Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 RBS Six Nations General Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

France
    My primary concern for Ireland's 6 nations campaign is the fitness of Sexton, this cannot be overstated. He's been out for 12 weeks now, he'll be nowhere near match fit and the chances of him being taken off if he ships any kind of blow to the head in contact are very high.

Sexton is light years ahead of either Madigan or Keatley in just about every aspect of the game. You also have to consider whether mentally Sexton will be avoiding tackles / collisions for fear of damage. So its the lack of fitness and the fear factor for Sexton which for me have the potential to contribute to a subpar Sexton . and by extension the ability to hurt our chances of a second six nations title in a row.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    I dunno....

10940559_1035576889789490_4315524761628394359_n.jpg?oh=ca3990817e75fa3c15b687dc7a775348&oe=5557DBAC&__gda__=1432331157_3ab9bce4826b6fddd1fefc0050a993e6

What is that photo even about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Aliens.

France
    awec wrote: »
    What is that photo even about?

all reaching for the goal i guess but rugby players may not be the best actors :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

England
    Paulie is going with both hands. Typical Munster commitment. All them other countries lack ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

England
    POC needs to watch Zoolander to work the camera better... Robshaw has clearly studied the documentary many times.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

England
    Teferi wrote: »
    B8bfei9CAAAiCe5.jpg:large

Look at this cringefest.

I can just imagine Paul there: "No, I'm not doing any of that **** thanks.".

Sam Warburton still on the phone with French clubs? :D

all reaching for the goal i guess but rugby players may not be the best actors :)

They look like they're dancing the drunk uncle wedding dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

England
    heybaby wrote: »
    My primary concern for Ireland's 6 nations campaign is the fitness of Sexton, this cannot be overstated. He's been out for 12 weeks now, he'll be nowhere near match fit and the chances of him being taken off if he ships any kind of blow to the head in contact are very high.

Sexton is light years ahead of either Madigan or Keatley in just about every aspect of the game. You also have to consider whether mentally Sexton will be avoiding tackles / collisions for fear of damage. So its the lack of fitness and the fear factor for Sexton which for me have the potential to contribute to a subpar Sexton . and by extension the ability to hurt our chances of a second six nations title in a row.

I hope I'm wrong.

I doubt very much the Sexton will 'hold back' in any way when he comes back into the team. I believe that it is not in is DNA. But I agree that his lack of match fitness is a big worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Nim wrote: »
    Sam Warburton still on the phone with French clubs? :D

Looks more like he's recording a charity single with that Feed The World pose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

8 players have been released from the French camp.

RR is reporting the following probable 23:

Menini, Ben Arous,
    Guirado, Kayser,
    Mas (ou Slimani), Atonio (ou Slimani),
    Papé, Maestri, Taofifenua,
    Dusautoir, Le Roux, Goujon, Chouly.

Kockott, Tillous-Borde (ou Parra),
    Lopez, Talès,
    Bastareaud, Fofana, Dumoulin (ou Lamerat),
    Thomas, Huget, Spedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

Never really like to see a squad decimated before the 6N, takes away from it a bit.

I'm not that bothered about it. The list largely consists of long-term absentees that we've been coping (sorta...) without anyway, players who I desperately wanted to see dropped, and Morgan and Launch, which I might cry about. Not that I'm too positive; there's a solid chance of this being England's worst 6N for some time. But that was true before the injuries.

I actually think Farrell is pretty over rated and it will do England no harm to get a proper look at the alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

I dunno....

10940559_1035576889789490_4315524761628394359_n.jpg?oh=ca3990817e75fa3c15b687dc7a775348&oe=5557DBAC&__gda__=1432331157_3ab9bce4826b6fddd1fefc0050a993e6

is this some kind of 6n haka they are rehearsing?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

awec wrote: »
    I actually think Farrell is pretty over rated and it will do England no harm to get a proper look at the alternatives.

I'd say 5% of England fans I know are disappointed to see him injured, 80% guiltily happy, 10% not at at all guilty for being happy, and 5% are absolutely ecstatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

England
    8 players have been released from the French camp.

RR is reporting the following probable 23:

Menini, Ben Arous,
    Guirado, Kayser,
    Mas (ou Slimani), Atonio (ou Slimani),
    Papé, Maestri, Taofifenua,
    Dusautoir, Le Roux, Goujon, Chouly.

Kockott, Tillous-Borde (ou Parra),
    Lopez, Talès,
    Bastareaud, Fofana, Dumoulin (ou Lamerat),
    Thomas, Huget, Spedding.

Brice Dulin still injured? He was arguably France's most impressive player last year, I'd be surprised if he was dropped.

Brice Dulin still injured? He was arguably France's most impressive player last year, I'd be surprised if he was dropped.

Injured

Scott Spedding was pretty good in the autumn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

England
    PSA seems very complimentary of Ireland in some of these excerpts. Maybe he's just making excuses.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/ireland-players-better-protected-by-irfu-philippe-saint-andre-1.2083233

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

England
    Are France going to be good this year?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Fireball07 wrote: »

They won all their November games but they were against Fiji, Arg, and Oz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

England
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    They won all their November games but they were against Fiji, Arg, and Oz.

France lost to Argentina

I'd say 5% of England fans I know are disappointed to see him injured, 80% guiltily happy, 10% not at at all guilty for being happy, and 5% are absolutely ecstatic.

This ratio is absolutely spot on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Bridge93 wrote: »
    France lost to Argentina

So they did :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

England
    Fireball07 wrote: »

I'd say France will be a bit ropey this year. They tend to prioritise the RWC and will be using the 6N to try out different player combinations and strategies.

There will be some excellent individual performances, but I'd say they won't be playing as a solid team.

Akrasia wrote: »
    There will be some excellent individual performances, but I'd say they won't be playing as a solid team.

like every year really then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

France
    Akrasia wrote: »
    I'd say France will be a bit ropey this year. They tend to prioritise the RWC and will be using the 6N to try out different player combinations and strategies.

Even not playing cohesively France are still very dangerous and i'll only breathe a sigh of relief once they are leaving Dublin on an Air France flight with a defeat under their belt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭corkoian

Is the tickets for the Ireland France match sold out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

England
    heybaby wrote: »
    Even not playing cohesively France are still very dangerous and i'll only breathe a sigh of relief once they are leaving Dublin on an Air France flight with a defeat under their belt.

I'm not that concerned by them as long as we start well - they really have not played well away from home the last while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

England

Paul O'Connell (@Paul_OConnell) tweeted at 1:04pm - 30 Jan 15:

@BrianODriscoll A little piece of me died during that photo. (https://twitter.com/Paul_OConnell/status/561189282501885952?s=17)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Paul O'Connell (@Paul_OConnell) tweeted at 1:04pm - 30 Jan 15:

@BrianODriscoll A little piece of me died during that photo. (https://twitter.com/Paul_OConnell/status/561189282501885952?s=17)

h0okk.jpg

• Advertisement

French squad preparing for Scotland:

Eddy Ben Arous(Racing-Métro), Alexandre Menini (Toulon),
    Nicolas Mas (Montpellier), Rabah Slimani (Stade français), Uini Atonio (La Rochelle),
    Guilhem Guirado (Toulon), Benjamin Kayser (Clermont),
    Alexandre Flanquart (Stade français), Yoann Maestri (Toulouse), Pascal Papé (Stade français), Romain Taofifenua (Toulon),
    Damien Chouly (Clermont), Thierry Dusautoir (Toulouse), Loann Goujon (La Rochelle), Wenceslas Lauret (Racing-Métro), Bernard Le Roux (Racing-Métro), Yannick Nyanga (Toulouse).

Rory Kockott (Castres), Morgan Parra (Clermont),
    Camille Lopez (Clermont), Rémi Talès (Castres),
    Mathieu Bastareaud (Toulon), Gaël Fickou (Toulouse), Wesley Fofana (Clermont), Rémi Lamerat (Castres),
    Sofiane Guitoune (Bordeaux-Bègles), Yoann Huget (Toulouse), Noa Nakaitaci (Clermont), Teddy Thomas (racing-Métro),
    Brice Dulin (racing-Métro), Scott Spedding (Bayonne).

Is Picamoles injured or just out of favour?

Is Picamoles injured or just out of favour?

He went off with a thigh injury against Castres.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

Scotland
    Just read Brendan Fanning's team by team guide to the 6N in the Indo.

Laughable at best.

The over confidence of the media here never ceases to amaze me. It's not inconceivable that a big dose of reality could be administered by a very physical and fired up Italian team next weekend.

Obviously no one is giving Wales a chance once again. I suspect that will remain the same even if we prevail on Friday. If we do IMO we'll be in the box seat and it will take a good team to dislodge us.

Laughable at best.

The over confidence of the media here never ceases to amaze me. It's not inconceivable that a big dose of reality could be administered by a very physical and fired up Italian team next weekend.

Obviously no one is giving Wales a chance once again. I suspect that will remain the same even if we prevail on Friday. If we do IMO we'll be in the box seat and it will take a good team to dislodge us.

God I love the 6n...

England

Laughable at best.

Well certainly noone could ever call Welsh rugby fans over confident...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Well certainly noone could ever call Welsh rugby fans over confident...

:pac: Even if we do the slam and win the World Cup we'll be accused of overconfidence this time next year

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

Scotland
    God I love the 6n...
    It would be boring if we're all backing the same horse .........

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

It would be boring if we're all backing the same horse .........

True... we can't all be winners :P

• Advertisement

He went off with a thigh injury against Castres.

Thanks. Just saw he wasn't in the squad and thought it would be inconceivable for a player of his quality to not make the squad in this country. But the French are mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

England
    Does anyone know when The Guardian will be doing its Six Nations preview for each team and finishing predictions?

England
    So its finally six nations opening round week. Who are we cheering for on Friday? The memories of that early morning in 2011 still make it difficult for me to support Wales and Gatland dropping cough Heaslip for the final Lions test was unforgivable.

Still its England who they are playing who ran us to the wire last year. 9 all draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

England
    So its finally six nations opening round week. Who are we cheering for on Friday? The memories of that early morning in 2011 still make it difficult for me to support Wales and Gatland dropping cough Heaslip for the final Lions test was unforgivable.

Still its England who they are playing who ran us to the wire last year. 9 all draw?

A draw would probably be a poor result for us unless we are going for the Slam. It would require both teams to lose another game instead of just one.
    I'm inclined to say it may be more beneficial for us if Wales lose. We have to go there whereas we have England in Dublin, hopefully with all their injury woes. If you're not going to win your home games you probably aren't going to win the competition so on all that is maybe just rather England.

B81aVdACYAEKdsz.jpg

I think England by 7-10. Warrenball has been found out.

• Advertisement

Very early to be announcing teams. Then again, not much video analysis to be done there.

Very early to be announcing teams. Then again, not much video analysis to be done there.

so you are not expecting Wales to change tactics?

England

Mind games. Lancaster's squad is ravaged by injury and they have tough calls to make.

aimee1 wrote: »
    so you are not expecting Wales to change tactics?

Not with that team. He'd be mad not to play to it's strengths, which is very direct runners and try to wear England. He's picked some good ball distributors on the bench, so you'd imagine it'll be the typical Welsh display of over power the opposition and then move the ball around when they're tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

France
    The 12 is the big question, unless he sticks Robbie in there as he did when playing Payne, but Fitz I just do not see as a 12. Robbie has the bulk now to play that position whereas in the past I would not have said so ( I actually think that he needs to be careful not to get too big ). Fitz would be my first choice 13, gifted runner and he has the space out there. My worry with him is always fitness, the boy (and Luke Marshall) is a car crash. Just hope that he stays fit for a full season.

The sad part for me is that I would not have D'arcy involved at all. He is probably my fav player of the last 10 years, he has made Drico look so good over his career, he has been class in all that he has done, I am not saying that he can't do a job, just he is not the player of old. He is trying to get to that World Cup for sure and part of me hopes that he does, while other parts of me would love him to go out on a high. If he does not retire from international rugby after the 6N it is a given that he will after the RWC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement