Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 246 McGregor vs Cerrone Sat Jan 18th (See first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

McGregor via Submission
    Ones things for sure, his fan base in Ireland has collapsed. Judging by the number of posts here tonight.

It'll be interesting who he fights next. I presume it will be more of a challenge than Cowboy gave tonight. Masvidal needs to leave that stupid belt at home. He looked like a gob ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

Dana seems only interested in Conor v khabib 2. Personally I'd much rather see him win another fight or even 2 more before that possibility arises for him. Not sure against who though. He looked explosive tonight in the short duration of the fight. Maybe his future is at 170 for now and wait for khabib to move up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ones things for sure, his fan base in Ireland has collapsed. Judging by the number of posts here tonight.

It'll be interesting who he fights next. I presume it will be more of a challenge than Cowboy gave tonight. Masvidal needs to leave that stupid belt at home. He looked like a gob ****e.

I dunno, lots of random posters turning up asking questions.
    Will we see the same for Khabib v Tony? Doubt it, which is a shame as it’s the more interesting fight.

I reckon the BMF belt could become the 165 title. They’d be insane not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission
    March might be a good time to get that Nate trilogy fight out of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I like the sound of the BMF title becoming the 165 belt and Welterweight moving to 175. I think Mcgregor vs Masvidal for that would outsell the khabib fight. Would also be the perfect division for Mcgregor vs Diaz 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Khabin in Moscow would be awesome at some stage.
    I'd prefer a hotel myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Yeah I remember boards used to be lit up when a McGregor fight was out!!!

Don’t know much about Cerrone but he seemed very laid back/disinterested in lead up to fight....Not particularly hungry...Maybe that is his usual way?? Or maybe he had leg injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Man, this has me cracking up. The head on young Nate

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7NdyMGlxJS/?igshid=8eb21805smn3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Him vs Ferguson is a more money fight than him vs Khabib honestly.

UFC 229 was the biggest selling ppv in MMA history.

Hard to get behind that scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nice easy fight back. If he gets khabib next, he gets destroyed again. No chance he wins anything at 170 either

• Registered Users Posts: 54,726 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Very difficult to assess the performance. Cerrone is not near his peak. Old and worn...

The fight was set up for him to get the win..

Nothing from that fight tells me he is an elite at WW...

155 still best suited for Conor!

Went as I expected. Cerrone's weaknesses just match up too well with Conor's strengths. Everybody knew it. I would have liked a longer fight to see Conor's supposed new stance and improved boxing.

When he was putting Donald away against the cage immediately after the headkick and knee, I thought he threw a few awkward looking shots with his left hand. Throwing them awful hard against skull and with a funny angle in his wrist. You saw it better in the replay. Having broken his hand a couple of times recently i'd be a bit concerned about it. Not saying it's broke but something to keep an eye on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

McGregor via Submission
    Thank god I didn't stay up for that.

Cowboy is some bottler and bum. Gaethje also knocked him out in first round. Some people going on like McGregor knocked out Godzilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

Not as salty as i expected here this morning , still early yet

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭bunderoon

RasTa wrote: »
    Nice easy fight back. If he gets khabib next, he gets destroyed again. No chance he wins anything at 170 either

Dana wants one last PPV payday out of Conor before he discards him. So ensure he gets an easy win in Cowboy (and whoever is next) and then go for the Khabib v Conor 2.

Conor ****e-acting raised the value of the UFC hugely. Job done. No need to pretend that he's some kind of exceptional fighter anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Impressive comeback from McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

bunderoon wrote: »
    Dana wants one last PPV payday out of Conor before he discards him. So ensure he gets an easy win in Cowboy (and whoever is next) and then go for the Khabib v Conor 2.

Conor ****e-acting raised the value of the UFC hugely. Job done. No need to pretend that he's some kind of exceptional fighter anymore.

He is an exceptional fighter. Champion at 2 different weight classes. KOs in 3 different weight classes.

A loss to Khabib is hardly a big deal. Plenty of top MMA fighters have 5 or more losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

A loss to Khabib is hardly a big deal. Plenty of top MMA fighters have 5 or more losses.

A second loss to Khabib is a big deal though. Dana won't let that happen surely.
    And Conor won't want to lose 2 out of his previous 3 fights, and derail his money making opportunities.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He has enough money now, dunno why he was still plugging his whiskey. Unless he wants to go Mayweather wealth

Effects wrote: »
    A second loss to Khabib is a big deal though. Dana won't let that happen surely.
    And Conor won't want to lose 2 out of his previous 3 fights, and derail his money making opportunities.

He’s best avoiding Khabib for now alright. It would be ideal for him if Tony beat Khabib. Not that I think that will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Maybe Conor will redeem himself.

Apart from all the rest of the crap he is an amazing fighter and that was a hell of a display. Fair Play to him.

McGregor via Submission
    Cowboy should retire. He has a young family now and has money in the bank.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Good win.
    Given the opposition something fast and powerful was needed to help with the restoration

• Registered Users Posts: 17,983 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jesus I expected atleast a round from cowboy.

His Nan done better in the clinch with Conor

Conor looked good but I can't read much into that fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Anywhere to watch the main card replay?

McGregor via Submission
    LOL! What a waste of his father's money.

https://twitter.com/ODDSbible/status/1218853646437437440

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don't think his father has anything to do with his wealth acquisition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Good enough for him. He's an awful tool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement