Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm in a similar boat. Would love to get this resolved but not sure if it's possible.

- I get Amazon Prime free as I have Broadband and mobile with Eir.
    - Prime Video works on my mobile.
    -I have Amazon Firestick
    - when go to watch anything I get 'Video unavailable. Your device's current location settings might be incorrect or unsupported. To verify location settings and view supported locations, please to to https://www.primevideo.com/help?nodeId=2-2-65170
    Error code: 5505
    - within the Prime app on Firestick there's no settings options.
    - Within Firestick settings there is 'Amazon Account' - deregister your Amazon account and register a new one. I don't want to do this as I have apps etc. set up that took time.
    - on Firestick 'Prime Video' it links to https://www.amazon.co.uk/mc to manage my membership.
    - on https://www.amazon.co.uk/mc it's telling me 'You are not a member of Prime'
    - If I go to the Eir website it says 'congratulations, you have registered for Amazon Prime video....

So do I have to cast from my phone every time I want to watch Amazon Prime video?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Might be a bit late but if you are on the Irish Prime video region, you'll always get error 5505 trying to watch directly on the stick.

You can sideload the Aptoide.apk app store to the fire stick, then install the Prime Video app from there and you can watch the Irish content in that app.
    Got this tip on boards (could've even been on this thread). Works perfect.

I tried installing the Prime video.apk directly first, without installing Aptoide first but it doesn't work.

By the way the Prime video version on Aptoide has the word Prime on top of the word Video on a blue tile. There are a couple of different version.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

antodeco wrote:
    My address on Amazon is a UK address. My location is set to a UK address and my card is a Revolut card (which I assume would be seen as a UK card?). Any ideas why I can't purchase anything?

Billing address for the Revolut card has to be set to a UK address on amazon. With Revolut themselves keep your Irish address but when setting up the revolut card on amazon use a UK or parcel motel address & it should work fine

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Billing address for the Revolut card has to be set to a UK address on amazon. With Revolut themselves keep your Irish address but when setting up the revolut card on amazon use a UK or parcel motel address & it should work fine

Have all that done. Every address on Amazon is a UK address. My 1 click settings are UK address aswell. The billing address for my card is also UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭boardtc

antodeco wrote: »
    Have all that done. Every address on Amazon is a UK address. My 1 click settings are UK address aswell. The billing address for my card is also UK.

Same with me. UK Prime works fine but I can't rent.

Keith186 wrote: »
    You can sideload the Aptoide.apk app store to the fire stick, then install the Prime Video app from there and you can watch the Irish content in that app.
    Got this tip on boards (could've even been on this thread). Works perfect.

What extra content will you get viewing via this if your UK primer work already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

Justified seems to be back on Irish region. Whether it stays any length this time or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

boardtc wrote: »
    Same with me. UK Prime works fine but I can't rent.

Not sure if this will help, but I set up a Virtual Visa in my Revolut account and this worked forme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

fman wrote: »
    Justified seems to be back on Irish region. Whether it stays any length this time or not?

Prime has been acting really odd recently. Last night I was watching season 1 of NCIS. When the ep 12 ended, it could not find another ep. I looked in app and in browser and all season 1 eps were gone...some of season 2 playable and some not etc etc.
    An hour later they all came back.
    Things seem to randomly disappear and come back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Well I tried everything and just can’t rent changed all addresses etc Revolut and just comes up payment declined billing address uk
    Which I used parcel motel as billing but obviously credit card does not match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

fman wrote: »

It never left for me :confused:, I'v been binging on it for the last 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

For some reason my account has just reverted to the Irish Primevideo, not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Has Seinfeld always been on the Irish version? Just noticed it now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Added on Sunday, it was there before though. Also on All4 if you don’t have Prime Video.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,211 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cornetto trilogy added today
    Hot fuzz
    The worlds end
    Shaun of the dead

• Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

gmisk wrote: »
    Cornetto trilogy added today
    Hot fuzz
    The worlds end
    Shaun of the dead

Feel like this post should go in the trivial things that annoy you thread, you ordered them 2, 3, 1. :pac:

I finally got around to watching Season 2 of The Terror. I loved season 1, and was keen to see how this would compare. I'd heard that it wasn't on the same level as the first, and after seeing it I'd have to agree; but it was absorbing enough to make me want to finish it.

On the plus side, I liked the focus on what citizens of Japanese ancestry had to go through in the second World War. I thought Kiki Sukezane was creepy too.

On the negative side, some of the plot holes you could drive a bus through, and the lead actor didn't have the presence to carry the season like the actors in season one. Some of the spiritual aspects got really silly late on.

Overall, I'd say it's worth a look. But whereas I could see myself rewatching season 1 at some point, I doubt I'd do the same for the second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭lertsnim

icdg wrote: »
    Added on Sunday, it was there before though. Also on All4 if you don’t have Prime Video.

And RTE Player now too. Only 4 seasons though but they seem to be adding seasons over time like All 4 did.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Mad Men arriving to Amazon on Friday

MrStuffins wrote: »

Not sure if this will help, but I set up a Virtual Visa in my Revolut account and this worked forme.

Great news that you got a solution, thanks! We really wanted to rent last night. Revolut is my default payment. What virtual visa worked for you @MrStuffins ?

den87 wrote: »
    Mad Men arriving to Amazon on Friday

Is it not on the Irish version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Is it not on the Irish version?

It's there it's just buried in typical Amazon style.

I added to list remotely and honestly typed in Mad Men and Man on Fire was first option displayed scrolled down bout 20 items before oh wait it is actually here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

You can now have multiple profiles like with Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

You can now have multiple profiles like with Netflix

Thank fvck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

boardtc wrote:
    Great news that you got a solution, thanks! We really wanted to rent last night. Revolut is my default payment. What virtual visa worked for you @MrStuffins ?

You can add Apple TV app to the 4k Firestick if you have one. Almost all movies are 4k at no extra charge. Average rental price for 4k HDR is 5 euro on the apple tv app. I haven't rented from prime since apple tv app launched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've been using UK Prime on a Fire Cube for a while. I'm really enjoying the content.
    But once I enabled that I can no long buy anything on Amazon UK.
    When I had it set up as an Irish location I couldn't get any of the Prime TV to work.
    I generally use Parcel Motel for my Amazon, an Post just took forever.

What are my options?

beauf wrote: »
    I've been using UK Prime on a Fire Cube for a while. I'm really enjoying the content.
    But once I enabled that I can no long buy anything on Amazon UK.
    When I had it set up as an Irish location I couldn't get any of the Prime TV to work.
    I generally use Parcel Motel for my Amazon, an Post just took forever.

What are my options?
    The way I have managed it is I use a different email address for amazon prime video, that was accidental actually because I needed to use the same address I used for eir to get the offer and that happened to be different than the one on my main amazon account, but that's how I have it working. I still am unable to rent form amazon prime video which is annoying.

I used to use parcel motel for deliveries with no Irish address but they use Fastway who in our area are a disaster. I've since moved to DPD wizard, which are the same price as parcel motel but deliver to your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Thanks I might try that. Funny how the courier makes such a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

boardtc wrote: »

I just set up a new one inside the Revolut app

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I just set up a new one inside the Revolut app

I did not know you could do that! OK, so I have a virtual visa setup in Revout. I added that has a card in Amazon and made it default and assigned my DPD parcel wizard address to it. I then tried to rent but got the same "purchase failed" message saying the payment billing address must be a valid address in the UK, which, which is what it is - in NI. Have you done any different @MrStuffins?

• Advertisement

I finished season 2 of Trapped. It took a while to get going but I liked it by the end. I was really shocked by:
    Asgeir dying. I thought they'd find a way for him to be rescued in the final seconds, but nope. Such a ruthless way to do it as well. He was arguably the most likeable character on the show too.

I read they're working on a third season but I don't know how that's going with the pandemic and everything. I'd watch another one.

Advertisement