Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

boardtc wrote: »
    I did not know you could do that! OK, so I have a virtual visa setup in Revout. I added that has a card in Amazon and made it default and assigned my DPD parcel wizard address to it. I then tried to rent but got the same "purchase failed" message saying the payment billing address must be a valid address in the UK, which, which is what it is - in NI. Have you done any different @MrStuffins?

Only thing I've done different is use Parcel Motel address. Maybe try them on Live Chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Only thing I've done different is use Parcel Motel address. Maybe try them on Live Chat?

I use address pal, which is in England rather than NI - not sure if the GB versus UK element is an issue.

Is there any easy way to check what’s on uk prime vs irish? Want to see if it’s worth the effort of getting amazon to change my account to a uk one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You can now have multiple profiles like with Netflix

Wont let me set up profiles on mine and cant find any option that even mentions it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Wont let me set up profiles on mine and cant find any option that even mentions it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/profiles/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

If you’re using the international app (Prime Video IE) tap “My Stuff” in the bottom right hand corner and the option is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Is there any easy way to check what’s on uk prime vs irish? Want to see if it’s worth the effort of getting amazon to change my account to a uk one.

You can go to "justwatch" and pick a Prime Video and then switch countries to see how the content differs.

The Irish one has improved massively since the start and there isn't too many things missing from it compared to the UK version.

peteeeed wrote: »

just 404s for me

Looking for something?
    We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site.

Go to Amazon.co.uk's Home Page
    icdg wrote: »
    If you’re using the international app (Prime Video IE) tap “My Stuff” in the bottom right hand corner and the option is there.

Not there either for me, just gives me downloads, watchlist and purchases

Nothing in the settings on that page either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I know it's an old show but I have started watching house it's excellent

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

just 404s for me
    Same - no sign of it anywhere.
    For those who can see it, are you using the Irish version of Primevideo? I play all content through primevideo and not Amazon, which I think means I signed up differently to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

just 404s for me

Looking for something?
    We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site.

Go to Amazon.co.uk's Home Page

Not there either for me, just gives me downloads, watchlist and purchases

Nothing in the settings on that page either :(

ahhhh ok , mine is a uk account , there must be a link to the irish prime video, the link works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I've a UK account and the link, nor the option in the app, appears for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

gmisk wrote: »
    I know it's an old show but I have started watching house it's excellent

Me too. Hugh Laurie is excellent in it. Some of the story lines away from the hospital are a little boring though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Its always lupus in house!!!

peteeeed wrote: »
    ahhhh ok , mine is a uk account , there must be a link to the irish prime video, the link works for me

As with Hurrache, my account is UK ( switched from Irish about 9 months ago)

EDIT. As if by magic, its there now. I have the drop down menu. Ive added profiles (It had mine and a "kids" profile already but I've never been asked which I want when watching on any device EDIT EDIT, its asking me for which profile now on the telly) but all I can do with them is edit the name, I cant add a profile pic or anything, I assume you should be able to do that, a la disney plus or neflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

I am wndering if anyone can answer this for me. On my Amazon page I can see that there is an offer for €2.99 for 6 months, for Prime Video, then €5.99 there after. When I click to try and place the order its listing a price of €5.99. I contacted Amazon and they said that offer was over, but 2 weeks later its still being displayed onscreen as an offer.
    In the past my other half did a trial of Prime, and I'm linked as a family member on the account. When I look are the Prime Video layout its showing us both with onscreen (showing we can manage the profile).
    So my question is, if I remove my other half from the family set up on Amazon, is it likely to give me the €2.99 offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

EDIT. As if by magic, its there now. I have the drop down menu. Ive added profiles (It had mine and a "kids" profile already but I've never been asked which I want when watching on any device EDIT EDIT, its asking me for which profile now on the telly) but all I can do with them is edit the name, I cant add a profile pic or anything, I assume you should be able to do that, a la disney plus or neflix?

Yeah, mine appeared since I posted too. I'll check the tellybox later and see if it's on either of the ones that have Prime as an app on them. All I can do is edit the name, not the photo. Kids won't be happy as they seem to spend most of their time on Netflix changing their profile pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I want to like Amazon Prime but I also want to rent and no matter what combo I use (All UK addresses with Revolut, standard card and virtual) I can't which is very frustrating. I want to give them more money and they won't take it from me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

lunamoon wrote:
    I want to like Amazon Prime but I also want to rent and no matter what combo I use (All UK addresses with Revolut, standard card and virtual) I can't which is very frustrating. I want to give them more money and they won't take it from me

If you have a 4k Firestick you can download the Apple Plus app. You can rent movies on this for 5 euros or less. Better value than Prime Video but the sweetener is that Apple stream most of these movies in 4k and HDR at no extra cost. I'm all setup with prime to rent movies but haven't since the Apple app launched

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    If you have a 4k Firestick you can download the Apple Plus app. You can rent movies on this for 5 euros or less. Better value than Prime Video but the sweetener is that Apple stream most of these movies in 4k and HDR at no extra cost. I'm all setup with prime to rent movies but haven't since the Apple app launched

Thank you for that. I'll give that a go.

There's a particular box set i want from Prime that nowhere else has. I think i'll just buy the dvds :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Psych and Mnk both gone. FFS. Have been watching them with the family a lot recently and they disappear again. Stuff disappears too regularly from this service to rely on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Give it a few days or a week. Justified disappeared in its entirety for a few days only to reappear in full again. Must be some weirdness with licensing.

lunamoon wrote: »
    I want to like Amazon Prime but I also want to rent and no matter what combo I use (All UK addresses with Revolut, standard card and virtual) I can't which is very frustrating. I want to give them more money and they won't take it from me :D

Same. I gave up in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,958 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Truth Seekers looks to be more of a Nick Frost project going by the trailer with Pegg just a.n.other character. Which I think would be great.

Trailer might also give the wrong impression of course.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,278 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

pixelburp wrote: »
    Give it a few days or a week. Justified disappeared in its entirety for a few days only to reappear in full again. Must be some weirdness with licensing.

This happened with Supernatural, I was not impressed

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Hi folks is it true I can ask Amazon to change my location from Ireland to UK to avail of more content on prime video?

How do I do it and is it worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Hi folks is it true I can ask Amazon to change my location from Ireland to UK to avail of more content on prime video?

How do I do it and is it worth it?

Dunno if I did it wrong but I did this and can no longer buy things on Amazon I get region error. I'm going to switch back to Ireland. I've watched the series I wanted to watch.

I've noticed some stuff in my watch list has over time switched to paid or disappeared. Which is very annoying.

Unless you really want to watch something on the UK prime I would not say it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Sorry If it's a silly question but is there any way to filter out or block Clips When doing a search? I really don't like what amounts to YouTube videos clogging up my searches.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

We're getting a James May cooking series some time later this year. https://deadline.com/2020/07/amazon-confirms-james-may-oh-cook-the-grand-tour-1202999367/

Advertisement