Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

All the best for 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Kinda wish I hadn't opened Twitter this morning

https://twitter.com/RTE2fm/status/1214456676910276609
    We are deeply saddened to announce the death of our dear friend & colleague Larry Gogan. RIP Larry x

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Kinda wish I hadn't opened Twitter this morning

https://twitter.com/RTE2fm/status/1214456676910276609

Gaybo, Marion and now Larry :( RIP

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gaybo, Marion and now Larry :( RIP

Once in a generation/lifetime talents, you gotta wonder who's coming through as the old school either call it a day, or sadly shuffle off this mortal coil.

Surely there's got to be some diamonds in the rough waiting to be discovered. Then again, radio is a different beast these days compared to when Gaybo, Marion & Larry were in their prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112285254#post112285254

started this thread in Rock & Metal and it might be of interest to some here. Memories of the golden days of music channels like Kerrang, Scuzz, MTV2 etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm trying to get my head around shares and stuff. Just for some fun, nothing serious.

And since WWE's stock dropped 25% last night, but Mania season is coming, I thought "**** it, why not". I don't really know a lot about stock, and I'm only playing round with €90.

But long story short, I now own a part of WWE :P I don't expect to make much (hell, I could make a loss) but I find it hilarious I know am a very, very, very, very small part-owner of the company I've followed for 25 years :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm trying to get my head around shares and stuff. Just for some fun, nothing serious.

And since WWE's stock dropped 25% last night, but Mania season is coming, I thought "**** it, why not". I don't really know a lot about stock, and I'm only playing round with €90.

But long story short, I now own a part of WWE :P I don't expect to make much (hell, I could make a loss) but I find it hilarious I know am a very, very, very, very small part-owner of the company I've followed for 25 years :D

Vince is your boss ha

Going to Hamburg next Thursday for 3 days for a stag and then the day after I get back I'm going to Tenacuous D in the 3arena

Would he not be Vince's boss? As far as my knowledge goes, isn't he's held accountable/held to account by stockholders/his board of directors.

Jesus the prices for superbowl tickets is insane
    Average price is $10000 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I've been offered corp box seats at an XFL game in Seattle in two weeks. Never been a fan of the stop/start nature of American football but might give it a go. Moving in just over a week, apartment sorted right next to the Space Needle so I'm super excited :D Tonnes to sort before then though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I've been offered corp box seats at an XFL game in Seattle in two weeks. Never been a fan of the stop/start nature of American football but might give it a go. Moving in just over a week, apartment sorted right next to the Space Needle so I'm super excited :D Tonnes to sort before then though!

When you're at a live game, it goes much faster, and they have stuff with mascots and cheerleaders, the 3 hours fly by, unless the game is ****e.......

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus the prices for superbowl tickets is insane
    Average price is $10000 or something

I'm looking forward to the ads and trailers

Happy Valentine's

Just give Liverpool the title now and be done with it. Tbf an amazing team this season with this title win going to many deserving fans who support them through tick and thin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Right so who's the lad from here on first dates?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Right so who's the lad from here on first dates?

I was just about to ask the same thing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Odd TV question maybe someone here can help me

So I have Netflix, Eir sport, Amazon (they're through phone bill), and will be adding Disney + to the list is phone and chromecast the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So I have Netflix, Eir sport, Amazon (they're through phone bill), and will be adding Disney + to the list is phone and chromecast the best option?

A firestick would probably be a better option, it has Internal memory instead of casting, plus you can add a vpn for iplayer, us netflix etc. Should be around the same price as a chromecast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Apparently Sky have reached an agreement with Disney to have a Disney + app on their Sky Q boxes also, so if you have that service, it would be available there too.

I can only get virgin to the house I'm in. I've been waiting 18+ months for Eir to upgrade the line so I could try and use sky or Eir but I'm stuck in that sense

• Advertisement

I was just about to ask the same thing

Have we a Declan on here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Barney Eastwood died today aged 87.

Only really bet for the gold cup and have the following done

(€1 EW)
    Santini
    Lostintranslation
    Presenting Percy
    Bristol De Mai
    Kemboy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only really bet for the gold cup and have the following done

(€1 EW)
    Santini
    Lostintranslation
    Presenting Percy
    Bristol De Mai
    Kemboy

E/W on Chris's Dream in the Gold Cup on Friday and tomorrow E/W on Concertista, Tornado Flyer and Livelovelaugh

Good Luck to any one having a Cheltenham flutter, need a distraction from Covid19 but everyone do take care

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    E/W on Chris's Dream in the Gold Cup on Friday and tomorrow E/W on Concertista, Tornado Flyer and Livelovelaugh

Good Luck to any one having a Cheltenham flutter, need a distraction from Covid19 but everyone do take care

Yeah a bit sick of all the doom and gloom talk of it all. I'm heading to a concert in the 3arena this day week and still none the wiser if I'll be there or not. Lot of plans for summer up in the air too . Wait and see I suppose

Not a betting man nor am I lucky but ya never knw ha

Laughing at this clip (Insert 'there coughing/sneezing' ha)

https://youtu.be/TjCuXlNuW4c

th?id=OIP.pRgx97fijr25GoBkrhtcDAHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Lá fhéile Pádraig sona dhuit

2 days away from Doom: Eternal being released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Evening lads. Long time no post but decided to get WWE Network tonight for few drinks.

Hope ye all are keeping safe.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Evening lads. Long time no post but decided to get WWE Network tonight for few drinks.

Hope ye all are keeping safe.

DB now theres a blast from the past! How you Keeping Man? Hope you’re keeping well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Loughc wrote: »
    DB now theres a blast from the past! How you Keeping Man? Hope you’re keeping well.

Feel guilty for saying it but I'm actually doing really well. Started a dream job just before the the middle of last month and have been told in no uncertain terms that we're essential to the healthcare sector. Really busy but so lucky to be working. Loved ones all good so far and everybody doing their best to stay healthy (bar lots of boozing).

Hope you're going well Lough!

Advertisement