Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭filmifan

Thanks, Melia and Rubadub. You're right, as is my hubby. I am getting way too caught up and way too stressed, and, as he's pointed out (no pun intended but I smiled when I just wrote that - very sad!), a bit too OCD.

What started out as me just being curious evolved into me being shocked and then stressed when I read the 5 1/2 points value for the cream cheese. What's done is done, and I did enjoy every bite of it, and I have all day today, tomorrow and Wednesday to undo whatever little damage those one or two extra points might've done (probably none at all).

Now that I know this forum is here, I'll be returning to it regularly. I promise, though, that I won't be as hung up about points as I was last night.

Have a good week, everyone, and a great weigh-in.

Less stressed in south Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Glad you're less stressed anyway! I think when you eat out you need to accept that that you'll never know 100% how many points are in it. All you can do is be careful and make good choices and perhaps save some points from other days. It's not worth getting too worried about. We're all a bit naughty sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭filmifan

Thanks again, Watna, Melia and rubadub, for helping to de-stress me, and for the words of kindness and encouragement.

This is a great site, and a big 'thank you' to the moderators.

Way less stressed in south Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

When I started out counting calories, I was way too focused on figuring out the exact number I was eating. It just takes up so much time and effort and it's not worth it.

watna is right, when eating out you'll never know the exact number of points/calories you're consuming. All you can do is estimate and move on. You will have those stomach-flipping moments when you realise just how bad that doughnut/sandwich/takeaway was that you didn't bother counting before you ate - but you'll know for again. I promise you a couple of points either way won't affect your weigh in. I know it's so easy to get caught up in it when you're starting out though!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭triny

Hi folks

Just went by the thread name and thought u might be able to help?

Is hummous a good food or a bad one, i know everything in moderation but say spread over some toast, (a slice of bread) How many points are we talking?

Sorry if its off topic?:o

• Advertisement

triny wrote: »
    Hi folks

Just went by the thread name and thought u might be able to help?

Is hummous a good food or a bad one, i know everything in moderation but say spread over some toast, (a slice of bread) How many points are we talking?

Sorry if its off topic?:o

I just had a tablespoon of hummous with my lunch (yummy) and it was 1 point. My book says half a point for a tablespoon (it's the Aus/NZ book but I'm sure it's similar) but most of the brands are actuslly 1 points when you work it out yourself.

My book also says you can get low fat hummous but I've never seen it in NZ. I've made my own though and that's quite low points too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Anyone happen to know offhand how many points are in (a) one Weetabix and (b) two slices of McCambridges soda bread?

(I have to admit, I'm just being lazy by not working out my Weetabix points from the box, but as for the bread I threw out the packaging and can't find out online what the saturated fat is to work out points!)

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I'm fairly sure a slice of McCambridges bread is 1 point and a half...
    maybe somebody can clarify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

hyperbaby wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure a slice of McCambridges bread is 1 point and a half...
    maybe somebody can clarify?

Yep as far as I know it works out at around a point and a half. Best bet is to weigh it though, if ya can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Anyone happen to know offhand how many points are in (a) one Weetabix and (b) two slices of McCambridges soda bread?
    Most info is online
    Typical Composition

Each Slice (38g) provides

100g provides

Energy

358kJ /85.5 kcal

942kJ/225kcal

Protein

2.77g

7.3g

Carbohydrate
    of which sugars

16.87g
    Not detected

44.39g
    Not detected

Fat
    of which saturates

0.65g
    0.16g

http://www.mccambridge.ie/product1.asp?pagename=product

on the weetabix site too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Weetabix are one point per biscuit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

guys i need your help i cant find out how much is in a large bottle of smirnoff ice, i only know its 70cl whatever that is

I have calculated it at 8 pts because 100ml equals to 60 cals and i think 70cl is also 700ml so hope its 8, i haven't drank since jan and i hate beer urghh the taste

what would be a suitable alternative?? cause alcho pops are wayyy too high and i cant stand beer at all, wish i liked coors light or bulmers light but i cant hold it at all

any advice because im on holiday down the country and the OH wants us to have a few while were here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Full of sugar, so probably a lot.
    Best drinks I've heard to get are vodka & diet coke [1.5 each] or you could have a bottle of wine [about 9%] for 8 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Hi guys
    Can someone please help me with the points in 3 wheatabix and skimmed milk?
    I bought them on the way to work so i wasn't able to weigh them

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

hiya, today is my 2nd day pointing. think it probably takes a bit of getting used to. Just wondering if anyone can tell me out to work out points for madarin/satuma.

thanks

Hi Corasam :)

1/2 a point

Good luck with weight watchers, it takes some getting used to but you'll be flying along in no time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Snackie

good luck

getting into it a bit now, just hope I've gone down a little when have my first weight in since starting on weds. i think i've stayed well within my points, but little afriad my calculations are all wrong!! we'll see wednesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

How many points are in a measure of vodka and a measure of bacardi?? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Myself and the other half were talking about how we'd love some 99's today. got me thinking how do ya point a 99?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭chunkykate

Pembily wrote: »
    How many points are in a measure of vodka and a measure of bacardi?? thanks
    1.5 pts in a pub measure!

Myself and the other half were talking about how we'd love some 99's today. got me thinking how do ya point a 99?!?!?!

Think my leader said it was 6 points if you don't know the person making the cone and 9 if you do :P ie 9 pts for a large '99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

ouch! but oh so worth it as a lil treat sometime!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hi guys

I'm sure it has been mentioned before but could anyone tell me how many points is in a baguette u get in a deli? It's says in my book its 5 points for half a one this cant be true can it :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Yep 8-10 points for a baguette! That's without any toppings! It's literally a no go! Waste of points!

Just go for a wrap or bread instead. Or make your own lunch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Yep 8-10 points for a baguette! That's without any toppings! It's literally a no go! Waste of points!

Just go for a wrap or bread instead. Or make your own lunch! :)

Cheers Jwacqui

Oh god I've feck all points left for the day now:eek: I've learnt my lesson the hard way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Hi, This is my 1st post, I came across this thread yesterday and have spent loads of time looking over all the comments, its great!
    Just wondering would anyone know how many points are in 125ml of cream? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭kaykay27

hi guys just started weight watchers tonight and to be honest im a bit stressed bout working out the points (i dont want to carry the book round with me all day) sooooooooooooo cld anyone give me a quick calculation that i could use to work out points in my head...

i.e how would i work out the points for something that had 125 kcal and 2 grams sat fat??thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

just wondering if anyone knows how many points are in those Cracotte things???

• Advertisement

ali85 wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone knows how many points are in those Cracotte things???

They are 0.5 pts each or you can have 3 for one point;)

kaykay27 wrote: »
    hi guys just started weight watchers tonight and to be honest im a bit stressed bout working out the points (i dont want to carry the book round with me all day) sooooooooooooo cld anyone give me a quick calculation that i could use to work out points in my head...

i.e how would i work out the points for something that had 125 kcal and 2 grams sat fat??thanks

There is an online calculator here http://points.ogo.ms/ so that item above has 2.5 pts.

There is a calculation you can do in your head as well but I can't remember it. If I come across it, I'll post it up.

After a week, you'll be well used to the points in the usual things you have every day, like milk, bread etc. Stick with it!

chunkykate wrote: »
    There is an online calculator here http://points.ogo.ms/ so that item above has 2.5 pts.

There is a calculation you can do in your head as well but I can't remember it. If I come across it, I'll post it up.

After a week, you'll be well used to the points in the usual things you have every day, like milk, bread etc. Stick with it!

Think the forumla is kcals/70 + sat fat/4 = Points

so
    125/70 = 1.78, round to 2
    2/4 = 0.5
    so 2.5 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Good Evening all.

I am thinking of joining WW - currently I am 10st 12lbs:(

Would they accept me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Hiya, just looking at my book, 10;12 is the minimum joining weight if you are 6ft so if you are shorter than that yes they will accept you.

Perfect, thank you. I am 5ft 4 and 10;12

• Advertisement

Good stuff & good luck. I'm 5'3 and was 11'7 when I started June 09, now 9'9 :) and have my gold card since October.

Thanks hun! So nervous about actually going in :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

What about a chicken and bacon caesar salad from a restaurant?! contains croutons and a tiny bit of parmesan..

sorry to tell you this but it could be 18pts :eek: or even more counting the bacon!!!! The sauce is so so so bad and then the cheese and croutons just add to it. Ceasar is never a good option unless you make your own :)

Perfect, thank you. I am 5ft 4 and 10;12

I joined at 5ft 3 and 63KG (9st 12). Actually 63Kg was the exact point I crossed over to being overweight from healthy according to BMI stats (an WW who give who a healthy weight range. For my height it's 52Kg - 63KG).

I've lost 12 pounds now and am 9st exactly. I have another 1Kg (2 lbs) to go until my goal weight. It's made such a difference to my figure and most of all, my confidence.

Best of luck - it'll be great for you. It's done wonders for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

gaoife wrote: »
    sorry to tell you this but it could be 18pts :eek: or even more counting the bacon!!!! The sauce is so so so bad and then the cheese and croutons just add to it. Ceasar is never a good option unless you make your own :)

Are you serious????

Can someone please clarify this...

I've been eating them every day thinking they'll be a lot less fattening than a sambo.. :(

Hi

Yep it's true actually came up in our meeting the other day
    The dressing has oil, mayo and egg yolks normally thats why it's so bad for you. then the cheese, chicken and bacon on top plus the crutons are usually make with oil also thats why they are so crispy.
    The eating out guide may have the exact points for the restaraunt i have it at home and can check for you what restaraunt is it?

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Are you serious????

Can someone please clarify this...

I've been eating them every day thinking they'll be a lot less fattening than a sambo.. :(

Think the caesar salad in tgi's is 10points and eddie rockets one is 7.5points. I tend to ask for no croutons and cheese that will help lower points.

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Think the caesar salad in tgi's is 10points and eddie rockets one is 7.5points. I tend to ask for no croutons and cheese that will help lower points.

Have a look here for the diff eating out points
    http://ukladyluck.co.uk/?s=caesar+salad&x=0&y=0

Have a look here for the diff eating out points
    http://ukladyluck.co.uk/?s=caesar+salad&x=0&y=0

Caesar in TGI's is 9.5 points, wasn't far off.

That site is english so missing a few places.

I find it best to go onto the restaurants website and see if they have nutritional information then point it! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Hey

anyone have any idea whats in a Mc don sweet chilli chicken wrap. I chose thinking the lighter option but may have been stupidly duped by the picture on the wall. Anyway it had no calorific stuff on the wrapper to even put it into the calculator thingy. Tried their website but keeps freezing on page 1. Kinda hungry now too but dont wanna eat anything till I found out how badly i chose !! Even my sons cheeseburger was looking at me saying EAT ME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Thanks xx

What a waste of points ... Would have been better have a bigmac at least would have been full after wasting a ton of points ... will know for future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Hey

anyone have any idea whats in a Mc don sweet chilli chicken wrap. I chose thinking the lighter option but may have been stupidly duped by the picture on the wall. Anyway it had no calorific stuff on the wrapper to even put it into the calculator thingy. Tried their website but keeps freezing on page 1. Kinda hungry now too but dont wanna eat anything till I found out how badly i chose !! Even my sons cheeseburger was looking at me saying EAT ME

I pointed it at 12 because at the back of the wrapper they give you the website to check the nutritional info, I forget it now but the wraps are 12 overall :( maybe I'm wrong but thats what I got

Hello,

anyone know the points or weight of a classic dairymilk? u know the average one u get, in the gold foil and then purple wrapper. Had a slip yesterday and now want to point it but the wrappers are different on the cadburys website, think it's bigger than the 49g bar on the cadburys site but wasn't as big as the 230g.

thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement