Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Uefa praying on PSG vs Baryn Munich CL final, think an semi final upset is possible. Feels so weird having European football this time of year that's not qualifying stages which are also happening for 20/21 the next week

This virus needs to **** right off

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd say UEFA would love a Lyon vs RB final more to be honest.

UEFA don't want PSG anywhere near the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,152 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Bayern wins it out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Loving the European games so far this month. All knockout games should be straight knockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That miss could haunt Sterling for years. It was amazing.

• Advertisement

jesus a storm with flooding in August

2020 you bastard

PTH2009 wrote: »
    jesus a storm with flooding in August

2020 you bastard

If only Ellen could take out Covid Corona, stay safe y'all

thank **** for unlimited data and mobile hot spots

Something gone wrong with my Internet and Virgin taking a week to come up and fix it

Messi and Suarez to the PL, who could afford Messi in the PL

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Messi and Suarez to the PL, who could afford Messi in the PL

Man City deff could, would like Man Utd to get him though :p

jesus whatever PL club does get Messi the amount of tourism it could generate for the clubs home venue will be big. Id travel over to see him play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I wouldn't mind liverpool kicking the tyres on messi, he'd be a handy lad to have on the bench if one of the front 3 got hurt, give him a run out with Jones and Elliott in the cup.....

Has Messi got English?

Anyone ever had their Amazon account hacked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Anyone ever had their Amazon account hacked :(

Hacks at Amazon are exceptionally rare. Likely you fell victim to a phishing scam or you use the same details on another account (email/other store etc.) and those were compromised. Scammers will then try the same credentials on other big sites to see if they work.

Contact Amazon right away or attempt a password reset. Contact them asap if money has been spent or something.

I've rang and emailed but tbh it's frustrating, waiting on Amazon to come back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Currently running a tournament on Greatest Ever FIFA World Cup Goal i anyone wants in :)

Greatest Ever FIFA World Cup Goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Hi lads,
    Have a (poor condition) autographed perry saturn 8x10 here, found it cleaning - must be from 2000/2001.
    Have it up on the verts for €20, there's one on ebay for €80 but I think €80 is a bit steep for that even in perfect nick.
    Just wondering is my price fair, has a crease on it and the autograph itself is a bit faded

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

airmax87 wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    Have a (poor condition) autographed perry saturn 8x10 here, found it cleaning - must be from 2000/2001.
    Have it up on the verts for €20, there's one on ebay for €80 but I think €80 is a bit steep for that even in perfect nick.
    Just wondering is my price fair, has a crease on it and the autograph itself is a bit faded

Is anyone that big a Saturn fan ? Im thinking not.

Youll do well it shift it.

I don't want to post this in the PS or Xbox forum and look like a "fanboy" for either haha but.....

I've never been less excited for a next gen release of consoles. No big leap in graphics, people getting excited for remasters and the likes of Horizon 2 and the new Spider-Man game being released on PS4 as well. I think Microsoft said as well that the new Xbox won't have any exclusives (games will be released on the XB1 as well) for the next 12 - 18 months. But people are falling over themselves to pre order PS5s on the PS forum.

Can anyone tell me a few reasons to invest in a next gen console in the next 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

At the minute I can’t see myself getting one as nothing makes me want it think I’ll wait to see how people find it make a decision 6 months to a year in when more stuff is released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,824 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Honestly, I preordered but with the intention of just deciding later for definite when more info comes out.
    But one reason I want to get it is I have a base PS4 so would like the Pro improvements without getting a Pro.
    And if Backwards Compatibility works like they say it will, then I can get rid of my PS4 before it decreases in value too much and make back some of the cost of the PS5.

But yeah after tonight's event I wasn't planning on preordering but once I saw the message that preorders were live, like I said, I just went for it with the plan to make a final decision later. Easier to preorder now and change my mind closer the time than wait and then decide closer the time that I want one and not able to get one.

So in short, I don't blame you for not being interested.

What price is PS5, just out of curiosity

What price is PS5, just out of curiosity

€500 for the disc version
    €400 for the digital edition

could be wrong but think that's the price, don't use my PS4 enough to justify buying one but maybe sometime in the future

PTH No PTH No PTH No 'Im not pre ordering it' :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I've had every console since the late 80s and I don't even know the specs of the new systems coming out. Zero interest in them. I will be building a tank of a PC however instead. PC and switch seems the way to go these days, MS games all come out on PC too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pre-ordered the PS5 today. Will get the XboxX at launch too.

I've had my PS4 and Xbone since launch date, and use them pretty intensively. It's less some mad desire to have the latest version that drives me, as it is that both are seriously showing their ages now. The PS4 sounds like a jet engine taking off. The Xbox is mostly ok, but has started developing video memory issues.

Given the use I get out of the Xbox in particular, not just on games but streaming stuff, its an easy investment for me. My Xbox tends to be on for a few hours every day. Upscaling to the new and improved one, especially now that I own a 4k TV, is a nice QoL situation now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's cool! Where did you Pre-Order? Also, any games that clinched the purchase for you?

(I've got a massive backlog on steam and on PS4 so i'll be working on that for at least the next year, lol).
    I've had every console since the late 80s and I don't even know the specs of the new systems coming out. Zero interest in them. I will be building a tank of a PC however instead. PC and switch seems the way to go these days, MS games all come out on PC too.

Freakin' NOICE! Yeah X-Box cross-release a lot of what i'd have thought exclusives, so deffo a BEEFY PC is my primary go-to. Even PS-exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn come out on PC!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Grabbed it on Amazon UK. It was the only place that hadn’t started taking preorders so the only place not sold out yet.

Trailer for Final Fantasy 16 sold it for me, but Hogwarts Legacy looks awesome too. And my brother adores the Souls games, so Demon Souls is a day one buy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I was sold on the PS5 once I saw the teaser for the new God Of War. Not going to be launch day purchase though, going to wait a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I pre-ordered the PS5 on Smyths yesterday; had no intention of getting it at launch but couldn't resist. I was always gonna get one eventually but I recently got a promotion at work so figured I'd treat myself. Plus I thought why not have something to look forward to in this miserable year.

I have a Spider-Man PS4 Pro which I intend on keeping. Would love to add a gaming PC as I got into a bit of simracing in the last 12 months but I don't have the room and couldnt validate a PS5, PS4 & PC.

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/518620081515968/posts/3788603517850925/?sfnsn=mo&extid=yIqCw9OdwEMWiVSa

Jesus what a death, no way anyone could get out of something like that alive if you fell

Advertisement