - all talk can continue in the main McGregor thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement