Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

rossit wrote: »
    is harper the back up keeper he not to bad at all

He must be injured it was Elliot lining up against Southampton last weekend.

@ Mailburner. Plus it's a team that has scored 8 in their last few games add into the fact that they have come from a goal down in two of them too win. no shortage of fight in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Are you people forgetting about the El Classico?????? Far better match to be betting on than some of the ones mentioned already, surprised no one has brought it up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

shocksy wrote: »
    Are you people forgetting about the El Classico?????? Far better match to be betting on than some of the ones mentioned already, surprised no one has brought it up.

And it is early kick off, 15:00 gmt

Cant understand Barca is favourite. Xavi is definitely out, Messi is doubtful.
    Will wait for the line ups but i am considering Real @3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

saturday or sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,892 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Madrid most likely will rest players, wouldnt surprise me

Like inforfun has said wait for the line ups with el classico.

Both teams have the luxury of being able to rest a few players without being harmed to much in the league standings with CL nearly secured for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    AS Saint-Étienne v OGC Nice
    AS Saint-Étienne: Mayi (6/0 f), Diomande (2/0 m), Coulibaly (0/0 g)
    OGC Nice: Cvitanich (20/12 top scorer), Fofana (1/0 d), Genevois (17/0 d), Hennion (0/0 m), M'Bow (0/0 d), Pentecôte (2/0 f), Pied (19/0 m), Traoré (18/2 m), Dao Castellana (2/0 m), Abriel (18/1 m)
    pick 1

Borussia Dortmund v Hannover 96
    Borussia Dortmund: Owomoyela (0/0 d)
    Hannover 96: Radlinger (0/0 g), Cherundolo (15/0 d), Eggimann (19/1 d), Felipe (3/1 d), Andreasen (4/2 m), Franca (0/0 m), Huszti (21/9 m), Stindl (14/2 m)
    pick 1

Bayer Leverkusen v VfB Stuttgart
    Bayer Leverkusen: Bellarabi (8/0 m)
    VfB Stuttgart: Hoogland (2/0 d), Niedermeier (19/0 d), Audel (0/0 m), Bah (1/0 m), Cacau (5/1 f), Torun (9/0 m)
    pick 1

FC Midtjylland v SønderjyskE
    FC Midtjylland: -
    SønderjyskE: Lodberg (15/1 d), Vibe (20/5 f), Hart (18/0 d), Hedinsson (11/6 m) (all doubtful)
    pick 1

Piast Gliwice v Zaglebie Lubin
    Piast Gliwice: Kędziora (15/5 f) (doubtful), Świerczok (1/0 f), Oleksy (14/0 d), Zganiacz (14/2 m), Izvolt (13/1 m), Cuerda (9/1 d), Adu Kwame (0/0 d), Jurado (4/0 m), Sikora (8/1 f)
    Zaglebie Lubin: Cotra (0/0 d), Woźniak (13/1 f), Horvath (1/0 d), Hanzel (0/0 m), Tunczew (10/1 d)
    pick X2

Paços de Ferreira v Vitória Setúbal
    Paços de Ferreira: Tony (16/0 d), Duarte (0/0 f)
    Vitória Setúbal: Ney (17/0 d), Nélson Pedrosa (20/0 d), Pedro Santos (20/3 m), Bruno Gallo (11/0 m), Danilo Alves (0/0 m)
    pick 1

Recreativo Huelva v Elche CF
    Recreativo Huelva: Ernesto (8/0 m), Morcillo (24/1 d), Arana (5/0 m), Borja Granero (8/1 m), Jesús Rubio (20/3 m) (doubtful), Dimas (26/1 m)
    Elche CF: Javi Flores (0/0 m), Beranger (7/0 d), Pelayo (18/1 m)
    pick X2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Newcastle will be without Krul, is their back up keeper any good?

The Newcastle fans think he is brilliant, even Pardew said he was a great keeper, Krul will be no1 but this guy has fantastic reflexes and kicking distribution and is eligible for Ireland, might be worth sticking a few bob on the Magpies

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

Sin City wrote: »
    The Newcastle fans think he is brilliant, even Pardew said he was a great keeper, Krul will be no1 but this guy has fantastic reflexes and kicking distribution and is eligible for Ireland, might be worth sticking a few bob on the Magpies

I can't see too many reasons for Backing Newcastle , they've won 1 game on the road all year, Swansea only lost 2 at home all year, they've had 6 days to get over their hangover ( even I could manage that ) and I think they'll be harder to beat having won the cup.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Another Estonian bet for tomorrow:

Infonet (vs Kuressaare) @ 1.72

2 amateur teams, Infonet beat them 5-1 in a pre season friendly, Infonet have several players who used to play for Levadia, one of the best teams in Estonia, they also have a striker who scored 31 goals in the 2nd division last season.

the odds on Infonet have dropped but it must be cuz of that 5-1 friendly win.
    http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/estonia/meistriliiga-2013/infonet-kuressaare-1563660/

Odds on Infonet have dropped to 1.36! it has to be a good sign...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Galatasaray 1/1

Blackburn 17/20

Gillingham 6/5

Treble @7/1

Think i might throw in Cheltengham 17/20

brings it up to 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

stoke , sunderland , soton, braintree, hereford, sheff utd, woking and brentford are interest bets for the day all singles to win and going for a few small doubles .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I see Osters are playing their first game of the season - a Swedish Cup game. Seeing as they were the betting darlings for many gamblers last season, I feel like putting a small bet on to see how they do at the start of a new campaign.

Yes, I know they are against much better teams this season, and they have not spent much money on their team since last season, and Malmo are a big team to play against, but I am giving them a go.

They are some plus points to consider though:

They have played one Club Friendly against a team in their new league - Djurgården - and they drew against them. They have won all thier other Friendlies - although that's against lesser teams.

They still have Söderberg (Osters Top Goalscorer in 2012), and they got Piñones-Arce on a Free transfer (he was Brommapojkarna Top goal scores in 2012, and the Top Goal scorer in the Superttan in 2012). If both Piñones-Arce and Söderberg play up front today, that is some serious attacking power - regardless of what division they are now in.

Malmo's Top Goal Scorer last season (Ranégie), is also no longer with them - transferred to Udinese

All things considered, Osters And Draw @ 2.10, is worth a speculative bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

I think Real might rest a few players today against Barca. I'm going to wait on the team news but Barca handicap -2 @ 8/1 looks good to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Celtic
    United
    Everton
    Chelsea

Just under 3/1 £50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Hernandez Suarez first goalscorer double 28/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Looks ****e to me , they won't win by 3 at the bernabau no matter what team Madrid play its always going to have quality in it anyhow , they won't roll over at home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Paddy Power have enhanced Liverpool, United and City to win to 5/1. Crazy odds altogether but the max bet is 10 quid. I know people dont fancy Liverpool but based and their performances against Zenit and Swansea, I think they are worth trying the enhancement. I'll be backing it myself anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

FatRat wrote: »
    Paddy Power have enhanced Liverpool, United and City to win to 5/1. Crazy odds altogether but the max bet is 10 quid. I know people dont fancy Liverpool but based and their performances against Zenit and Swansea, I think they are worth trying the enhancement. I'll be backing it myself anyway.

got a link?

cant see it on site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

rubbish IMO. wigan will win or draw they are great this time of year and city away to vila another team fighting for their lives. the odds were probably around 9/2 anyways but PP like to sucker people in

mailburner wrote: »
    got a link?

cant see it on site

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/football-accumulators-enhanced-specials/football-accums-enhanced-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=1160237
    madma wrote: »
    rubbish IMO. wigan will win or draw they are great this time of year and city away to vila another team fighting for their lives. the odds were probably around 9/2 anyways but PP like to sucker people in

Ok yeah, well done. It was more like 5/2 than 9/2 but ok. If 5/1 isn't value I dont know what is. You're looking at your opinion rather than the value of the bet, which I am not doing. I get that Liverpool might draw or Villa might upset City but I think that risk is worth it given it's 5/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Around 4/1 (4.74 to be exact) is about the best you can get if you shop around, and mix bookmakers.

I trust City and Utd though - do not trust Liverpool

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/football-accumulators-enhanced-specials/football-accums-enhanced-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=1160237

Ok yeah, well done. It was more like 5/2 than 9/2 but ok. If 5/1 isn't value I dont know what is. You're looking at your opinion rather than the value of the bet, which I am not doing. I get that Liverpool might draw or Villa might upset City but I think that risk is worth it given it's 5/1.

2 teams playing away against teams who are scrapping for points so dont see it as a good value bet, so what if the odds are slightly bumped up. time and time again teams playing away let you down ESPECIALLY liverpool. utd look a shoe-in and id fancy city to win but reckon wigan could be the upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

getting 5/1 for a treble which works out at 11/4 is hardly rubbish but if
    you looked it up and worked out the actual odds rather than guessing then
    you might think differently
    plenty will fancy all three teams and will really appreciate those odds

I agree in that wigan might win or draw but that's not the point
    I feel myself that the other two will win which makes it look even better

some might come on here after doing that treble in the shop or elsewhere online
    and feel rightly pissed off at missing out

mailburner wrote: »
    getting 5/1 for a treble which works out at 11/4 is hardly rubbish but if
    you looked it up and worked out the actual odds rather than guessing then
    you might think differently
    plenty will fancy all three teams and will really appreciate those odds

I agree in that wigan might win or draw but that's not the point
    I feel myself that the other two will win which makes it look even better

some might come on here after doing that treble in the shop or elsewhere online
    and feel rightly pissed off at missing out

i worked it out after i posted ha! very suprised at the odds on liverpool and city.. very short. dont fancy it myself but best of luck to anyone that does it. PP are a pain the way they have a limit on these bets

I like Liverpool for the win today, I like them a lot. Their consistency is horrendous but they are by far the better ball-players between the two team. They're on the back of 5-0 and 3-1 wins and against a team that dont understand the concept of home form.

That said I have my doubts. But when taking a 5/1 bet, you're obviously going to have doubts. I'll still back it and see how it works out anyway. If it wins I'm laughing because of how much returns I'll get :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone like Gillingham away to Aldershot today? Some thoughts on them from Betfair's daily tipping:

http://betting.betfair.com/football/daily-tipping/big-saturday-multiple-back-seagulls-to-make-more-waves-at-home-020313-34.html
    Dropping to League Two for our final selection of the day - and top of the table Gillingham travel to Aldershot, looking to extend their formidable away record.

The Gills have been in incredible form away from the MEMS Priestfield Stadium, and that has played a major part in cementing their position at the summit of the division.

Martin Allen's side have won 11 of their 16 away league games this campaign (drawing four and losing one of the remaining five), and have won five of their last six in recent weeks - keeping an impressive five consecutive clean sheets.

A 1-0 home loss to Oxford last time out will have knocked the Kent side slightly - but the Gills have not lost back to back games all season, and that suggests that they will come out chomping at the bit today.

Hosts Aldershot line up for this one having won just two from 10 games, and will be desperate to pull off a shock win against the league leaders in order to put more breathing space between themselves and the relegation places.

Just two points separates the Shots from the dropzone, and three wins from their last six on their own patch indicates that a lack of consistency could play a major part in their downfall.

Andy Scott's side are big and strong, but will have their work cut out against a well-drilled Gillingham side who tend to sit back and play on the break away from their own patch.

The last time these two sides met, Gillingham ran out 4-0 winners - and though I expect it to be a narrower scoreline this time around, I can't see past the Gills for the win.

Bet 3: Gillingham @ 2.25

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

All 3 to win at 5/1 is a bet I found hard not to take. With the max bet, you can't exactly lose your hole either.
    Just to annoy us even more, Liverpool will win and City will only draw:pac:

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    All 3 to win at 5/1 is a bet I found hard not to take. With the max bet, you can't exactly lose your hole either.
    Just to annoy us even more, Liverpool will win and City will only draw:pac:

I'm thinking that too,,, that Villa will be the ones to f*ck it up :pac: I only put 5 on it in the end because of my pessimism. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement