Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,159 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Water John wrote: »
    So Trailler says; 'There are multiple attempts to kill macron, mostley foiled'.

So Macron is dead, didn't know that.
    Drat! Mostly foiled again. :)

Well spotted John. So who's this imposter hangiing out with Mme Macron?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

From February 2017. I'm sure someone can find more of them if you need it.

You do understand that this is from his own Twitter account don't you?

Tweet
    Conversation
    Donald J. Trump
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!
    9:48 PM · Feb 17, 2017 · Twitter for Android
    50.1K Retweets 152.9K Likes

Anyone who argues otherwise is a troll and a moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Trailerr

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yes he has: and this is just the Tweet; he has said it at rallies or conferences too, most recently being at the Acosta debacle. He has called the press - that is to say, the non-fawning or non-hagiographical variety - the 'enemy of the people'. This is incontrovertible.

I beg to differ
    from your posted tweet
    "The Fake News Media, the true Enemy of the People, must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly"

That doesn't mean all media, only bias oe sided agenda driven types like Acosta and prabably 90% of CNN's content.

Not all media at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,151 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trailerr wrote: »
    I beg to differ
    from your posted tweet
    "The Fake News Media, the true Enemy of the People, must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly"

That doesn't mean all media, only bias oe sided agenda driven types like Acosta and prabably 90% of CNN's content.

Not all media at all.

Flat earther logic right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

I beg to differ
    from your posted tweet

Not all media at all.

So who aren't the "Fake News" media in your opinion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh come on, he has listed off different media organisations that he considers 'fake news' and the only one I can say for certain he has not included is Fox.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    That's complete nonsense. I'd use a stronger word, but the forum rules don't allow it. He kept the mic away from her and she tried to grab it off him. I don't blame her, she was doing her job. But the hand-wringing, pearl-clutching outrage against Acosta is pure drivel. And this from a supporter of Trump who thinks body-slamming reporters is fair game.

"I'd use a stronger word, but the forum rules don't allow it."
    use whatever words you like, i won't report you, some of us believe in Free Speech

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I beg to differ
    from your posted tweet

Not all media at all.

I'm sorry and I'm sure it's against the charter but thank you for the genuine laugh out loud moment. There's just no point having a discussion with you if you genuinely believe this.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yes he has: and this is just the Tweet; he has said it at rallies or conferences too, most recently being at the Acosta debacle. He has called the press - that is to say, the non-fawning or non-hagiographical variety - the 'enemy of the people'. This is incontrovertible.

"the non-fawning or non-hagiographical variety"
    Which Press or Media is honest or even 50/50 with President Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

It feels like this "fake news" conversation is had with new posters on a weekly basis. Has any of our pro-military/pro-Trump posters given their take on his performance in France? I'd love to hear their logic on why this wasn't disrespectful because he just didn't understand the importance.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Facts and proof don't influence a 'cult' unfortunately

Does that include the Anti-Trump cult?
    Or just the Pro-Trump "cult"?

To he fair to him if he had gone out and his tan started to run he would have looked like Tigger from Winnie the pooh

It's not a fake tan or fake hair color
    I thought we are not supposed to insult peoplle because of how they look

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's not a fake tan or fake hair color
    I thought we are not supposed to insult peoplle because of how they look

Why is his skin orange?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I beg to differ
    from your posted tweet

Not all media at all.

Haha. Please. So precisely what I said: only news that isn't suitably hagiographical to Trumps administration. To follow your own logic, was Fox News 'the Enemy of the People' for attacking Obama over tan suits and poupon mustard preferences?

If you have to resort to grammatical pedantry, your point becomes more than redundant - just because you personally don't rate CNN. Give enough rope and a man might hang himself; if Trump insists of running his Presidency from Twitter, then this is the end result - increased exposure and criticism.

And it's particularly rich for you to complain about Free Speech, only to then nod and agree that it's OK for a Political Leader to label a media outlet as 'the Enemy of the People'; a demontrably dangerous, vicious thing to do that flies in the face of any notion of Free Speech or Free Press - confirmed by CNN receiving pipe bombs in the mail. In fact it's downright hypocritical.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,159 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

"the non-fawning or non-hagiographical variety"
    Which Press or Media is honest or even 50/50 with President Trump?
    What lies have been said about Trump in the media? There must be loads of examples given his frequent diatribes about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

"I'd use a stronger word, but the forum rules don't allow it."
    use whatever words you like, i won't report you, some of us believe in Free Speech

Not for Jim Acosta, April Ryan or Abby Phillip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

prawnsambo wrote: »
    What lies have been said about Trump in the media? There must be loads of examples given his frequent diatribes about them.

Off the top of my head - #fakenews

- That there was videotape of him describing how he can use his power to grab women by the _____
    - That he won't release his tax returns.
    - That he had affairs and paid women off.
    - That his Son, Son in law and top men in his campaign met with Russian spies.
    - That numerous people he is associated with have links to Russia.
    - That his staff (many who have been sacked) believe that he hasn't a clue.
    - He's racist.
    - He doesn't know the differences between Balkan States and the Baltic States.
    - He doesn't understand Trade.
    - He is not naturally Orange.
    - The 6 time Corporate Bankrupt Mogul has a history of not paying creditors and isn't the business guru people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Why is his skin orange?

His skin isn't orange and that's his natural hair colour. More fake news from the libtard left.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,034 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So if our poster is correct, and DJT didn't attend the memorial because of a security issue, what the **** is his reason for this?

https://twitter.com/PhilipinDC/status/1062011875792162818?s=19

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Unless they were on a wind up, and trying to distract from the fact the Commander in Chief let a bit of rain prevent him from paying respect to his nation's dead troops.

What is more likely?
    Trump was afraid of rain
    Or there was a credible threat to him or more likely Macron?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

everlast75 wrote: »
    So if our poster is correct, and DJT didn't attend the memorial because of a security issue, what the **** is his reason for this?

https://twitter.com/PhilipinDC/status/1062011875792162818?s=19

He probably heard about the Florida recount and is thinking of an appropriate Tweet.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Trump literally praised someone for body slamming a reporter. You are not going to convince anyone that Trump is not anti press.

sorry i don't know about that ,
    du you have a video or some proof
    if it's true all violence has to be condemned in the strongest possible terms

• Registered Users Posts: 19,034 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So the correct answer is "living under a rock" then...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Penn wrote: »
    The line from the White House now is that Trump didn't attend the WWI event on Saturday not because of rain, but so as not to disrupt traffic in Paris.

Well good thing the whole event wasn't planned with all of that in mind and that Trump hadn't flown out to France prior to the event with the intention of attending and then changing his mind, presumably after hearing the French equivalent of AA Roadwatch Traffic Update (in French) before deciding it'd be best to stay in.

How did everyone else cope with traffic? Did they have the same problem too or did this problem somehow only effect poor old Donald?

It seems an ego driven way of saying, if I want, so many more people would want to go and because I'm so important, it would create a lot of traffic, so I was doing everyone a favour by not going.

It's all about himself and even on a weekend like this, he still considers himself far more important than the sacrifices that many people made.

Penn wrote: »
    They'll probably pull the usual "He says FAKE NEWS MEDIA, not the media!" then give an example of one time the media got something wrong and try to claim they're lying about Trump so those ones are the enemies of the people, not all the media.

Of course, seeing as how Trump basically refers to all media as Fake News Media unless it's Fox & Friends or his sockpuppets Hannity & Judge Jeanine, trying to draw any distinction between who Trump calls the fake news media and just the media in general is completely pointless.

The most reliable news is president Trump's Twitter, that is the truth
    No need for journalists to interpret it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It was fairly well publicised and documented; congressman Gianforte body-slammed a Guardian journalist as the journo was trying to ask questions. The audio of that assault is online too; the journalist was pushy, but no more or less than 99% of every other member of the trade since Guttenburg.

Trump flippantly stokes anti-press sentiment; you might argue how much he understands the consequences of his actions, but the reality is he is vindicating and passively advocating victimisation, and - with the case of CNN - real threats via terrorism.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The most reliable news is president Trump's Twitter, that is the truth
    No need for journalists to interpret it

Just because someone says something, it doesn't make it true.

People spin, deflect and mislead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Christy42

Christy42 wrote: »
    Trump literally praised someone for body slamming a reporter. You are not going to convince anyone that Trump is not anti press.

Having gone to the first video after googling Trump praises man for body slamming reporter

https://youtu.be/dW42IV3LExg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Remember the time when Trump said he'd like to punch a protestor in the face? Or the time when he said he'd pay the legal fees of any supporter who assaulted a protestor? Ah yes, sweet memories.

• Advertisement

That would describe Fox news and most of its hosts in a nutshell.

I wouldn't know i don't watch TV

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement