Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bob Dylan is top of a US Billboard charts with his first number 1 ever on any of the Billboard charts.

He is there with this 17 minute song.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,041 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bob Dylan is top of a US Billboard charts with his first number 1 ever on any of the Billboard charts.

He is there with this 17 minute song.

that end thats triva question 'Which famous artist never had a number 1 on the billboard charts ?'

saw him last year in Kilkenny, enjoyed it but its different

Any tech heads

Speakers in my laptop stopped working. Tried uninstalling and installing the sound drivers and still nothing. Anyone knw another fix that is not a hammer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,641 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Have a great safe Easter weekend everyone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Posted this in the draft thread 2 days ago. It's now up to 70 subscribers, 51,000+ views and 260 comments.
    Anyone here understand Youtube analytics ? This one surprised me

You might have noticed a Youtube video in my build up show called The Worst of WWF in 10mins. I actually made that video about 4 years ago by crudely chopping together different videos for this draft. I ended up not getting the roster I had planned on getting (Hogan, Vince, Pattterson, Snuka etc) so never used it until this year. It has just sat on youtube with about 10 views for those 4 years.

I posted it on the draft thread this year (and nowhere else) on the 23rd of last month... the exact time the video started getting more views. Suddenly the past few days I keep getting emails telling me I have new subscribers (had 0 prior to this) despite the fact that every other video of mine is even older than that one and worse made, back from the boards Efed days.

Now I have 57 subscribers, the video has 174 Comments on it (up from zero ha) and 37,394 views!
    200.gif

edit: might as well include the video

Anyone know why a 4 year old video would suddenly get this action? why an account with nothing else of note other than a 4 year old would get so many people subscribing to it too? Has me quite confused.

Makes me laugh reading the comments though... "why is JR in this he wasn't even in the WWF when that was filmed?"... real answer: umm cos I was considering picking him in a fantasy WWE draft game and he would be a dirty auld fecker in the storyline if I did :pac:

• Advertisement

Yesterday I deleted a post talking about a perceived problem on the board and the moderation of said issue / the board. I didn't just try to hide this though because I did pm the poster and now I am posting this.

This post had recieved iirc 2 thanks so perhaps others agreed with this and the poster of this post also said that he had been discussing this issue with others via PM who agreed with him. Despite this I believe the issue mentioned had only seen one reported post on the matter despite being described as an on going situation.

Mod Note:

If you have an issue with something posted on the forum. Report it. If a few people agree something is dodgy, those people should report it. If this actions repeats or if you believe the moderators are not taking action feel free to report when it is repeated or to go over the mods heads to the paid boards staff.

If issues are not reported they may be missed, if something is reported by more than one person it is less likely to be missed. I for one have no issue either with people going over my head as a mod.

I've stated on here recently that I have a newborn kid and I live in Taiwan so my time differences make me miss things so you can be pretty sure I am not reading everything on the board atm.

I'd laugh if the premier league was voided and Liverpools wait goes on

In terms of fairness I think they should be awarded the title. The best team in the league all year (coming from a Man Utd supporter)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »

In terms of fairness I think they should be awarded the title. The best team in the league all year (coming from a Man Utd supporter)

A league title win with an asterisk next to it isn’t a league title win imo.

It’s the equivalent of having Jericho and Chyna co-intercontinental champions.

Yesterday I deleted a post talking about a perceived problem on the board and the moderation of said issue / the board. I didn't just try to hide this though because I did pm the poster and now I am posting this.

I've stated on here recently that I have a newborn kid and I live in Taiwan so my time differences make me miss things so you can be pretty sure I am not reading everything on the board atm.

I'm not sure what was the post but I always find this forum cool and easy, good banter and support when needed, no hostility or negativity

How's being a daddy going BH, what have you again, boy or girl, name?

This is a strange time that is affecting everyone differently, all take care

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

sssshhhhh they may hear you!

The soccer forum is enough of an unholy sh!t show - no need to bring that toxicity over here!

Now, If you will excuse me, I just used the word toxicity which means I have to go listen to System of a Down

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what was the post but I always find this forum cool and easy, good banter and support when needed, no hostility or negativity

How's being a daddy going BH, what have you again, boy or girl, name?

This is a strange time that is affecting everyone differently, all take care

Apart from the Lack of sleep it's going pretty well, I've got a young lad called Cian, which seems to confuse everyone here even though I thought out of all the confusing Irish names out there Ian with a C sound before it would be straight forward enough.

It's been weird with no school shut downs, no lockdowns/quarantines etc (being busy as hell at work) plus a new born when most people I know are online talking about being bored out of their minds watching netflix 24/7!
    ... but yeah no matter your situation keep safe all!

Bird pooped on my shoes yesterday so as the tradtion says that means good luck went in to the shop and bought a quick pick for tonights lotto draw and guess what ???

Won sweet **** all

fecking bastard of a bird :D

Apart from the Lack of sleep it's going pretty well, I've got a young lad called Cian, which seems to confuse everyone here even though I thought out of all the confusing Irish names out there Ian with a C sound before it would be straight forward enough.

It's been weird with no school shut downs, no lockdowns/quarantines etc (being busy as hell at work) plus a new born when most people I know are online talking about being bored out of their minds watching netflix 24/7!
    ... but yeah no matter your situation keep safe all!

So how soon will you be teaching Cian about wrestling :p

I thought Taiwan was in China or very near so has it no lockdown or much Covid cases :o:confused:

Take Care

So how soon will you be teaching Cian about wrestling :p

I thought Taiwan was in China or very near so has it no lockdown or much Covid cases :o:confused:

Take Care

Wrestling is on the list, the lil fellah already had an Irish Rugby jersey :pac:

Taiwan is 100% an independent country in everything but recognition by most of the world (aka the countries who don't want to p!ss off China). Hell there are even massive parades celebrating what is essentially Taiwan's independence day every 10/10 but China just turns a blind eye to it. In fact it was /is a kind of ongoing international incident that Taiwan was (still is) excluded from the WHO (world health organization) because Taiwan could have shared it's medical info with them and the world but instead they ignored them due to the WHOs ties to China and repeated it was part of China.

New Zealand for example, a country many claim to be the shining light in terms of their dealing with the Covid19 scenario actually followed taiwan's lead with regards a lot of things. Here is one article (only googled for 2 seconds although most publications avoid the Taiwan issue altogether) that mentions it.

One of the big things is that Taiwan didn't believe a word coming out of China at the offset of the situation (unlike most due to Taiwan's past and ongoing issues with China) this lead to Taiwan insisting on having medical teams on the ground in Wuhan last december. As a result of this they shut off flights from Wuhan when the government in China were still massively suppressing information about the virus to other nations.

At that point China and the WHO were still repeating that the virus could not be spread person to person. This made most countries more lax with regards enforcing restrictions on China, air travel etc than Taiwan
    0o3tvpY.png

and this is one of the main reasons that right now despite being the closest country to China and having much of it's population working in China in the same way Ireland does in England the current number of cases in Taiwan is 440, with 361 recovered and only 6 deaths.

Compare that to the 1,446 deaths from Covid in Ireland!

Actually a lot of the actual reported cases in Taiwan came from a second wave due to Taiwanese returning from Europe and America where the disease had already spread to on a large scale.

This video is slightly propaganda (at least in the way it's presented) but it's all true and sums the situation of the country and the Covid situation up very simply

Although it is slightly out of date as there have been more days of ZERO cases and many more million masks sent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Always great when you see four months worth of work go up in smoke.

Wind just knocked down my greenhouse, pretty much killing all the peppers, strawberries and tomatos I'd been growing recently. :/

Enjoy the scorching weekend, all within 5km distance

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

America is shagged altogether.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    America is shagged altogether.

We had to cancel our holidays to Orlando this year cause of the virus, but god damn, am I not devestated when I see the utter **** show thats developing over there currently.

Its massively sad though. I adore America, and I'd love to move there some day....but between the left/right divide, their awful medicare system, the racism....it's really sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Well lads! So I moved here to Seattle mid February and what a time to move :o Had two normal weeks so thankfully was able to get all the necessary furniture and whatnot setup.

Yesterday was pretty crazy, I was up on Capitol Hill and could see smoke billowing out of downtown. They set a whole bunch of cop cars on fire and even stole guns from the cars. Tonnes of shops looted and they shut down the entire highway cos there was so many people. And Washington is considered one of the "better" states.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not to drag politics into the wrestling forum (even though it's the off-topic thread) but from the outside looking in there is a 100k+ dead from Covid over there, there is nationwide riots and the leader is supposedly in a bunker shouting on Twitter in block capitals. It's fascinating to look at from afar but thank fúck it's from afar.

Can you imagine Varadkar shouting and roaring on Twitter?

• Advertisement

Not to drag politics into the wrestling forum (even though it's the off-topic thread) but from the outside looking in there is a 100k+ dead from Covid over there, there is nationwide riots and the leader is supposedly in a bunker shouting on Twitter in block capitals. It's fascinating to look at from afar but thank fúck it's from afar.

He prefers to get half naked in a public park and not social distance lol

America is ****ed atm and is like something from a film

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's an absolute cluster**** over there right now, for lack of a better description.

Covid19 and social distancing seems to be forgot with the cop killings and riots, it is scary watching

I'm happy we have Kylie loving Leo in charge here than Trump

Covid19 and social distancing seems to be forgot with the cop killings and riots, it is scary watching

I'm happy we have Kylie loving Leo in charge here than Trump

Is this trumps last year unless he gets reelected which is a big possibility knowing the americans

Is this trumps last year unless he gets reelected which is a big possibility knowing the americans

Yeah, he's into the last 5 months of his first term. I'd say every country will be watching the U.S Election on November 3rd with interest regarding the result.

Can Biden take him down, I think if Cuomo or Mrs. Obama ran they would get in

• Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trump will win again sadly for America and the rest of world.

He and the Republicans are already trying to openly rig the elections to favour him.

Trump will win again sadly for America and the rest of world.

He and the Republicans are already trying to openly rig the elections to favour him.

After what he more or less wink, wink nudge nudged at his base in his speech this morning with the 2nd Amendment, and the not so subtle mention, (but not actually invoking) of the Insurrection Act of 1807, he's pouring more petrol on an already volatile situation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can Biden take him down, I think if Cuomo or Mrs. Obama ran they would get in

Yea id say its going to be close but it wouldnt surprise me if Trump wins once again even after the way he has handled the Covid and now the shooting of Floyd. Sure the only reason he wanted churches open was because thats a massive demographic of his voters.

I can see Michelle going for the 2024 election, apparently Bidens popularity has increased in some areas according to an article that was released over the weekend but then again a lot of polls said Hillary would win in 2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think this time people won't rely on others to vote. Wasn't the problem last time that people thought Trump would lose and so didn't bother voting? Same as happened with Brexit.
    At least I think that was the excuse given.

Advertisement