Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

and I've driven under the M18 bat bridge a few times

https://greennews.ie/44587-2/

Do you invite the ladies back to your bat cave? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Only these two....:P

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I think they reject everyone a few times hoping people give up

Yes very annoying, stick with it and don't give into their lies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Personal space invaders:mad:

Keep your distance - you don't have to be that close to me :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

RMAOK wrote: »

Standing in a queue and someone practically spooning you.

Get t'****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I just let rip with a proper, wet, cheek clapper of a fart. The ****ing fent of the thing would strip the walls of the shop back to the blockwork.
    Oh, it would be like cabbage, nappies and fish all tied up in a black back, left in summer's heat for a week then opened in a car you can't get out of.
    Let's see them stick that..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or just turn around coughing and sneezing without putting a hand in front of your mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

People who don’t turn off their headlights when they’re coming towards you.

Also people who drive over the white line on country roads. Stay on your own side ffs, there’s enough space over there like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Last summer I had a Ryanair flight from Dublin to Belgium.

The inbound flight was late over one hour, meh no big deal. We went through the gate and right at the steps the crew told us to go back inside, our plane was being switched to Dublin Manchester. Talk about last minute cancellation, they cancelled our flight when the passengers were on the steps. So the plane was fine, fit to fly just they took it off us and gave it others

Left Dublin over 4 hours late and arrived in Belgium near 1:30am and last bus was gone. Spent an uncomfortable night on the floor

My TA is lies !!!!! Sent my EU261 claim form with my Ryanair letter confirming the delay and was told "airport closure" so we pay you nada. Dublin was never closed. I gave my case to a claim company that do the work and take a cut. Again Ryanair state "airport closure"

Why you lie? To quote the mammy at this stage I'm not even angry, just disappointed that somebody would do this :confused:

I think they reject everyone a few times hoping people give up

Yep, thats how they operate, you're an inconvenience to them, and they'll drag things out until you go away. No personal experience with Ryanair, but with their sh!ttier rival, Aer Lingus. A particularly low moment was when my father was very sick a few years ago (thankfully back in good health now), and they refused to change a flight to the US two months out from the departure as pretty much 'the computer says no.' It was at a stage when we weren't sure if he'd see out that year, but we wanted to at least move it out to a date where he might have been able to fly if treatment worked. Wasn't looking for a freebie, just wanted flexibility on the dates, but may as well have been talking to a brick wall.

Aer Lingus also left my bag behind in Dublin once, took over 6 months and some arguing for them to reimburse me 40 quid for jocks, socks and toiletries I had to buy to tide me over until my bag arrived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People that take their cushy job way too seriously for what it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People mixing up BBC and ITV when talking about old television shows.
    Usually stating that they watched ITV shows on BBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    When you swallow a tablet and it feels like it gets stuck halfway down

I cant, I have to chew them up, even when it says not to..Taste gack.
    I can swallow a piece of pizza no problem though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

I just let rip with a proper, wet, cheek clapper of a fart. The ****ing fent of the thing would strip the walls of the shop back to the blockwork.
    Oh, it would be like cabbage, nappies and fish all tied up in a black back, left in summer's heat for a week then opened in a car you can't get out of.

Class..must rem that one !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People that take their cushy job way too seriously for what it is

Hell to the yeah! Making work for other people while they're at it.

4Ad wrote: »
    I cant, I have to chew them up, even when it says not to..Taste gack.
    I can swallow a piece of pizza no problem though !

My boyfriend’s the same, always has to get soluble tablets. The one I was referring to was a capsule one, could feel it stuck somewhere, rotten feeling.

• Advertisement

Brilliant :D:D:D

Another thing that seriously annoys me is people not washing their hands after using the Jack's. There is a sink and soap there for a reason :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,836 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hate people using the clapping hands emoji under news articles and in generally!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

When sports correspondents/commentators refer to Celtic as 'Glasgow Celtic'. The correct title is Celtic Football Club. After all you don't refer to Arsenal as London Arsenal. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Brilliant :D:D:D

Another thing that seriously annoys me is people not washing their hands after using the Jack's. There is a sink and soap there for a reason :mad::mad:

Or worse, the lads that go straight from the jacks to the dryer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mornings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Was made permanent in my job. Team mates are joking that they expect me to bring in buns to celebrate. But I know they're not joking. Jog on mate. Not a ****ing chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Bought a chicken fillet wrap today,not as nice as i would have hoped.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There is a woman that I work with, I get along great with her. But she has a habit of standing very close to me and rubbing her boobs off me.
    I've been watching to see if she does this with others as well, I haven't noticed it.
    Boobs are great and all, but I prefer honka honka'ing them instead of them being brushed off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA for Boom Bap he can't cop a good feel of the boobies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Jrop wrote: »

Boom Bap Now known as Boob Baps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MOLF Hunter

Count Down wrote: »
    When sports correspondents/commentators refer to Celtic as 'Glasgow Celtic'. The correct title is Celtic Football Club. After all you don't refer to Arsenal as London Arsenal. :confused:

TA as to why they pronounce it as seltik and not Keltic as is the proper pronunciation for that word

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Boom Bap Now known as Boob Baps

Ah be honest, wasn't that his real name all along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,530 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA as to why they pronounce it as seltik and not Keltic as is the proper pronunciation for that word

Because the word originally came from the french celtique which is pronounced with a soft C. The hard C pronunciation came later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Tolerance for humans is very low today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jrop wrote: »

1402550169662.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The cycles of boob talk that seem to hit this thread every few weeks. It's a bit bizarre. Like being in primary school again.

Also, the person who accidentally put a decaf pod in the coffee machine in work this morning, obviously realised their mistake but then just left it in there and used the other machine instead, necessitating ten minutes with a knife and spoon to get it out before I could make mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also, the person who accidentally put a decaf pod in the coffee machine in work this morning, obviously realised their mistake but then just left it in there and used the other machine instead, necessitating ten minutes with a knife and spoon to get it out before I could make mine.

You will find them..........and you will kill them.

Because the word originally came from the french celtique which is pronounced with a soft C. The hard C pronunciation came later.

It's actually much older than that in origin...greek... ;)

It came into english from the french.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My yearly complaint about chilblains! Horrible itchy burning sore bastards on my toes caused by the drop in temperature. Thought I had escaped them this year but no such luck. Anyone who suffers will feel my pain

All stemmed from a Greek word, that's not in doubt

Regardless of where the word Celtic came from, when Fr Walfrid and others formed Celtic FC, they wanted a name which would resonate with both the Irish immigrants and the native Scots. I have read that the original pronunciation was intended to be the hard K but that never took hold and the soft C pronunciation was used almost immediately.

My TA: Rangers FC (to keep the post on topic!)

Regardless of where the word Celtic came from, when Fr Walfrid and others formed Celtic FC, they wanted a name which would resonate with both the Irish immigrants and the native Scots. I have read that the original pronunciation was intended to be the hard K but that never took hold and the soft C pronunciation was used almost immediately.

My TA: Rangers FC (to keep the post on topic!)

My TA..is Celtic FC :)

My yearly complaint about chilblains! Horrible itchy burning sore bastards on my toes caused by the drop in temperature. Thought I had escaped them this year but no such luck. Anyone who suffers will feel my pain

Cold sores/ chapped lips are another annoyance of the cold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Brexit threads full of speculation.
    I just hope it's done soon so people will stop guessing and discuss the facts as they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The excessive number of ad breaks on US TV shows, and the shows that do a 30s recap of what happened in the last segment. Do Americans have a really short attention span?

Waking up at stupid o'clock and being unable to get back to sleep, especially when it's been going on for months. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that not many ppl have heard of bonzodog do daa band

My TA..is Celtic FC :)

:mad:

MOLF Hunter has just been added to my TA list!

Not really a TA, but it feels strange. I’m still in the group chat for the flat in Leeds, and today (I think) a new girl moved in, to replace me, obviously. I know it’s not my flat because I moved out and all that, but it still feels a little weird, to think of someone else being in “my” room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

So among the list of all these annoying “challenges” that seem to be flooding social media of late apparently there’s a new one doing the rounds inspired by Bird Box on Netflix where you try and drive your car blindfolded!!!
    “Bird Box challenge” it’s called. Absolute thicks! Darwin awards challenge more like

10 year challenge is another one. It's not really a challenge having to root out a photo off social media from 10 years ago, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

My TA is people who don't enjoy boob talk :p

Never grow up folks, never grow up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

10 year challenge is another one. It's not really a challenge having to root out a photo off social media from 10 years ago, is it?

Most of these make me sad because it just highlights how much work people have had done on their faces. Also the way they speak about their younger selves “ugh state of me yuck”. You were lovely shut up.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    My TA is people who don't enjoy boob talk :p

Never grow up folks, never grow up :)

Boob talk IS grown up talk.

TA for today - waiters/ waitresses just waiting for the second you finish your cup of coffee/ tea etc so they can take the cup. Or the other one, walking by looking into the cup to see are you finished just so they can swipe it. :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement