Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

zooplus.de

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

TheTorment wrote: »
    Is the food not more expensive on Amazon though?

No....

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Is it just me having problems getting zooplus.de to accept my parcel motel address?

Maximum weight for Parcel Motel is 10kg for the €3.95 delivery. Overweight/sized packages incur an additional €7.00 up to 35kg and an additional €7.00 per 10kg over the 35kg. Could work out expensive if you're ordering in bulk . . . If you can get it to accept your PM address that is!

No....

I think it would depend on what food you order. I just did an "order" for 2 x 15kg of Markus Mühle Natur Nah on Amazon.de and it worked out about €2 dearer than zooplus.ie. :( Think I'll stick with zooplus.de for the moment. It still works out cheaper with the 8% discount than .ie, and certainly less expensive than amazon.de, for me at least!

This is how it works for me

2 x 13kg Orijen dry dog food. All prices include delivery

Amazon uk €173.64

Amazon.de €159.79

Zooplus.ie (with 5% discount) €148.18

Zooplus.de (with 5% discount) €152.48

Zooplus.be (with 5% discount) €151.98

So Zooplus.ie is the cheapest option for me it appears. Unless anyone can see a cheaper option??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

for info re comparing amazon prices

www.curiua.com gives the prices on amazon for their german, uk, french, spanish and italian sites.

there is a wide variance in prices and some products will still work out cheaper on zooplus.de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm glad i got my 8% plan now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Zooplus are getting greedy now! Just noticed they reduced the bulk orders coupon for over 100 euro from 3% to 2%. So in addition to the delivery charge, its a double hit.

Ended up placing a large order with .de as it still worked out better than .ie

I wouldn't mind I recently switched my dog food to a Zooplus brand, partly to buy in euro on .de rather than a sterling only dog food.

.de still has a better range of products and better options/combinations.

Has anyone noticed for the .ie website there are way less newsletters or advertisements promoting reduced items compared to UK or de sites? (I get at least 2 emails per month from .de and UK but rarely from .ie)

odckdo wrote: »

Has anyone noticed for the .ie website there are way less newsletters or advertisements promoting reduced items compared to UK or de sites?

Yes!! There's rarely a freebie on the .ie site! :( I usually order from .de so I get a free box of biscuits with our Luposan pellets lol!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Just ordered from .de site as .ie was €17 dearer, but will be emailing again to point this out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Some products do seem to work out cheaper on the .ie site.
    Acana Wild Prairie is €116.99 for 2 x 13kg, free delivery. It's €123.49 after discount + €9.99 for delivery on .de. So would be cheaper from zooplus.ie even without the extra postage charge. Maybe they've dropped some prices on the Irish site to make up for the increased delivery charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

I shocked people are so surprised by this! If everyone was buying off the German site to avoid paying delivery charge, they obviously spotted this. So put a delivery charge on the German site and people would start using the Irish site! Its common sense from a business point of view!

Come on people, its a business! Of course they charge delivery... especially coming from Germany! In fact, they should be charging more to deliver from Germany than Ireland.

Ashbx wrote: »
    I shocked people are so surprised by this! If everyone was buying off the German site to avoid paying delivery charge, they obviously spotted this. So put a delivery charge on the German site and people would start using the Irish site! Its common sense from a business point of view!

Come on people, its a business! Of course they charge delivery... especially coming from Germany! In fact, they should be charging more to deliver from Germany than Ireland.
    :)
    Have you ever used Zooplus?! If you did you'd know that everything comes from the same warehouse in Germany so shipping (and prices) should be the same across all of their subsites! It was free shipping if you spent €100 so if anything they'll lose custom from people who were adding bits and pieces to the order to make it up to €100. Every site I order from gives free delivery if you spend x amount - that why I use them instead of the ones that don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Has anyone tried to order off the de site in the past few days? Have been trying since Friday am but when I get as far as the credit card bit, it won't take the order. Have tried different cards and splitting the order (it's over €400) but it won't work. Don't want to try the co.uk site as it works out a lot more expensive. :(

cotton wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to order off the de site in the past few days? Have been trying since Friday am but when I get as far as the credit card bit, it won't take the order. Have tried different cards and splitting the order (it's over €400) but it won't work. Don't want to try the co.uk site as it works out a lot more expensive. :(

I ordered from .de on Thursday morning, with no issues. I always use PayPal though, for added security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Trying to order from .de today and it's saying they can't deliver to my address. It's the same address I've been using for the last 2 years and I've had previous deliveries from .de since then. Are they not taking Irish orders anymore on .de?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

WTF - yes you are right. Will mail them immediately. Been ordering from the de site since 2014 ... if this is permanent it would be a reason not to order from them any more

That's weird we just ordered from zooplus.de last night. No issues and email today saying it's shipped.

Edit: maybe it's just a temporary problem with the site today?!

Possibly. I asked on a facebook group as well and someone there ordered from .de last week and it was all fine. It's weird cos when I choose Irland it says free delivery, but then won't accept the address.

I sincerely hope so, I've mailed them now. This is the error message:

rll2qg.png

Possibly. I asked on a facebook group as well and someone there ordered from .de last week and it was all fine. It's weird cos when I choose Irland it says free delivery, but then won't accept the address.

Yes i noticed that as well.

• Advertisement

Same error as me. So it must either be a technical issue, or some new policy. Obviously my address isn't the problem. I've messaged them too so we will see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Weird, I got a big delivery from the .de site last week with no problems!

Same error as me. So it must either be a technical issue, or some new policy. Obviously my address isn't the problem. I've messaged them too so we will see.

let us know how you get on, might be part of another push to move us to their Irish site maybe (i ordered from the DE site last week so am due a delivery this week)

What I'm ordering would be 94.95 on .de if it's still 12.99 delivery charge. If I ordered the exact same from .ie it would be 116.75!

What I'm ordering would be 94.95 on .de if it's still 12.99 delivery charge. If I ordered the exact same from .ie it would be 116.75!

Yeah it's crazy. Our order last night was just under 100 too and would have been a lot more on .ie.

Confirmation from someone commenting on my facebook query, she rang them and they said no more deliveries from .de to countried that have their own sites.

So no more.de :(

It will still let me order from .co.uk though, which is about a fiver cheaper.

Confirmation from someone commenting on my facebook query, she rang them and they said no more deliveries from .de to countried that have their own sites.

No way! :( Looks like we just got in in the nick of time! Ah I'm disgusted at that now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I find the UK site has a bigger range too

Considering it all comes from the same place I don't know why they can't just have the same offerings on all sites Ok if prices have to be a little different for VAT etc, but why does .ie have such poor availability compared to the others.

I had the same issues last month when my loyalty discount expired. They've scrapped it for the .Ie site, I wasn't able to order from .de and they had me sign up with a new account on .co.uk so they could manually push the discount! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Just tried it there. "Unfortunately, we are currently unable to supply the address you have specified. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Zooplus just got a helluva lot more expensive. :(

Well I got a reply and its exactly that, no more international orders from any of the sites. If you want to use Zooplus, you have to use the overpriced Irish site which has a way smaller selection and does not have most of the stuff i usually order.
    "We can understand your unhappiness with the situation. However, this is a company decision which is irreversible, Please order at zooplus.ie from now on."
    Fk them ...

What a pile of crap! The range on .ie is extremely limited compared to .co.uk let alone .de :(

Yea, am I loosing the discount plan I payed for and which would still run for another year. I told them they lost a loyal customer of over 4 years and that many Irish customers will most likely do the same .
    I am fuming lol ....

They don't even have a FB page for the Irish site to complain on :mad: EDIT and I think thats what happened to my plan - suddenly it was gone and I had gotten it on the .de site. I'm a customer 15 years(!)

I'm fuming too Morgana! They never have the stuff we need on the Irish site and odd time they do have something we use it's overpriced. So disappointed with this decision.

Next time I get our usual order of treats treats i’m going to measure the box and see if it’s within the limits for parcel wizard etc ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I just placed an order on the .co.uk site with no problems!

I was able to order from .co.uk today but wouldn’t be surprised if that’s stops soon too.

I tried ordering from .co.uk with a parcel wizard address to get the free uk delivery and it wouldn’t accept the address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Still an option on .de to select Great Britain as shipping address though :confused:

I too have sent an email to Zooplus - I order at least €150 worth of stuff from them every month. Wasn't happy when shipping hit €11.99 but this is BS. Lucky I placed an order on Sunday last & it's en route.

They won't budge - so they now offered me a 10 Euro code as consolation "to be used in any Zooplus shop". The irony is mind-boggling ... and my discount should be usable in the Irish shop, of not they will refund ...
    I tried the Dutch site, no go either, just offers delivery to Benelux. UK will still deliver to Ireland so far but the price difference to the Irish site is small and sipping is either 10 or 12 Sterling

cant see the uk access lasting if they have restricted access to other sites (If iUK access does continue try getting a free revolut account to offset currency conversion charges). This seems to be nothing more than a money grab as they know the Irish market lacks competition and it is an extremely shoddy way to treat loyal customers.

If the irish site had the same choice as the german one i wound'nt be too upset but unfortunately it hasn't and what it has is marked up considerably in many cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I order over €300 a month with zooplus so if they stop us using the UK site too I'm going to be down about €40 every month. :mad:

Just did my usual order on all 3 sites without checking out & this is the difference.

UK £286.59 (XE = 327.702) coupon code not allowed, 5% Savings Plan Discount

Germany €332.71 with 2% coupon code, 5% Savings Plan Discount

Ireland €369.31 don't have a coupon code, 5% Savings Plan Discount

Received this email today after ordering from zooplus.ie with my german account (had to call them as there were lots of problems getting it accepted)

google translate:

Dear xyz, Munich, 29.05.2018

Thank you very much for ordering food and accessories for your pet at zooplus!

We would like to inform you today about the following important change:

Orders via our German zooplus-Shop www.zooplus.de can no longer be sent to Ireland.

Different VAT rates apply in the EU Member States. We as dealers are obliged to pay the tax rate of the respective country of delivery to the tax authorities. Ireland currently has a VAT rate of 23% for pet supplies. The prices at zooplus.de, however, are calculated for the value-added tax rates valid in Germany of 7% for pet food and 19% for other pet supplies.

In order to be able to continue to offer our customers our low prices, we significantly restrict deliveries from our zooplus.de shop to countries with high value-added tax rates. For Ireland this possibility is completely eliminated.

You are welcome to choose one of our international shops for your orders in the future:

www.zooplus.ie
    www.zooplus.co.uk
    www.zooplus.com

A new registration is not necessary. Your login details as well as your bonus points are also valid for these shops.

Thank you for your understanding
    Your zooplus customer service

godammit I only ordered on .ie today.. Log into .com for a look and low and behold they offer me savings plan immediately - which they told me wasn't available to renew anymore as I'm in Ireland!

EDIT.. :o I put an order in on .com to get the savings plan while it was available. Small care package for my friend's dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Good news! It comes into effect in December.

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-online-shopping-eu-3830479-Feb2018/

boomerang wrote: »
    Good news! It comes into effect in December.

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-online-shopping-eu-3830479-Feb2018/

That seems very promising

Zooplus must have known this was coming down the line though, so why bother pissing off a load of customers if it's only gonna be for 9 months or so.

Zooplus must have known this was coming down the line though, so why bother pissing off a load of customers if it's only gonna be for 9 months or so.

Why did they have me create a new account for .co.uk when the savings plan isn't available to me in Ireland! And why didn't they mention .com Tools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭chsdeddijj

pawrick wrote: »
    not too bad so - i buy a lot of parrot stuff as well as dog food and cat food on the German site. there can be quite a difference on the parrot treats of a few euro per item and their Irish site has a really poor selection in comparison. It all comes from the same store house anyhow so cant see why they would restrict the option apart from pushing us to use the irish site more.
    What's the German site for Zooplus?

• Advertisement
Advertisement