Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

English Premier League – Tottenham v Arsenal – Both Teams To Score – 1.55 (BetVictor)

English Premier League – Swansea v Newcastle – Both Teams To Score – 1.7 (BetVictor)

Dutch Eredivisie – ADO Den Haag v Heracles – Both Teams To Score – 1.53 (StanJames)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

What do people think of Liverpool -1 corners? I made a bet with that in it last night, didn't even research it like a genius. I dont know why I do these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Messi +2 is only 2/1 they are shocking odds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

The Estonian league is back and there MIGHT be a fixed game on the very first round!

Sillamae Kalev @ 1.80

The odds on Sillamae opened @ 3.20 and the game has been pulled from a few bookies! Sillamae and Trans are two teams from the Russian-speaking regions in Estonia and they're known for fixing games. On paper Sillamae seem stronger anyway, they signed players from the Belarussian, Lithuanian and Latvian premier leagues and they also have a few Estonian internationals. Trans on the other hand signed some players from the Russian 3rd division and have a 40-year-old defender.

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/estonia/meistriliiga-2013/narva-sillamae-kalev-1563658/

Sillamae Kalev won 2-0 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dring

Barca-1, Chelsea -1, UCC hurling -6, treble is 36/1 with pp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FatRat wrote: »
    Paddy Power have enhanced Liverpool, United and City to win to 5/1. Crazy odds altogether but the max bet is 10 quid. I know people dont fancy Liverpool but based and their performances against Zenit and Swansea, I think they are worth trying the enhancement. I'll be backing it myself anyway.

Decided to follow.

I don't trust Liverpool at all. In fact, I usually back against them. But I agree those odds are better than they should be, so it's one of those bets I feel I have to take :D

Bastia (vs Ajaccio) @ 2.15

2 teams from the tiny island of Corsica, big rivalry between the 2 teams, home advantage should really help Bastia here. Bastia were unlucky in the past few games, they created lots of chances but couldn't convert them into goals, I really fancy them to win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Lambert FGS @ 5.00 (Southampton v QPR)

Out of the 12 goals he has scored this season in the PL, 10 of those have been the first goal of the game. He is joint Top First Goals (along with Ba) in the PL season. He is also the Peno taker for Southampton. He is also, by far, the Top Goalscorer for Southampton (with 12), so he has every chance to knock in the first in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

so many bets done i've lost count

kone anytime 5/2 (betpack shop)

lambert 1st

double of newc+1 wigan +1 4/6+evens

trixie of
    bale 1st 4s
    lambert 1st 4s
    kone anytime 5/2

just the soton wincast to add to that
    i've a bad feeling harry might get something out of that game
    i recall having a big bet on spurs away to qpr and you know
    what happened there

just after seeing betfred are 5/2 on the lambert wincast
    can't refuse those odds when as low as 6/4 elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Biggest bet in a while , Utd , BTTS EL CLASSICO and wolfsburg win 150 to win 3.03

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

De Gea; Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Kagawa; Rooney, van Persie

Strong team from United, should be plenty of goals!

Paddy Power have enhanced Liverpool, United and City to win to 5/1. Crazy odds altogether but the max bet is 10 quid. I know people dont fancy Liverpool but based and their performances against Zenit and Swansea, I think they are worth trying the enhancement. I'll be backing it myself anyway.
    madma wrote: »
    rubbish IMO. wigan will win or draw they are great this time of year and city away to vila another team fighting for their lives. the odds were probably around 9/2 anyways but PP like to sucker people in
    tinodz wrote: »
    Around 4/1 (4.74 to be exact) is about the best you can get if you shop around, and mix bookmakers.

I trust City and Utd though - do not trust Liverpool

Current best price on this treble is 2.64/1 with BetVictor.

Not a bet I like and Paddys prices are not the best for the bigger leagues but they are good for the summer leagues.

Credit where it is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Man U, Chelsea, Kidderminister treble around 6/4
    Everton, Hull, Gillingham dnb, Stoke dnb, Cardiff dnb, Southampton dnb 11/1
    Anytime goalscorer, RVP, Jelavic, Ba, Lambert, Suarez, Michu 36/1
    Latter two only small stakes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Sturridge a doubt for Liverpool. Definitely a lay

De Gea; Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Kagawa; Rooney, van Persie

Strong team from United, should be plenty of goals!

I would be a bit wary of this. Valencia, Anderson, Smalling and Kagawa are short of match fitness, Evans has not been looking great lately bar his man marking job on Fellani and Rooney is just after recovering from an illness which could affect his stamina. Van Persie could be brough off early to protect/conserve him for the huge Champions League match in 3 days. Utd are 12 points clear, and Norwich won the last meeting in November 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

**** it im gonna lump on barca at 5/4.... Full strength and probably hurt barca against Madrid reserves

Barca to score
    Newcastle to score
    Bastia double chance
    @ 1.85

Ronaldo rested! Barcelona with a point to prove!

Real Madrid's starting XI: Diego López; Ramos, Varane, Pepe, Coentrao; Essien, Modric; Kaka, Callejon, Morata and Benzema.

Barcelona's starting XI: Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Alba; Sergio, Thiago, Iniesta; Villa, Messi and Pedro

Lambert FGS @ 5.00 (Southampton v QPR)

Out of the 12 goals he has scored this season in the PL, 10 of those have been the first goal of the game. He is joint Top First Goals (along with Ba) in the PL season. He is also the Peno taker for Southampton. He is also, by far, the Top Goalscorer for Southampton (with 12), so he has every chance to knock in the first in the game.

:(

Feck off QPR

I see Osters are playing their first game of the season - a Swedish Cup game. Seeing as they were the betting darlings for many gamblers last season, I feel like putting a small bet on to see how they do at the start of a new campaign.

Yes, I know they are against much better teams this season, and they have not spent much money on their team since last season, and Malmo are a big team to play against, but I am giving them a go.

They are some plus points to consider though:

They have played one Club Friendly against a team in their new league - Djurgården - and they drew against them. They have won all thier other Friendlies - although that's against lesser teams.

They still have Söderberg (Osters Top Goalscorer in 2012), and they got Piñones-Arce on a Free transfer (he was Brommapojkarna Top goal scores in 2012, and the Top Goal scorer in the Superttan in 2012). If both Piñones-Arce and Söderberg play up front today, that is some serious attacking power - regardless of what division they are now in.

Malmo's Top Goal Scorer last season (Ranégie), is also no longer with them - transferred to Udinese

All things considered, Osters And Draw @ 2.10, is worth a speculative bet.

Malmö 1 - 1 Östers (FT)

Osters still got it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Liverpool Team Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Coutinho, Suarez

Wigan Team Al-Habsi, Scharner, Figueroa, Caldwell, Boyce, Beausejour, McCarthy, McArthur, Koné, Maloney, Di Santo

Over 11 corners 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 53,848 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

yap im on corners too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Uggh disaster of a day compounded by my last minute lump on Barca.... Hoping Spurs and maybe a bale wincast will get me on track 2mrw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

On the corners aswell - let the fun begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Does my hernandez suarez double become a single since he didn't play?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm on Liverpool -1 corners and I've no idea about corners, is this likely to come in? Dont even ask why I bet on it because I dont even know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Man U, Chelsea, Kidderminister treble around 6/4
    Everton, Hull, Gillingham dnb, Stoke dnb, Cardiff dnb, Southampton dnb 11/1
    Anytime goalscorer, RVP, Jelavic, Ba, Lambert, Suarez, Michu 36/1
    Latter two only small stakes

Lovely main bet in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Does my hernandez suarez double become a single since he didn't play?

sure does

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Wait until the off before laying Liverpool, they will probably go off around 1.75. Way too short as usual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭BaneV26

I'm on Liverpool -1 corners and I've no idea about corners, is this likely to come in? Dont even ask why I bet on it because I dont even know :pac:

Probably yes. The longer it stays 0-0 the better, or if Liverpool go behind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement