Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 246 McGregor vs Cerrone Sat Jan 18th (See first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Blanco100 wrote: »
    He dropped the humble act fairly swift

And you wouldn't? :D

Well that was fast. Early start for all of here in Asia.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow, just wow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jesus, 40 seconds and Cowboys face looked like he'd been in a rough 5 rounder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You want a tissue.

See you in a few months for the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Damn you Conor up all night for 40 seconds....
    He won it well. Gotta live cowboy though really a cool guy. Would of loved to have seen a full round at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Looked like a beast .

Look at that fool there in the housecoat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

In fairness to him he went to Donald first - albeit to tell him he broke his nose with his shoulder :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Conor looked so calm from the walkout to the opening bell to the finish. Even when he had Cowboy on the ground he was so relaxed. Looked in good nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

If this second act involves regaining a UFC title it will be something else.

In the ridiculously unlikely event he stays at 170 and takes the belt he surely enters the GOAT conversation as the only ever 3 weight champion.

I thought he was finished but my god he has some talent, his left hand is unteachable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Donald was too happy to be slaughtered either way conor would win but he seemed just happy he was there.

Shoulders...haven’t seen that before

Let’s hope he stays on the straight and narrow and doesn’t lose the run of himself

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Really?

First thing he did was go and give Cerrone a hug and then acted decently again towards himself and his grandmother.

He really wasn't all that disrespectful to any other fighter either. Didn't seem him getting in anyones face or getting personal with insults. I think he is allowed to be excited after winning a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

crybaby wrote: »
    Really?

First thing he did was go and give Cerrone a hug and then acted decently again towards himself and his grandmother.

He really wasn't all that disrespectful to any other fighter either. Didn't seem him getting in anyones face or getting personal with insults. I think he is allowed to be excited after winning a fight.

He seemed to have a ton of nervous energy after the fight, understandably. Talking about the new sized bottles cracked me up no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I love Cowboy. I have never seen Cowboy be that wrecked, ever. And he has been in some wars. Fair fcuks to Conor. I don't like him as a person but was always a fan as a fighter. That win sets up so many interesting fights. If Tony wins in April though, there is only one fight to make. Also, like the FW division when he first entered the UFC, the WW division is a murderers row in the top 5. Way it should be too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    Few bans handed out already..cut out the crap folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

McGregor via Submission
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Conor looked so calm from the walkout to the opening bell to the finish. Even when he had Cowboy on the ground he was so relaxed. Looked in good nick.

I thought he looked a lot more tense than usual in the walkout and in the ring before the fight started. Certainly wasn't tense when the bell rang

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

So impressive giving the ring rust

RoryMac wrote: »
    I thought he looked a lot more tense than usual in the walkout and in the ring before the fight started. Certainly wasn't tense when the bell rang
    I agree with this. He also seemed a lot more humble doing his usual jump around the octagon and no "McGregor strut" either. Even his kiss in the middle was aimed at everyone but Cowboy it seemed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Great fight that, absolutely decimated Cerrone and it looks like he took his time to 170 and seemed alot better at weigh ins compared to the Nate fight. It will be interesting to see what he does from here.

Would be interesting to see what he weighed in the octagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Shoulder of death. I’ve seen shoulders used in a clinch against the fence, but never in the middle likevthar. Caught him by surprise.

Loved cowboys level change immediately, stiff eh? But equally loved Conor’s leg splay to stop the take down. Lots to analyse in 40 seconds in fairness. Interesting all together. Can McGregor take the zen thing into the next camp? Would love to see some sort of legacy in the making, like him or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ASOT wrote: »
    Great fight that, absolutely decimated Cerrone and it looks like he took his time to 170 and seemed alot better at weigh ins compared to the Nate fight. It will be interesting to see what he does from here.

Would be interesting to see what he weighed in the octagon.

You reckon less or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

.ak wrote: »
    You reckon less or more?

I'm not sure, could have been slightly over maybe. I don't buy the whole 'He ate a big meal to make 170' stick people had been saying this week.

He looked phenomenal anywyay, few more months hard training and he could have a few good fights at 170.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

McGregor via Submission
    Great year ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

McGregor via Submission
    Id like to see him fight Gaethje next then the winner of khabib fergenson

McGregor via Submission
    Stream for post fight presser ... not live just yet.

macnug wrote: »
    Id like to see him fight Gaethje next then the winner of khabib fergenson
    I think he will wait to see the winner of Khabib Ferguson. Him vs Ferguson is a more money fight than him vs Khabib honestly.

McGregor via Submission
    Post fight stream above is live now ....

Cowboy's grandma was great.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1218780570874007552

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Cerrone was well past it. Dana now pushing the Khabib rematch - suicide for Conor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement