Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Isn't it a remarkable coincidence that so many pro-Trump posters with so few posts are attracted to this thread? For the life of me, I can't understand why.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Trailerr wrote: »
    What difference does it make, he treated the intern appalingly
    That's complete nonsense. I'd use a stronger word, but the forum rules don't allow it. He kept the mic away from her and she tried to grab it off him. I don't blame her, she was doing her job. But the hand-wringing, pearl-clutching outrage against Acosta is pure drivel. And this from a supporter of Trump who thinks body-slamming reporters is fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,980 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

everlast75 wrote: »

That is obviously , very obviously not real.

Its clearly a parody. Someone has paid for that joke ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Trailerr

prawnsambo wrote: »
    That's complete nonsense. I'd use a stronger word, but the forum rules don't allow it. He kept the mic away from her and she tried to grab it off him. I don't blame her, she was doing her job. But the hand-wringing, pearl-clutching outrage against Acosta is pure drivel. And this from a supporter of Trump who thinks body-slamming reporters is fair game.

If every journalist started "keeping the mic" as long as they wanted it would become a farce.

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Your assassination theory is intriguing - are you
    sure you weren't watching The Day of The Jackal instead of the news?

If not, care to elaborate on your sources?

I read it on a differnent forum, but the only link is to Sput nik news so , sorry, no source

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

listermint wrote: »

Not new either, sure I've seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,980 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trumpy-bear/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

I read it on a differnent forum, but the only link is to Sput nik news so , sorry, no source

So what you're saying is, that Trump didn't show because there was a security threat, specifically an assassination attempt, based on some chatter on another forum and a well known Russian Propaganda outlet?

So, it's completely false.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

Gentle reminder of what the OP said:
    3. If you want to talk about the "deep state" or any kind of conspiracy theory, don't do so here. This is a place for fact-based discussion.

• Advertisement

Acosta is a nusiance and any reason to get him out was worth it imo.
    Trump isn't anti-press, he took 68 questions at that particular session, when Acosta put his hands on the intern, a disgrace, surely CNN have someone better

He has literally referred to the press and media as "The enemy of the people" on several occasions.

Literally. Word for word.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The soccer (serious business of course) forum's requirement of a month's membership and 50 posts is great idea.

circadian wrote: »
    He has literally referred to the press and media as "The enemy of the people" on several occasions.

No, he said the agenda driven, wannabe political influencer types like Jim Acosta are the "Enemy of the People"

So what you're saying is, that Trump didn't show because there was a security threat, specifically an assassination attempt, based on some chatter on another forum and a well known Russian Propaganda outlet?

So, it's completely false.

There are multiple attempts to kill macron, mostley foiled, but with all the unknown armed security from hostile countries there , it was a very real possibility.
    Like what happen Andrei Karlov in Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Smells like a John Oliver stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

No he didn't, educate yourself so you dont look like a fool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yes he has: and this is just the Tweet; he has said it at rallies or conferences too, most recently being at the Acosta debacle. He has called the press - that is to say, the non-fawning or non-hagiographical variety - the 'enemy of the people'. This is incontrovertible.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1056879122348195841

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yes he has: and this is just the Tweet; he has said it at rallies or conferences too, most recently being at the Acosta debacle.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1056879122348195841

Facts and proof don't influence a 'cult' unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I can't believe that someone would even try argue that is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Hurrache wrote: »

Unless they were on a wind up, and trying to distract from the fact the Commander in Chief let a bit of rain prevent him from paying respect to his nation's dead troops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,406 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Unless they were on a wind up, and trying to distract from the fact the Commander in Chief let a bit of rain prevent him from paying respect to his nation's dead troops.

To he fair to him if he had gone out and his tan started to run he would have looked like Tigger from Winnie the pooh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

prawnsambo wrote: »
    A number of experts have said that frames were inserted and then it was speeded up after the insertion point to line up with the original, but the slow-down/speed up was done to make Acosta's hand gesture look more violent. So technically she's correct. But as always, the truth is being obfuscated.

Acosta is a nusiance and any reason to get him out was worth it imo.
    Trump isn't anti-press, he took 68 questions at that particular session, when Acosta put his hands on the intern, a disgrace, surely CNN have someone better
    Trump literally praised someone for body slamming a reporter. You are not going to convince anyone that Trump is not anti press.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

If every journalist started "keeping the mic" as long as they wanted it would become a farce.
    Yeah. Because ordinarily they're not a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

declan2693 wrote: »

From February 2017. I'm sure someone can find more of them if you need it.

You do understand that this is from his own Twitter account don't you?

Tweet
    Conversation
    Donald J. Trump
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!
    9:48 PM · Feb 17, 2017 · Twitter for Android
    50.1K Retweets 152.9K Likes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

declan2693 wrote: »

Probably want to use the old google before trying to call others a fool:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hurrache wrote: »

They'll probably pull the usual "He says FAKE NEWS MEDIA, not the media!" then give an example of one time the media got something wrong and try to claim they're lying about Trump so those ones are the enemies of the people, not all the media.

Of course, seeing as how Trump basically refers to all media as Fake News Media unless it's Fox & Friends or his sockpuppets Hannity & Judge Jeanine, trying to draw any distinction between who Trump calls the fake news media and just the media in general is completely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

Up is down, black is white, don't believe the evidence of your eyes and ears, trust the Party, we have always been at war with East Asia.

No, he said the agenda driven, wannabe political influencer types like Jim Acosta are the "Enemy of the People"

That would describe Fox news and most of its hosts in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Water John

So Trailler says; 'There are multiple attempts to kill macron, mostley foiled'.

So Macron is dead, didn't know that.

• Advertisement

Yes, yes he did. Others have already linked to evidence. In what way is my statement false? Please, educate me. I'm all ears.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement