Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 singita

Hi

<snip>

We are going to use Eircom phone watch for security alarm.

I hope the move goes well...we can't wait!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭laraido

elliot895 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for blinds and security alarms for the house? Hoping to move in early next week!

<snip> installed our alarm system for a pretty competitive price. Good job and not so ugly alarm box out front

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pdbeighty1

Hi, has anyone in a type B sourced the mirrors for the bathrooms yet? I just got a quote of over 700 supplied and fitted for the mirrors, with holes cut for lights..

Seems expensive, but I have no idea how much it should cost if im being honest.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Boocal2013

Ok just wondering how many houses are occupied or very close to it. Is all the drive in? :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note:

Folks, could we keep the recommendations to private message please. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 AKPJ

Pdbeighty1 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone in a type B sourced the mirrors for the bathrooms yet? I just got a quote of over 700 supplied and fitted for the mirrors, with holes cut for lights..

Seems expensive, but I have no idea how much it should cost if im being honest.

Thanks
    I'd also appreciate any pointers on this one! 700 does seem pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Looks like ive been pushed back to July/August for the crescent, would have been great to be in for the summer but sure what can you do. At least I can leave getting the garden done until next year ha

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

jester1980 wrote: »
    Looks like ive been pushed back to July/August for the crescent, would have been great to be in for the summer but sure what can you do. At least I can leave getting the garden done until next year ha

Oh no! Were you told why?? Does that mean everyones delayed by 2/3 months?

someone sent me a private message here saying they had been told, so I double checked Wednesday, (that's only 3 weeks after I last checked) and the builders confirmed it had been pushed out, said there had been delays with the weather etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tk89

rcallagh wrote: »
    Oh no! Were you told why?? Does that mean everyones delayed by 2/3 months?

Just wondering if anyone in the Park has heard this also? Is it just the Crescent or are all the areas delayed by this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 sorchakelly

Hi, has anyone else got an update on the move in date for the Crescent?
    We called out last weekend and it seemed like Rahillion Drive was completed.
    Really hoping we can move in by the end of June? Does anyone also know is the site open at all on Saturday's to speak to builders?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadch12

Hi Sorcha,
    The builder told us about two weeks ago the Crescent is delayed til July/August. It’s because of the winter and something to do with the electricity... I think if that gets sorted quicker they’ll be ready earlier. The showhouse is open tomorrow but not sure if foreman is around.
    All the best,
    Sinead
    Hi, has anyone else got an update on the move in date for the Crescent?
    We called out last weekend and it seemed like Rahillion Drive was completed.
    Really hoping we can move in by the end of June? Does anyone also know is the site open at all on Saturday's to speak to builders?
    Thanks!

I was told on monday that the crescent 12-5 are aiming to move in around june which is about a 2 month delay. I guess the other side of the crescent has had a similar delay but lands around the time of the builders holidays etc which pushes it to august.

What time is the show house open today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 raja_s

I was told last Monday that the crescent move in date to be end of June. I'm in no 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jacdub

We got in on Friday. Whoop whoop. All I can say folks is, it’s definitely worth the wait. The house is fab and there’s a wonderful sea breeze up here that keeps well insulated house nice and cool. FYI, if your doing any downlights make sure your electrician has a full day or two before the floor person arrives. We had to axe downlights in the living room as the electrician couldn’t get them in before the floors went down. Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sorchakelly

Hi Sinead,

Thank you for that update. Fingers crossed for the end of June so. We will try and get out and talk to the builders this week. Looking forward to moving in and meeting you all in person.

Tracy

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gtj10

Just incase anyone was waiting and hadn't seen, planning permission was granted on Friday for the houses on the north boundary of the estate. We've had a deposit for a house on the Place since before Christmas but are still waiting on contracts due to the planning permission revisions. Hopefully things accelerate now that the approval is in!

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00594671.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Newhome2019

We are delighted the planning permission went through for the Drive, we can at last get excited. How soon pre/post contracts, can we visit the kitchen provider to make any changes?.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gtj10

We visited a couple weeks back and they were really helpful. It was probably a bit premature considering we don't have contracts yet, but no harm. They made a note of any changes we wanted and said they would be back in touch to confirm everything when the order for the kitchen was sent in from the builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Newhome2019

gtj10 wrote: »
    We visited a couple weeks back and they were really helpful. It was probably a bit premature considering we don't have contracts yet, but no harm. They made a note of any changes we wanted and said they would be back in touch to confirm everything when the order for the kitchen was sent in from the builder.

Thanks so much!

• Advertisement

Took a drive up the weekend, good lot of the drive houses are now occupied, great to see. The barriers are pushed back beside the crescent now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aconnolly87

Hi all , Has any one spoken to the developer about issueing contract for people in phase 3?

I put deposit on house over Christmas on Rahillion Drive a 3 bed.

Also does anyone have a move in date for this phase ?

Kind regards
    Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 11 singita

Hi

For those who have moved in, how long did it take between snagging and moving in?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Anne1511

Hey guys,

Quick question, we bought the No 5 Rahillion Park last July. When we signed the contract, we were advised that flooring was included everywhere appart from the downstairs bathroom/utility room to allow plumbing.

I contacted Eastwise today to reconfirm few things but the lady is now saying that the flooring is not supplied with the house...

Any of you encountered something similar??

Thanks a mil! ;)

Hi Anne

Ive actually never hard of flooring included in a house unless a showhouse, have a few friends who have gone into new builds recently and have discussed with them best flooring companies etc.

I know some people got appliances if they were among the first to buy their houses.

Tks

The bathroom floors are tiled as per the show house. Is that what they were referring too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mchurc01

Hi all , Has any one spoken to the developer about issueing contract for people in phase 3?

I put deposit on house over Christmas on Rahillion Drive a 3 bed.

Also does anyone have a move in date for this phase ?

Kind regards
    Aisling

Hi Aisling
    I had a call with them on Tuesday, we're in the same boat - deposit put down for Phase 3 of the Drive in late Jan. Was told contracts will be sent to the solicitor by the end of this month - so had to send over our solicitor details that afternoon.
    Move in date I was told is now looking somewhere between Jan-Mar 2019
    Was hoping for before Christmas but I suppose everything is pushed back due to the bad weather earlier this year

• Registered Users Posts: 8 niamhmag

Hi Anne,

Great to hear from someone else who bought in The Park! We bought 6 Rahillion Park and were told that flooring isn't included. Just the bathrooms upstairs are tiled.

Just wondering have you heard when they are due to be completed?

Thanks a Mil! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

ESB working away this morning in the crescent for those wondering. :)

• Advertisement

Great news. Thanks... starting to feel like were on the home stretch now

Advertisement