Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2020 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Godawful.It is a terrible deprivation when you have other kids!!!

Coca cola - a couple of mouthfuls..and grapes worked well on my third.He was my first (and only!!) boy and I was incredibly sick with him.The girls...fruit juice -apple juice mainly.and just plain food, nothing rich or spicy.
    It"s a hard time.

Nothing works for me and I can't keep anything down but milky tea and toast. The next person to tell me to have ginger biscuits or ginger tea is going on the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Oh ladies thanks so much for the responses I don’t think I’ve ever had super noodles but when I read it my mind was like yes! Craving pasta and bread so carbs I’m assuming body wants!

Coke cola interesting and I actually ate grapes yesterday and really enjoyed them!

On my last pregnancy it was all day nauseous but this pregnancy is mainly morning until early afternoon! Total pain as rushing to get out to work it’s like the worst time to be sick!

Funny my digestive tract is working better than ever! Honestly pregnancy is such a funny thing how everyone differs!

Early scan next Friday so excited and nervous! I read in a book before “for every minute of happiness you have about being pregnant you have 3 minutes of worry!” Sums me up! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I definitely agree with the coke but full sugar, the coke zero used to make me get sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pearlll

Good to know if I start feeling queasy!! I don't usually drink fizzy drink but love it lately and picks me up when I'm tired.
    Also digestive wise I'm far better than before pregnancy which I'm surprised about
    I told 2 family members as I needed to tell someone!! One was great but the other said so many upsetting things. If I had known i wouldn't have told her! Has anyone shared their news yet. I know it's early but the 12 week wait is looooong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I was at the Dr and she prescribed stuff for the nausea so I'd chat to your Dr Pocos. I feel constantly hungover.

I've told a few people. They are people I would lean on for support if anything happened but that's me. Some people won't say anything until they have passed the 12 week mark. That's horrible that they didn't react well pearl.

Poor you, Pearll. :(

We told my cousin and his gf, they're our closest friends and live on the same street. I'm close to my cousin and didn't like keeping it from him when he'd already noticed me looking green for most of the day, as well as nodding off randomly. I think I'll leave it until about 14 weeks to make it more widely known.

Hope everyone is feeling well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭CPTM

pearlll wrote: »
    Good to know if I start feeling queasy!! I don't usually drink fizzy drink but love it lately and picks me up when I'm tired.
    Also digestive wise I'm far better than before pregnancy which I'm surprised about
    I told 2 family members as I needed to tell someone!! One was great but the other said so many upsetting things. If I had known i wouldn't have told her! Has anyone shared their news yet. I know it's early but the 12 week wait is looooong

I've told one close friend and my wife has told some members of her family. Unfortunately our first pregnancy wasn't to be, so we're waiting until the 12 week mark this time. It's difficult though, especially when someone asks for any news! I've literally no news because my whole life is revolving around this one piece of news! :D

Anybody else unusually tearful? The most minor things have me in tears the last few days, it's unlike me and it's very unsettling not having the usual emotional control! Damned hormones :(

Hope everyone is doing well? Yes candie a little emotional but v tired too so that's not helping. Going to bed earlier these days

• Advertisement

Pearlll I can’t believe someone would say upsetting things! That’s awful! God people are so insensitive sometimes!

We have told some family members and I actually told my fitness instructor cos I was afraid there may be certain things I couldn’t do like ab workouts and the likes but seemingly not in the first trimester!

Like someone said I told people who if it doesn’t go to term I would be telling anyway! But I didn’t really feel fully comfortable on my first announcing it until about 16 weeks! But it’s a very long time to wait!

God the tiredness and nausea is horrific this week! I’m in week 8 and I feel so awful! Early scan Friday so fingers crossed it all goes ok!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the emotional incontinence. :)

The tiredness has stepped up a bit for me too this week, I honestly don't know how people with toddlers cope and I take my imaginary hat off to them.

Time seems to be moving very slowly, presumably because I'm so nervous at this stage. Hopefully we'll all be feeling better and more relaxed in the second trimester because the first trimester doesn't seem to have anything to recommend it at the moment!

Weak lemon tea seemed to settle the nausea a bit for me today, if anyone wants to try it.

Good luck on Friday, Pocos :)

We had our first scan today at 8 weeks 3 days. It's our first baby so it was very exciting to see the little heart beating away. We also saw traces of the development of the brain and arms and legs but they were barely visible.

My wife is experiencing a bit of sickness and all she wants at the moment is spaghetti bolonaise everyday with salad! A lot of fruit as well seems to keep the morning sickness away. One thing she has noticed is a constant feeling of being full. Almost like she can feel her food up near her neck. It's more of a discomfort I think. The sickness is very much aggravated by a strange or unfamiliar smell of cooked/cooking food. So all windows in the house are open all the time!

Candie wrote: »
    Anybody else unusually tearful? The most minor things have me in tears the last few days, it's unlike me and it's very unsettling not having the usual emotional control! Damned hormones :(

Yep. Shockingly so. At work especially!! Not fun.

The tiredness and nausea are getting to me this week :(

I'm the same CPTM I love spaghetti Bolognese lately and pasta in general. Soup too. Chamomile tea is quite nice in the morning for keeping away slight queasy feeling. And cream crackers!!
    A tip for all the peeing apparently if you lean forward you empty your bladder more fully
    With regard to heavy lifting I was sorting stuff yesterday and lifted a heavy box, thought later how silly that was. Is anyone taking it easier or carrying on as normal??
    Positive thoughts to everyone 🙂

That first scan is amazing, isn't it CTPM? Makes it really hit home what's happening.

Another one here destroyed with tiredness again. I spent most of yesterday in my pjs - hurrah for working from home! :)

Positive thoughts back at ya, Pearll.

I'm the same CPTM I love spaghetti Bolognese lately and pasta in general. Soup too. Chamomile tea is quite nice in the morning for keeping away slight queasy feeling. And cream crackers!!
    A tip for all the peeing apparently if you lean forward you empty your bladder more fully
    With regard to heavy lifting I was sorting stuff yesterday and lifted a heavy box, thought later how silly that was. Is anyone taking it easier or carrying on as normal??
    Positive thoughts to everyone 🙂

Thanks for the tip on the cream crackers, I think she'll appreciate that one. I'll pick up a pack this evening

Candie wrote: »
    That first scan is amazing, isn't it CTPM? Makes it really hit home what's happening.

Another one here destroyed with tiredness again. I spent most of yesterday in my pjs - hurrah for working from home! :)

Positive thoughts back at ya, Pearll.

Yes, seeing the heart flicker is certainly an image I will keep with me for a long time! I can't wait for the next scan!

I missed about 6 posts. Baby brain has affected me already...

I usually eat spag bol and can't face it. Can't face anything tomato based. Funny how we are all so different. I'm eating special k for breakfast and crackers are my friend. The Dr said cereals are fortified so good for vitamins and easier to stomach.

I was crying this morning for no reason at all. It's tough, especially when no one knows.

I also told spin and yoga teachers so they were aware, spin especially if I was feeling nauseous. There is conflicting advice on exercising especially in the first trimester, I'm doing what works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi guys, this is my first ever post!

I have 3 boys already - my eldest will be 13 in May, next was 2 in January and youngest is 8months today!!

I'm breastfeeding and had a bit of spotting which started last day of June and lasted no more than a couple days.

About a month ago I thought "I'm pregnant" but sort of put it to the back of my mind in case I was being silly.

About a week ago I went into tesco and bought a test, took it late afternoon and within 5seconds it flashed up with the word 'Pregnant'!! So it turns out I'm very in tune with my body!

I haven't told a soul 🙈 but have worked out I should be due around 6th-13th of April if I go by my previous cycles (which were between 28 and 35days long).

It is my 5 year anniversary (of meeting my fiancé), at the end of September and I'm going to try to keep it a secret until then so I can surprise him - hopefully with a scan photo 😀

Haven't yet been to the Dr as not sure how to do so in secret - my 2year old is brilliant for reporting on everything we've been up to 🙈

I can't believe I've managed to keep it to myself this long as previously I've told him the very second I found out!

Hope everyone is feeling OK - I never get any pregnancy 'symptoms' as such, but I sometimes wish I went off food as I still haven't shifted the baby weight from my youngest 😂

• Advertisement

How is everyone? I'm sooo tired and 3 meals a day isn't really doing it. I feel like a slug half the time. A few headaches too. Boobs so painful. Rant over

On the upside I'm so happy I actually got pregnant and that time is passing abit faster. I also have scan to look forward to in a week or 2

MsSecretative congratulations!! You must be thrilled and lucky you with no pregnancy symptoms!!

Pearlll I feel you between the vomiting and lack of food and general pregnancy I’m exhausted! Can’t get enough sleep no matter what I do! Bed early but nothing helps! But it will pass I remember that on my first! Unfortunately I’m not on summer holidays this time unlike when I was pregnant the first time! So work is adding extra pressure!

Had a scan on Friday and thank god heart was beating away no problem! Unfortunately going by dates I was 9 weeks but only measuring about 7 ish (irregular period so this isn’t unusual!) but mentally I found that hard! Felt like I had gone backwards!

Anyway I’m not complaining so grateful that everything is ok! Just praying the vomiting will end soon!

Best of luck to everyone else who’s getting early scans around now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Hello All...
    Have just found out at the weekend that Im expecting
    Havent been to the Dr yet but the apps are telling me im due the 8th May so very very early days - there isnt a May thread yet :D
    I have appointment with Dr on Thur...
    First time pregnant so this is all new to me.
    Yesterday I was feeling very shakey and a bit headachey
    Shakey went away after a Capri sun so im thinking blood sugar was low?
    Today I feel a bit queasy im in work and its way too early to tell anyone so Im hoping it passes quickly
    Good luck to everyone with early scans this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Galway2018

Good morning,
    I am jumping on this thread too as there is no May thread yet. Trying to work out my dates but thinking I am due 7th May. Just wondering when do you register with the maternity hospital. I am hoping to attend the Coombe but I am thinking I am way too early to contact hospital yet.
    Any advice ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Galway2018 wrote: »
    Good morning,
    I am jumping on this thread too as there is no May thread yet. Trying to work out my dates but thinking I am due 7th May. Just wondering when do you register with the maternity hospital. I am hoping to attend the Coombe but I am thinking I am way too early to contact hospital yet.
    Any advice ??

looks like we are a day apart :D
    How are you feeling so far?
    I have an appointment with my GP on Thur so I kind of assume they will provide info on how to register with hospitals?
    Have you been to the GP yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Galway2018

Thats great news. Yes must make appointment with GP and hopefully the wait wont be too long for the Coombe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PBandNutella

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Hello All...
    Have just found out at the weekend that Im expecting
    Havent been to the Dr yet but the apps are telling me im due the 8th May so very very early days - there isnt a May thread yet :D
    I have appointment with Dr on Thur...
    First time pregnant so this is all new to me.
    Yesterday I was feeling very shakey and a bit headachey
    Shakey went away after a Capri sun so im thinking blood sugar was low?
    Today I feel a bit queasy im in work and its way too early to tell anyone so Im hoping it passes quickly
    Good luck to everyone with early scans this week!

Hi!! I've just started a May thread, I'm also May 7th by my own calculations. Gonna lurk here too if thats ok with everyone since i'm early May and sure ya just never know for sure. Felt "off" for the past 2 weeks and confirmed by home test this morning that i'm pregnant. Congrats to you all :)

Edited to say: Whoops sorry, I replied to the wrong post but sure we are a day apart so i wasn't far wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PBandNutella

Galway2018 wrote: »
    Good morning,
    Any advice ??

I just started a May thread there just now but may lurk here too as i'm early May too. I've been in touch with the community midwives and they took all my details but said i wont be getting a booking visit until closer to the 12 week mark.

How is everyone? I'm sooo tired and 3 meals a day isn't really doing it. I feel like a slug half the time. A few headaches too. Boobs so painful. Rant over

On the upside I'm so happy I actually got pregnant and that time is passing abit faster. I also have scan to look forward to in a week or 2
    How are you doing today? I'm exhausted and so nauseaous all day and then when I can eat all I want is CRAP. McDonald's etc, I normally eat well but can't stomach veg or anything :rolleyes: Just hoping it passes soon. The headaches are waking me up, was awake since 2 last night. Today was tough.

Rant away, it's part of the thread :D

I'd my scan on Friday, good strong heartbeat. I was the opposite Pocos I thought I was 8 weeks exactly but she said I was 8+3. I going with the midwife scheme in Holles St (can't go Domino because I'd a section with my first) so won't get a scan until 20 weeks. May get another private one if I'm feeling worried.

Do you have another scan Pocos?

How is everyone today? Tomorrow is hump day :D

Welcome to the May mamas and congratulations!

• Advertisement

How are you doing today? I'm exhausted and so nauseaous all day and then when I can eat all I want is CRAP. McDonald's etc, I normally eat well but can't stomach veg or anything :rolleyes: Just hoping it passes soon. The headaches are waking me up, was awake since 2 last night. Today was tough.

Rant away, it's part of the thread :D

I'd my scan on Friday, good strong heartbeat. I was the opposite Pocos I thought I was 8 weeks exactly but she said I was 8+3. I going with the midwife scheme in Holles St (can't go Domino because I'd a section with my first) so won't get a scan until 20 weeks. May get another private one if I'm feeling worried.

Do you have another scan Pocos?

How is everyone today? Tomorrow is hump day :D

Welcome to the May mamas and congratulations!

Oh tea and cake I’m the exact same! Can only stomach rubbish! Like when I try veg or fruit I feel so nauseous and end up vomiting some of it up! I do remember on my first that I was worried if I couldn’t eat properly for the pregnancy cos like you I usually eat quite well. Anyway I do remember it passes!

Lucky you going forward in weeks! As I was only the 7 he could find a heartbeat but found it hard to get a proper picture of the length to get an accurate date! So I’m back again Friday for another scan! Hopefully he might add a few days

So these scans are private ones in local gp and then I’m going private and using a gynaecologist here in Waterford and the 12 week scan is end of September! Used him on first baby and I found him great!

For those asking about when to register with hospitals I think you confirm pregnancy with gp (it’s free once you have a confirmed pregnancy) and they put you into the system! I hope I’m right with all that info that’s how I remember the first pregnancy going anyway!

Welcome all the May moms to be! My first was due 31st of December and I hovered between the jan and December thread! :)

Advertisement