Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we stop bullying the United Kingdom?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Probably my favourite satirists were John Bird and John Fortune (The Long Johns) and they did a brilliant sketch back in the mid 1990s on the EU which is scarily accurate over 20 years later

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So many in the UK have been stoked by this racist 'themun's took it all' factually untrue nonsense.
    Stoked by those who want Brexit to happen because they think they can gain from it and won't suffer much if it goes tits up. They don't care that the angry, easily stoked will be the ones to suffer recession and lack of hope that we haven't seen since the 80's.

Stoked up by the Murdoch media.

Who the EU don't listen to, but who 10 Downing Street do.

Mad coincidence, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,505 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Tomorrow's UK Sun is great for Varadkar's vote i'd imagine

Dif-UBiW0AAAjrA.jpg:large

Of course the Irish version will have the same headline I assume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I'm seriously considering cancelling Sky. Fed up with contributing to the Murdock empire tbh. Between the Sun and Fox News, I'm indirectly feeding a monster.

bob mcbob wrote: »
    Utter Drivel. My sister works in a GPs surgery in Edinburgh.
    Some of the problems she described to me are -
    - people making appointments and not turning up - it has gotten so bad that if they do it 3 times, they are removed from the practice
    - obesity - people told to lose weight and at the next appointment miraculously it goes up (despite not eating anything). Obese people need more medical care
    - ageing population - it maybe a surprise to you that older people need more medical care
    - GP's retiring

The biggest problem with the NHS isn’t the people that are sick, it’s the ones that think they are.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Aegir wrote: »
    bob mcbob wrote: »
    Utter Drivel. My sister works in a GPs surgery in Edinburgh.
    Some of the problems she described to me are -
    - people making appointments and not turning up - it has gotten so bad that if they do it 3 times, they are removed from the practice
    - obesity - people told to lose weight and at the next appointment miraculously it goes up (despite not eating anything). Obese people need more medical care
    - ageing population - it maybe a surprise to you that older people need more medical care
    - GP's retiring

The biggest problem with the NHS isn’t the people that are sick, it’s the ones that think they are.
    It's not designed for such a growing population per year and people are now just living too long.

Brexiteer Has Solution To Irish Border Problem: Go To War With Ireland

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/clive-bull/brexiteer-has-solution-irish-border-problem-war/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/clive-bull/brexiteer-has-solution-irish-border-problem-war/

How can they go to war when all their ammunition is going got get held up at the border :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Maybe they'll load up some trebuchets with rotting gammon along the Norn Iron border.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,123 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Taytoland wrote: »
    It's not designed for such a growing population per year and people are now just living too long.
    Don't worry. Brexit will soon fix that! ;)

• Advertisement

If war it must be, then war it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

UK wages war on Ireland (EU), EU retaliates, US comes to the aid of poor UK, World war ensues. Russia sits back and laughs.

I'd love to say it's never gonna happen... but in these days, anything could happen.

UK wages war on Ireland (EU), EU retaliates, US comes to the aid of poor UK, World war ensues. Russia sits back and laughs.

I'd love to say it's never gonna happen... but in these days, anything could happen.
    That's never gonna happen.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    That's never gonna happen.

I'm sure you're right. But, has anything happened in the last 10 years that you would have said was never gonna happen?

I'm sure you're right. But, has anything happened in the last 10 years that you would have said was never gonna happen?
    Yes. But this is never gonna happen. Trust me.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Yes. But this is never gonna happen. Trust me.

I do, but your faith in the sanity of people in power has survived the last 10 years better than mine. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Ah the Brits are going to war with Irish civilians.

I'm sure like the last time there's no chance it could backfire and blow up in their face.....

Oh wait.

Ah the Brits are going to war with Irish civilians.

no they're not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

You would get obliterated with the RAF destroying all and any facilities you might have to wage war. This is why I have said the UK government needs to form a great relationship with the US and go for rearmament and build the military in case it comes to a conflict with the EU with US backing. 
    I'd love to see the US destroy the EU in a conflict.

You would get obliterated with the RAF destroying all and any facilities you might have to wage war.
    Yes. The deployment of British military power worked out so well for them in the last Anglo-Irish war, didn't it?
    This is why I have said the UK government needs to form a great relationship with the US and go for rearmament and build the military in case it comes to a conflict with the EU with US backing. 
    You seem to be assuming that the US would be on the side of the UK in such a conflict!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

I think the British security forces are scared to come over anyway, remember last time? Over 1,000 of their members were slaughtered. They were forced to team up with loyalists to bomb and kill innocents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

You are a psychopath.

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    I think the British security forces are scared to come over anyway, remember last time? Over 1,000 of their members were slaughtered. They were forced to team up with loyalists to bomb and kill innocents.

yep, I'm sure the British military is **** scared of the Irish army. :rolleyes:

yep, I'm sure the British military is **** scared of the Irish army. :rolleyes:

The Irish Republican Army. :cool:

The Irish Republican Army. :cool:

I think it would be pretty safe to say that the British army would love the opportunity to take them on with the gloves off.

this really is a stupid conversation.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I think it would be pretty safe to say that the British army would love the opportunity to take them on with the gloves off.

It speaks to what Brexit has descended into.

Like I said, they're frightened to come over as last time they left with over 1,000 of their members in body bags. That's just the fact of the matter.

Like I said, they're frightened to come over as last time they left with over 1,000 of their members in body bags. That's just the fact of the matter.

one look at you and your keyboard and I'm sure they'd run a mile

You would get obliterated with the RAF destroying all and any facilities you might have to wage war. This is why I have said the UK government needs to form a great relationship with the US and go for rearmament and build the military in case it comes to a conflict with the EU with US backing. 

Not surprised at this to be honest, given your background.

• Advertisement

one look at you and your keyboard and I'm sure they'd run a mile

:D I'm not giving an opinion on the rights and wrongs of it but they took a bit of a thrashing last time so I'd doubt they'd be up for coming over again.

Advertisement