Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Bank League 2014-2015 talk/gossip/rumours

• 29-05-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

The Referee panels for next season have been announced: Connacht have the most they have ever had on the AIL list.
    http://www.arlb.ie/?p=2520
    Below are the changes in management I know of so far. No competitions drawn yet that I know of and AIL league fixtures have not been made and will not until July.

1A
    Cork Con: Tom Tierney new head coach

1B
    Shannon: Ian Sherwin head coach. Marcus Horan will be involved with their under 20s team
    Garryowen: Conan Doyle new head coach replacing Tom Tierney http://limerickrugby.ie/conan-doyle-takes-over-at-garryowen-fc/

2A
    Bective: http://bectiverangers.com/?p=4278 Ian Cullinan is new club captain with Barry Gibney as head coach and Barry Lynn as assistant backs coach
    Nenagh: Derek Corcoran still player coach but new forwards coach as Trevor Hogan announced he is not continuing on
    Dungannon: Paddy Johns remains head coach. former Ulster/Ireland A hooker Nigel Brady just retired from Aurillic France due to injury and returns as forward coach http://www.irishrugby.ie/club/ulsterbankleagueandcup/31848.php

2B
    Old Crescent: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/oldcrescentrfc/news/meet-the-team--new-first-team-coaching-structure-1206550.html
    Sligo: Advertising for new coach http://www.sligorfc.ie/2014/05/06/applications-welcome-for-position-of-sligo-rfc-senior-coach/
    Midleton: Dolphin captain last season Christy Condon move to Midleton http://midletonrugby.com/midleton-welcomes-christy-condon-to-the-senior-squad/
    Boyne: Niall Ronan incoming Director of Rugby. Senior Coach Mike Walls
    Sundays Well: Robbie Doyle new head coach. Terry Kingston Forwards Coach http://www.sundayswellrfc.com/index.cfm

full list of all teams in each division
    1A
    Clontarf, Old Belvedere, UCD, Lansdowne, Cork Con, St Marys, Young Munster, Dolphin, Ballynahinch. Terenure
    6 Leinster, 3 Munster, 1 Ulster
    1B
    Garryowen, Buccaneers, UL Bohs, Corinthians, Belfast Harlequins, Trinity, Shannon, Malone. Galwegians, Ballymena
    1 Leinster, 3 Munster, 3 Connacht 3 Ulster
    2A
    Blackrock, Dungannon, City of Derry, UCC, Queens University, NUIM Barnhall, Cashel, Banbridge, Old Wesley, Rainey OB, Bective, Seapoint. Naas, Nenagh, Skerries, Thomond
    7 Leinster, 4 Munster, 5 Ulster
    2B
    Highfield, Old Crescent, Bruff, Greystones, Tullamore, Armagh, Navan, Richmond, Sundays Well, Midleton, DLSP, Ards, Sligo, Boyne, Wanderers, Kanturk
    6 Leinster, 7 Munster, 1 Connacht, 2 Ulster

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

When is the deadline for transfers? Anyone hearing much on player movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Braken

Corinthians rfc looking for a head coach for 2014/15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

When is the deadline for transfers? Anyone hearing much on player movement?
    There is a deadline in the coming days(June 1st) and until then you can move without consent but should get it from your club. You can move after this but it requires bit more work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Only 1 Limerick side in the top flight. When did that last happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭RuPi

Queens are looking for a new coach, the chat was it would be Willie Anderson although apparently there was 15 applicants for the job.

Rumours of players moving up here but no official confirmation from clubs.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    Only 1 Limerick side in the top flight. When did that last happen?
    Never and all but 3 seasons(including one just finished) has there been less than 3 Limerick sides in the top flight

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

YM have made a lot of signings. Rob Guerin & Gearoid Lyons from Shannon, martin kelly joining along with Neville Melbourne. Bohs re-signed Niall Kenneally, Jack Cullen joined Shannon

I think Guerin will be a huge loss for Shannon. Have to wonder will Cullen be able for the physicality of Div 1B especially behind a young Shannon pack. Surprised at Kenneally leaving Cons, thought he was comfortable at 1A level, think Bohs could make a huge push for promotion next season.

YM have made a lot of signings. Rob Guerin & Gearoid Lyons from Shannon, martin kelly joining along with Neville Melbourne. Bohs re-signed Niall Kenneally, Jack Cullen joined Shannon
    Thomond signing plenty as well or at least looking in big way round Limerick for players.
    Both Tipp sides have signed a few players though nothing confirmed yet. Hopefully better impression on 1A from non Dublin sides next season.
    I think Guerin will be a huge loss for Shannon. Have to wonder will Cullen be able for the physicality of Div 1B especially behind a young Shannon pack. Surprised at Kenneally leaving Cons, thought he was comfortable at 1A level, think Bohs could make a huge push for promotion next season.
    Think Cullen will be ok with physicality if he had older pack in front of him but agree the young pack Shannon will have will not be great for him.
    Kenneally is just returning from Con back to Bohs..

Any news on signings for division 2 clubs? Will assume Wanderers will have signed several for their first season back up senior.

Thomond signing plenty as well or at least looking in big way round Limerick for players.
    Both Tipp sides have signed a few players though nothing confirmed yet. Hopefully better impression on 1A from non Dublin sides next season.
    Think Cullen will be ok with physicality if he had older pack in front of him but agree the young pack Shannon will have will not be great for him.
    Kenneally is just returning from Con back to Bohs..

Any news on signings for division 2 clubs? Will assume Wanderers will have signed several for their first season back up senior.

Guerin is a massive loss, he's been one of the best 9s in Munster for quite a while at AIL level. Huge coup for YM. Cullen will struggle if Shannon don't bring in an enforcer or two to solidify there young pack.

Thomond are linked with everyone this time of the year. Should be strong next season. Would expect a huge push for top 4. Nenagh brought in YM centre/wing i believe. Talking to a mate in Limerick he was saying it'd be a massive signing for them, is a 1A player just fed up with YM by all accounts

• Advertisement

Guerin is a massive loss, he's been one of the best 9s in Munster for quite a while at AIL level. Huge coup for YM. Cullen will struggle if Shannon don't bring in an enforcer or two to solidify there young pack.

Thomond are linked with everyone this time of the year. Should be strong next season. Would expect a huge push for top 4. Nenagh brought in YM centre/wing i believe. Talking to a mate in Limerick he was saying it'd be a massive signing for them, is a 1A player just fed up with YM by all accounts
    Thomond are linked with a good few but with promotion up to 2A will get more to move to them and they are linked to a good number of players this time of year every year. Thomond wont push that much up in 2A. Not strong enough IMO and Nenagh will do better than them in 2A. Thomond have signed a few and will sign a few more players and strengthen considerably but wont push up to top table in 2A.
    Cullen may struggle but don't think he will even if Shannon have a young ish pack. He was with a struggling Bruff side last year and did ok and think he'll be fine with Shannon

I can't see either Nenagh or Thomond being as poor as Naas, Seapoint, Banbridge. Would be expecting both of them to be top 6. Momentum coming up and confidence is a huge thing!

I can't see either Nenagh or Thomond being as poor as Naas, Seapoint, Banbridge. Would be expecting both of them to be top 6. Momentum coming up and confidence is a huge thing!
    Oh I agree I think both are stronger than those sides but wouldn't be sure on Top 6. Skerries will go further than Thomond next year IMO as they were the second best team in the division and played second best brand of rugby in 2B last season. Momentum and confidence is huge but for both sides majority of players will be playing a higher level than they've ever played before and that'll take a while to adjust to.

Oh I agree I think both are stronger than those sides but wouldn't be sure on Top 6. Skerries will go further than Thomond next year IMO as they were the second best team in the division and played second best brand of rugby in 2B last season. Momentum and confidence is huge but for both sides majority of players will be playing a higher level than they've ever played before and that'll take a while to adjust to.

Thats why i think Thomond will do well. Will have 3 or 4 lads there with 1A exp coming from YM........add Dara O Neill, Brendan Guilfoyle and Darragh Payne to that list and you've 7 ex division 1/1A players.....

Thats why i think Thomond will do well. Will have 3 or 4 lads there with 1A exp coming from YM........add Dara O Neill, Brendan Guilfoyle and Darragh Payne to that list and you've 7 ex division 1/1A players.....
    As former member of Thomond I would like to see them but just don't think they will. They do have players coming through from elsewhere but don't have players coming through their own ranks enough to make up and while they're signing a few they wont be playing a brand of rugby to really go on and go up ranks much. Skerries and Nenagh will do better

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Braken

Guerin will be a big loss for shannon is a decent enough kicker and could play 10 when required,young dave evans played 9 on several occasions last season and will push cullen for starting spot..kenneally will be a big addition to bohs if he is coming back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Does anyone have a link to the league review show that was on TG4 at the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

2B: Tony O'Brien is Richmond's new head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

f1dan wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to the league review show that was on TG4 at the weekend?

Answering my own question here but anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Nba man

Any transfer news after June 1 squads named

• Advertisement

Nba man wrote: »
    Any transfer news after June 1 squads named
    Squads are never listed anywhere available to most people but you will hear some transfer news. The couple of 2B clubs who were promoted last season are building up with a few signings. Limerick clubs really pushing on with Munsters as only 1A side making a few signings and Shannon looking at having quite a young side next season as they bring through quite a few 19/20/21 year olds to first team

Heard bruff are still without a coach, could be a tough time for them next year in 2b, usually hear of a bit of player movement around Dublin clubs but all quiet so far, apart from old Wesley picking up a couple of forwards from garryowen,

Heard bruff are still without a coach, could be a tough time for them next year in 2b, usually hear of a bit of player movement around Dublin clubs but all quiet so far, apart from old Wesley picking up a couple of forwards from garryowen,
    Wont be that tough a time for Bruff if they can get the few wins to ensure survival with their older players at start of season and can integrate a lot of their strong under 18/20s from this season just gone into their first team set up through the season so that they can push on in the following seasons up the levels. Some of the coaching staff will still be involved AFAIK like Eoin Cahill who will still be playing but not coaching which will be of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

Old Belvedere, Lansdowne, Terenure and St. Mary's all doing a lot of work to bring in new faces. Especially the last 2.

Wanderers are recruiting heavily as well I've heard. Pretty much a while new squad signed in from what i've been told

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Old Belvedere, Lansdowne, Terenure and St. Mary's all doing a lot of work to bring in new faces. Especially the last 2.
    These sides always have fairly high turnover of players iirc. Nure and Marys have big advantage and disadvantage of being old boy clubs of big rugby schools. Will be interesting to see if they pick up (m)any from round the country who've moved to capital for work
    Wanderers are recruiting heavily as well I've heard. Pretty much a while new squad signed in from what i've been told
    No surprise they're recruiting a few but would be a shame to see them not stick primarily with those who got them back up to senior but they were always going to through chequebook at....

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

4 or 5 players from Munster signed already!

Lots of clubs making a mockery of new IRFU laws re material benefits especially accomadation but IRFU have put burden of proof on accusers so highly unlikely people will be able to get enough evidence to allow charges be brought against clubs who break the new regs!

Heard tagdh Bennett gone back to richmond and nenagh got Anthony kavanagh as player/coach from garryowen and mark Doyle from young munster, wonder how many more garryowen have lost, the two rowley brothers had gone to Wesley

Heard tagdh Bennett gone back to richmond and nenagh got Anthony kavanagh as player/coach from garryowen and mark Doyle from young munster, wonder how many more garryowen have lost, the two rowley brothers had gone to Wesley
    Bennett to Richmond would be a good move. Will be interesting how Nenagh go with Kavanagh in charge and Trev Hogan moving o.
    Garryowen will lose a few and Thomond/YM will pick up several as a result

• Advertisement

So Shannon are losing Bennett, Lyons and Guerin that could be massive for them unless they can bring someone of quality in.

Kavanagh as a player would be outstanding, he always stood out when I watched Garryowen, could be a good signing for Nenagh, not sure about him as a coach though. Any idea who else Garryowen are losing? I am sure they will be picking up any young player coming to limerick they have been always good at getting players in.

Think Bohs could be a strong bet for 1B next year though with Niall Kenneally coming back in.

Advertisement