Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Can Biden take him down, I think if Cuomo or Mrs. Obama ran they would get in

Possibly, think a lot of people in America are calling for a vote blue no matter who they choose to run against Trump. I know a few who voted Gary Johnson when Clinton was chosen ahead of Sanders, and I'd say there was a lot more that did that. Johnson received over 3m more votes in '16 than he did in '12, and it was the highest vote count for a third presidential candidate since '96. Same people I know are now voting for whoever gets the democratic nomination in the hopes that Trump doesn't get re-elected.

Had Biden ran for president in 2016 I think he would have beaten Trump, the good public image he had at the time from being Obama's VP would have helped him massively.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think this time people won't rely on others to vote. Wasn't the problem last time that people thought Trump would lose and so didn't bother voting? Same as happened with Brexit.
    At least I think that was the excuse given.

Actually this was the third highest turnout for an election since the '60s. '08 had a higher turnout and '04 had the same percentage turnout as 2016 with a 55.7% turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's a crazy owl time

Virus
    Racism incidents all over the world
    The sad truth about Madeleine McCann coming out slowly

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's a crazy owl time

Virus
    Racism incidents all over the world
    The sad truth about Madeleine McCann coming out slowly

Add the chance that Trump could be relected

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Trump is going to absolutely walk that election and it's not even going to be close....... He could boil a kettle on election night and be back in the white house before the waters cold.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Trump is going to absolutely walk that election and it's not even going to be close....... He could boil a kettle on election night and be back in the white house before the waters cold.

Even Fox's polls are showing Trump losing badly to Biden. CNN's latest has him 14 points down currently.

The last two weeks have been an utter disaster for him.

He might swing it back to be a bit close, but there's zero chance he's going to "walk the election".

Now, the bigger issue is that he was more than willing to deliegitimze the election he actually won. When he loses, he's going to throw an absolute fit and claim it was rigged against him. That's when the real fun will begin, because it will be interesting to see how the Republican party actually deal with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

hynesie08 wrote: »

Have you got a crystal ball that you can see 5 months down the line?
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Even Fox's polls are showing Trump losing badly to Biden. CNN's latest has him 14 points down currently.

He might swing it back to be a bit close, but there's zero chance he's going to "walk the election".

Now, the bigger issue is that he was more than willing to deliegitimze the election he actually won. When he loses, he's going to throw an absolute fit and claim it was rigged against him. That's when the real fun will begin, because it will be interesting to see how the Republican party actually deal with that.

If there's anything to be learned from the 2016 Presidential Election, it's that polls aren't really to be trusted/used to guess which way an election will ultimately swing. Hillary was by all accounts on track to be the first Female President until well, she wasn't.

Now IF Trump loses in November, the chaos will be ramped up even further (is that even possible?) than it is, and he'll make it an absolute hell to work with in transition with the next Administration.

And according to the U.S Constitution, IF and it's a big IF, the election is somehow suspended, Trump would still be out of job come January 20th 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

work with a lot of americans who are convinced hell get in again cause as they say theres a lot of people who vote for will never admit outside there house

i was fully convinced hed get in but yea the last few weeks have been a huge hit but i still about 60% sure hell get in again

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure how many were saying he'd be gone within his first year, then his second?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Lord TSC wrote: »

I fell for all of this last time, oh he's behind in the polls, only idiots will vote for him etc

I go to the states 2-3 times a year and I've lost count of the amount of people who I've talked to in bars who've said some variation of "I don't like him but there's more money in my pocket because construction/hotels/whatever is up, ignoring that it's not trumps policies that caused it. Same thing that kept ff in until they drove the country off a cliff.

With coronavirus, trump is the one screaming to open the economy, putting all the heat on governers, look at all the Karen's out protesting for the hairdressers to open and the armed militias storming the minneapolis governers office, who do you think has their vote.

The Democrats also have a knack of picking people who are more unlikeable than trump, Biden is already making the mistake of trying to tear down trump rather than build himself up, and getting into a shouting match with trump never ends well.

There's also the silent majority, much as we'd all like to think of the majority of Americans as forward thinking people who debate john Oliver sketches, there are a ridiculous number who aren't anywhere near that, and trump has a way of sweeping those people up.

Lads, I genuinely hope I'm wrong here, and that I'll watch the inauguration with a beer and laugh as 45 is dragged away by security...... But I think he's going to win, and I don't think it's even going to be close.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea the polls totally backfired for the Democrats last time as people said they were voting for Hillary as they were terrified to say Trump because they would get attacked which meant people thought a sure i dont need to vote because Hillary will walk it. Personally i would have ran Biden in 2016 as i think he would have gotten more votes (no if it would have been enough to topple trump we will never know) and he was coming off the Obama regime.

Having said that i do now agree that Biden will find it tough to beat Trump even with all thats going on although whoever wins will probably be up against Michelle Obama in 2024(if she decides to run). The age of Biden and Trump is a massive issue with both men well into their 70's. As said if Trump is defeated you can guarantee he will scream and shout all the way till he ends his term and well beyond that, Crooked Democrats/Sleepy Joe etc

Id love to say the way Trump has handled the Virus and now the protests it would mean he is definitely going to loose it just wont be as easy as that as you will defend him whatever he does and he can do no wrong LITERALLY.

As Hynesie said Trump was clever in saying he wants his economy to be the first one open and also to open all churches for people to pray(as they are a massive demographic for him) and people will want that whether Republican or Democrat as they want money in their pockets since they dont have the likes of social welfare like we do. As much as i love going to America(planning on a holiday next year) and have friends who live there i never understand why they only have 2 candidates going for president as lot of people who may not be a fan of either candidate will nearly flip a coin and pick the lesser of two evils(which is exactly how Trump got elected last time against Hillary as people slightly prefered him over her)

I hope he doesnt get elected but i think its going to be tight either way.

He said it himself in during the 2016 election, so no matter what he says or does (and there's a lot), he'll still have his crowd.
    I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I said it at the time but it just reminded me of the Simpsons when they had a vote, all changing "Vote no" followed by news report "A resounding Yes"

Joshua vs Fury

Now that's a match

• Registered Users Posts: 60,342 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No interest in watching them promote the Kinahans and sports wash a family that is destroying this country with drugs and murder.

Question is, how the **** did he manage to pull off that boxing match?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,342 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Money lots of drug and blood money taken from the lives of the families his family destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Boxing has always been crooked as feck. Money will get you anything and nobody involved is too fussy about where it comes from.

Fair point, but let me put it another way, how the **** did a mob boss turned boxing promoter, manage to outmaneuver BOTH Eddie Hearn & Frank Warren? When it comes to boxing promoters, those are the 2 I think of, not Daniel Kinahan.

Could they not have made the fight happen without his involvement?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He most likely has access to a lot more money than they do. Both from his own endeavours and also the Arab connections he appears to have made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,267 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm running my first game if anyone wants to partake please, much appreciated

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2058085374

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Fair point, but let me put it another way, how the **** did a mob boss turned boxing promoter, manage to outmaneuver BOTH Eddie Hearn & Frank Warren? When it comes to boxing promoters, those are the 2 I think of, not Daniel Kinahan.

Could they not have made the fight happen without his involvement?

They could have, though Fury is signed up with MTK as his advisors and the only thing that concerns promoters is money. I bet someone earned a pretty penny so DK could get his name front and centre as a "legitimate business person". Will earn him plenty of clean money and Hearn or whoever will get an extra large brown envelope for helping to facilitate it.

Anyone going too buy the ps5

Not a big gamer and bought a ps4 on launch and only used it id say a handful of times a year.

I'll wait and see I suppose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not a big gamer and bought a ps4 on launch and only used it id say a handful of times a year.

Me and my brother are big gamers and tend to split the costs, so probably be a day one purchase for us. Same with the Xbox.

He's way more into the PS exclusives though. Not much announced yet that would massively excite me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If Spiderman or Horizon is out day 1 then I'll definitely be day 1

Same as TSC I used to split the console cost with the brother, fecker dropped late for the PS4 and couldn't afford it by myself so didn't get it til the following christmas so would love to get it this year as soon as

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Should never internet diagnose kids but google tells me my rotator cuff is fúcked. Can't lift my arm above my head without agony.

Doing CompTIA A+1000 Series course through ecollage and by god its hard

Never studied stuff like motherboards, Port numbers and stuff like that

Mock Exams are pretty complicated

At the end of the day its free and i can take my time learning it

I'll be waiting a while before buying the PS5. There's life in the PS4 yet. Only recently got my hands on a copy of Red Dead Redemption II.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'll be waiting a while before buying the PS5. There's life in the PS4 yet. Only recently got my hands on a copy of Red Dead Redemption II.

That's you occupied til Summerslam so, the sort of game where you just get absolutely sucked into the world and start to believe you're Arthur Morgan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Appreciate the happy birthday thread title! Shame can't really go anywhere but it was nice of Ireland to open up right beforehand, lol. First time getting takeout during all this. Hope ye are all doing alright, things are starting to look up :)

Advertisement