Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Apparently Patrick left the court via a side entrance and sped off on the back of a waiting motorbike.

Mago picking him up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

mynamejeff wrote: »
    you know how you can tell some one is a real gangsta ?

you get shot in the face with a rusty gun by a coked up teenager for 200 euro and a push on debt forgiveness.

your funeral gets attended by a load of cowards who sold you out and wouldn't work in a fit and who run home to their mammy's every time the cops come through the door

at the end of the day most of your money ends up being paid to a pos hiding in a foreign country and you get 10 euro for every bag you sell

and some plonker on a thread on boards pretends he knew ya when you dead

Word. I didn't choose the game yo. The game chose me. Later dawg, me ma's doing fish fingers and jam sandwiches for me lunch back in her gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Apparently Patrick left the court via a side entrance and sped off on the back of a waiting motorbike.

Jesus could they not find any safer mode of transport, maybe like an army tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Why would a dead copper stop a case?

This is a very strange outcome.

The evidence obviously became compromised in some way and the Det Supt was put in a very difficult position. Beyond that I don’t think we’ll know for a long time what exactly happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

ParkRunner wrote: »
    The evidence obviously became compromised in some way and the Det Supt was put in a very difficult position. Beyond that I don’t think we’ll know for a long time what exactly happened

Come on. He took notes. He must have been to briefings. They had cctv and other evidence. Him being alive is irrelevant.

Ireland is heading towards a lawless society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Jesus could they not find any safer mode of transport, maybe like an army tank.

Can you imagine if the bike driver was switched to one of the Byrne's prior to the pickup? :eek: Well, they were ahead of the posse with the banners this morning!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Liveline discussing this today some of those outside the court might be on

If we are confused now about what happened wait til Joe is finished with it, so to speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Come on. He took notes. He must have been to briefings. They had cctv and other evidence. Him being alive is irrelevant.

His death is obviously very relevant in this case, and in particular whatever happened regarding the evidence in the lead up to his death

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

You obviously haven't been paying attention to this case.

ParkRunner wrote: »
    His death is obviously very relevant in this case, and in particular whatever happened regarding the evidence in the lead up to his death

The answer must be in those notes, everything changed when the prosecution brought those notes forward to the court

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

So the states prosecution counsel noted that the state had an obligation to ensure the trial proceeded fairly and because of the death of the lead investigator they could no longer do that, now why would that be........

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    You obviously haven't been paying attention to this case.

No I haven’t as I don’t follow gangland stuff. I’m not getting much of an explanation here either, or from the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

No I haven’t as I don’t follow gangland stuff. I’m not getting much of an explanation here either, or from the papers.

If you don't follow Gangland why are you looking for Info here? :confused:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

If you don't follow Gangland why are you looking for Info here? :confused:

Because a trial has collapsed for no apparent reason and this is the only thread on it.

Still not getting any explanation.

No one knows thats why

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

What cctv had they of Patrick Hutch?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Because a trial has collapsed for no apparent reason and this is the only thread on it.

You are unlikely to either, gangland journalists are very close to the Police so it’s unlikely that whatever was going on here will come into the public domain, perhaps in years to come, the whole regency affair has been a tragedy, so many deaths from one incident that still rumbles on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Dead man walking.
    League of Ireland team trying to take out Champions League Team. Could ever only be one result.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

He's probably gone straight to his local to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

He's probably gone straight to his local to celebrate.

He might be meeting you soon

• Advertisement

He might be meeting you soon

Hopefully not. Am I right in saying this lad had no criminal record before the crap began?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I see a tribunal coming....

Basically....

- Prosecution case relied soley on a photograph which allegedly showed the accused (dressed as a woman) at the scene with a gun

- Only 2 Guards identified the accused out of nearly 100 shown the photo

- The defence requested emails from the lead investigator to other Gadai

- Lead investigator kills himself. Leaves note pertaining to the case

- Case collapses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Indeed Walnuts that's what I took from it too.

The trial was stalled this time last year over the disclosure by the prosecution of emails between four gardaí.

Interesting that the Independent has published a story of todays case with the unredacted photo outside the Regency.

Regency-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

STB. wrote: »
    Indeed Walnuts that's what I took from it too.

The trial was stalled this time last year over the disclosure by the prosecution of emails between four gardaí.

Interesting that the Independent has published a story of todays case with the unredacted photo outside the Regency.

Regency-1.jpg

Always wondered who the people were in the background of that photo??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/his-life-is-not-in-danger-from-us-david-byrnes-family-reacts-as-patrick-hutch-walks-free-from-court-37835054.html

Mrs Byrne said:
    "No one wants to listen to me. Nobody."
    and
    "His life is not in danger from us."

I'm guessing only one of those statements is true.

Always wondered who the people were in the background of that photo??

I always wondered the same. And the two with the guns are running towards the main entrance of the hotel, you would think they would be running the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

The nolle prosequi ruling today will have huge implications. First of all for the gardai because it basically suggests that if the leading garda in a serious crime investigation dies then there's a good possibility the case against the accused will be dismissed. The mafia have a long history of eliminating members of law enforcement and the judiciary in order to achieve the same result, so how long before Irish gangsters take that approach given the perceived benefits to them.

The other issue is for the state and judiciary. How and why a case can fall due to the death of one garda is beyond comprehension. Witness and photographic evidence should have been sufficient to obtain ruling without evidence of one leading garda.

Then you have the ramifications on the streets. This verdict will just antagonise those in gangland circles. You can expect retaliation sadly.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Basically....

- Prosecution case relied soley on a photograph which allegedly showed the accused (dressed as a woman) at the scene with a gun

- Only 2 Guards identified the accused out of nearly 100 shown the photo

- The defence requested emails from the lead investigator to other Gadai

- Lead investigator kills himself. Leaves note pertaining to the case

- Case collapses

Good points. So if it was the case that these emails proved that guards discussed the identity of the man dressed in drag, would that be enough to collapse the case??

• Advertisement

Good points. So if it was the case that these emails proved that guards discussed the identity of the man dressed in drag, would that be enough to collapse the case??

Almost certainly I imagine.

But I'm not going to pretend I know what was in those emails.

Certain amount of reading inbetween the lines and reasonable conclusions can be made though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement