Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

stiofan85 wrote: »
    Congratulations :)

Can't advise on the cover for the heat pump unfortunately. Can you give any advice on the blips? Anything avoidable?!

If anyone needs one of these covers I have a brand new unused one that's not needed for sale on adverts and will sell at a discounted price. I am up the road in Rush too. Just PM me if interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Driveways and footpath going into the first few on the North side of the drive. Anyone on the thread in that lot? Should be snagging soon I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CPC1234

Driveways and footpath going into the first few on the North side of the drive. Anyone on the thread in that lot? Should be snagging soon I imagine

Thank you so much was just wondering what the situation was ... getting very excited now

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mchurc01

Was just out there too, they're coming on great. yep we're moving into that patch.
    I have to say the back wall is looking very close to the house in the parts it's up already - does anyone else feel the same if you've seen it ?
    Hard to know the real size from behind the site fence but thought & hoped it would be bigger than it appeared to me anyway

mchurc01 wrote: »
    Was just out there too, they're coming on great. yep we're moving into that patch.
    I have to say the back wall is looking very close to the house in the parts it's up already - does anyone else feel the same if you've seen it ?
    Hard to know the real size from behind the site fence but thought & hoped it would be bigger than it appeared to me anyway

We are further down and I thought the same about the back wall. On the plans the it looked further away. F*ck all we can do at this point I guess though.

We are further down and I thought the same about the back wall. On the plans the it looked further away. F*ck all we can do at this point I guess though.

Looks that way alright....checked through the contract & nothing helpful in there. We have to accept it or find somewhere else.
    Ah well, with the beach down the road etc. it's not the worst scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrsHegsy

jester1980 wrote: »
    We are in since Sept and got the under sink bin, something so small my wife wanted but its great, 3 way bin that pulls in and out, works perfect and highly recommend.

Jester is your bin under sink or in a full press? We were in on sat and told no undersink option, don’t really fancy giving up a double press for the bin!

MrsHegsy wrote: »
    Jester is your bin under sink or in a full press? We were in on sat and told no undersink option, don’t really fancy giving up a double press for the bin!

Yeah you're right, it's a full press. I said under sink because that's what we have now. If you want just under sink get the Ikea bins. They're half the height. That's what we have now and they're grand. We went for the larger version because the recycling one tends to fill very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Yeah its just under sink, we got from the kitchen company and one of Gordons guys installed it, its a small bin with 3 compatments, larger one for recyling which takes up 50% and other two parts 25%

we didnt want a big bin and didnt want one showing in the kitchen.

Works fine for us last 6 months anyway,.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Just out of curiosity, what other changes to the original plans/specifications have people asked for? It's our first house so we're not really sure what amendments we can make

• Advertisement

We only changed items in the kitchen, changed the color of what the showhouse was, changed the countertop color as well as wife hated that, and then added the bin and an ironing board to one of the drawers.

Just out of curiosity, what other changes to the original plans/specifications have people asked for? It's our first house so we're not really sure what amendments we can make

We added some spot lights in the kitchen, outside lights to the side, lights in the wardrobe, power for a shed, lighting for the kitchen cabinets and a light switch beside the bed in the master bedroom. Electrical plan seems to have enough sockets so didn't ask for anymore.

In the kitchen it was the larder, under counter bin (the big one) and a wine rack. We were happy enough with the colour and the countertop.

We added some spot lights in the kitchen, outside lights to the side, lights in the wardrobe, power for a shed, lighting for the kitchen cabinets and a light switch beside the bed in the master bedroom. Electrical plan seems to have enough sockets so didn't ask for anymore.

In the kitchen it was the larder, under counter bin (the big one) and a wine rack. We were happy enough with the colour and the countertop.

Hi .. I was just wondering who is doing this for you as we emailed the electrician and never received a reply

jester1980 wrote: »
    We only changed items in the kitchen, changed the color of what the showhouse was, changed the countertop color as well as wife hated that, and then added the bin and an ironing board to one of the drawers.

Hi jester..

Did ckb.. provide the ironing board... I asked about it however they said they didn’t do it .

Thanks

CPC1234 wrote: »
    Hi .. I was just wondering who is doing this for you as we emailed the electrician and never received a reply

It's the electrician Gordon put me in touch with. Chris I think. He was going into my unit that week so perhaps he's going by whatever units he's working on that week?

Hi jester..

Did ckb.. provide the ironing board... I asked about it however they said they didn’t do it .

Thanks

Yep they did it for us, well they ordered it and we let Gordon know and he installed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KB1980

Maybe an odd question but just wondering where people store towels as there is no storage for them where the heating tank is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadch12

KB1980 wrote: »
    Maybe an odd question but just wondering where people store towels as there is no storage for them where the heating tank is.
    Hi there shelved were installed in there for when we moved in

Sineadch12 wrote: »

Thanks for that. We have no shelves and with the size of the boiler/tank in there I didn't even think shelves could fit!

• Advertisement

we asked for shelves also, three small wooden ones that hold towels perfect

any chance of a photo? I forgot to look in the HP in the show house.

I saw some of the houses on Rahillion Walk are completed. Anyone on the thread moving into them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Are people getting engineer reports done? There is a structural guarantee with a new build obviously but I'm getting conflicting advice.

Brego888 wrote: »
    Are people getting engineer reports done? There is a structural guarantee with a new build obviously but I'm getting conflicting advice.

Not getting a survey - they're visual only and don't go deep enough into the building fabric. To get a full survey you'd need a much deeper and invasive on the structure.

On a new build everything is signed off - I believe new building regs require you to receive a "pack" of certs. The engineer who designed the build will be on the hook for any defects, including, I believe, Homebond.

The snagging process should pick up anything visual anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadch12

Hi there pls see attached for a photo

I saw some of the houses on Rahillion Walk are completed. Anyone on the thread moving into them?

Hi there pls see attached for a photo

Thank you. Looks neat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Anna777

Can anyone who has moved in let me know how long the snagging process takes; just trying to gauge timings now that we are (finally) on the home stretch. Thanks in advance.

Anyone heard more news on move in dates for the way?

Can anyone recommend somewhere that provides made to measure mirrors (for bathroom)

Anyone heard more news on move in dates for the way?

We've been told we're delayed by a month from June to July. We're on the Way. Was up there today. The houses at the end of the Drive are complete by the looks of things. Progress... Slow progress

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ryanf4

Any idea why there is a delay? Thought things were looking good when we spike to Gordon a couple of weeks back. Dying to move in! We are the Way too.

• Advertisement

Ryanf4 wrote: »
    Any idea why there is a delay? Thought things were looking good when we spike to Gordon a couple of weeks back. Dying to move in! We are the Way too.

No details. Like you we're eager to get in. We've lined up selling our current home around moving in so that's now off the cards. Not unexpected tbh.

Another poster a while back said they got in after a lot of small setbacks beyond Gordon's control. I imagine solicitors, ESB, Irish water are all variables they cannot control.

Not looking forward to moving twice in one summer (to rental then Rahillion), but sure that's life

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ryanf4

Oh god that’s annoying for you! Hopefully there won’t be too much of a delay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Anyone have any recommendations for someone who does blinds? Looking at both shutter and Roman type blinds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Brego888 wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations for someone who does blinds? Looking at both shutter and Roman type blinds.

I’m in Donabate, not in Rahillion. I got plantation shutters for the front and blinds for the back in New Hampshire Blinds in monkstown. They came out and measured up all the windows when the builders weee still in and gave us a quote. They had the blinds in after a few days but the shutters have about a 6 week lead time.

We’ve had them over a year now and have to say they’ve been great. We will probably use them for Radiator covers too.

We've been told we're delayed by a month from June to July. We're on the Way. Was up there today. The houses at the end of the Drive are complete by the looks of things. Progress... Slow progress

Stiofan do you know if the way is split between two phases? We were told more August/September so I don’t want to get my hopes up and think July!! God help us moving twice flipping nightmare! We’ve moved four times in five years up to finally buying and we’re still not good at it!!!

Stiofan do you know if the way is split between two phases? We were told more August/September so I don’t want to get my hopes up and think July!! God help us moving twice flipping nightmare! We’ve moved four times in five years up to finally buying and we’re still not good at it!!!

I think we are phase 3 and you're phase 4. Our unit is built and by the looks of things should have the blockwork done in the next few weeks. The rest of the Way is just foundations and riser walls. I think it's about 6 months from that stage to completion which would line up with September. Like you we're eager to get in and I've been keeping a close eye on progress as we've a lot to line up in terms of dates and temporary accommodation.

TBH, I'd doubt September is realistic but only Gordon can give you guidance and even then it's better to be cautious and not commit to moving out of your current place if you can avoid it.

I think we are phase 3 and you're phase 4. Our unit is built and by the looks of things should have the blockwork done in the next few weeks. The rest of the Way is just foundations and riser walls. I think it's about 6 months from that stage to completion which would line up with September. Like you we're eager to get in and I've been keeping a close eye on progress as we've a lot to line up in terms of dates and temporary accommodation.

TBH, I'd doubt September is realistic but only Gordon can give you guidance and even then it's better to be cautious and not commit to moving out of your current place if you can avoid it.

That was meant to be god help ye moving twice! It’ll be very exciting hearing the start of the way is moving in!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

We were up with Gordon a couple of weeks back and they were able to give us a rough guide as to when we'll move in, it's definitely worth talking to him if you're trying to estimate when to move out, they seem to have a works schedule for each house. We're lucky that our landlord is flexible about the move out date. We were estimating June/July but Gordon said it'll be snagging in July and moving in early August

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lynnmcgowan

Stiofan,

I am on the Walk. It was lonely for the first few weeks but 2 houses across from us moved in the last couple of weeks. The rest are empty for now but ready.

Stiofan,

I am on the Walk. It was lonely for the first few weeks but 2 houses across from us moved in the last couple of weeks. The rest are empty for now but ready.

Hey Lynn, how long did it take from snagging to getting the keys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 lynnmcgowan

Hey Lynn, how long did it take from snagging to getting the keys?

We had some delays due to certs etc. It was longer than usual. If everything is in place it should be just a couple of weeks. I hope you are not delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AbbyH

Hi all, I moved into Rahillion a few weeks back and we were thinking of getting a few jobs done, like an extra set of plug sockets in the kitchen, outdoor tap etc. Did anyone else get jobs like this done after moving in? Would Gorgon look after things like that do you know? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Amjam2017

Hello, we’ve bought on the way and very excited to move in! Can anyone tell me what colour the interior walls are painted? Been told Fleetwood snow pea but can’t seem to find this colour online. Thanks :)

AbbyH wrote: »
    Hi all, I moved into Rahillion a few weeks back and we were thinking of getting a few jobs done, like an extra set of plug sockets in the kitchen, outdoor tap etc. Did anyone else get jobs like this done after moving in? Would Gorgon look after things like that do you know? Thanks

Thanks for posting! I just assumed an outdoor tap was standard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

I don't think Irish Water permit them to install an outdoor tap, but I've been told by Gordon that it is a reasonably simple job to get the plumber to do after getting the keys.
    Thanks for posting! I just assumed an outdoor tap was standard!!

Is anyone else having a problem with the heat tank in the house, in that it is making noise throughout the night? Our one was only making noise during the night if we were running water but since the electricity outage last week the heating tank seems to have gone a little crazy!

Has anyone got their snag date confirmed yet? We were advised snagging for us would be end of May but no date confirmed just yet. Just wondering if others are in the same boat?

mchurc01 wrote: »
    Has anyone got their snag date confirmed yet? We were advised snagging for us would be end of May but no date confirmed just yet. Just wondering if others are in the same boat?

Hi..

We are due to snag end of May too but haven’t heard of a date yet either . Really hope there isn’t a delay again .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpursLady

Hi..

We are due to snag end of May too but haven’t heard of a date yet either . Really hope there isn’t a delay again .
    Hi there,

Yes I was told the same end of May. I contacted Gordon yesterday and he said that there has been some delays, so snagging is now aimed for July.
    I expected it though reading this forum and I’ve been watch the progress slow down over the last month or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 SpursLady

Lyncher101 wrote: »
    Hi

If possible, could someone PM me Gordon's new mobile number - trying to ring it but says that the number is no longer in use.

Thanks

Hi there,
    I don’t have Gordon’s new number, perhaps some else on the forum might. You could try email, he is great getting back on that....do you have it?

Advertisement