Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Options
  • 01-12-2009 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that the TA game of 2010 will currently be at Sennybridge on the 29/30 May.

This will be using the new BattleSim format and will center around the Chernarus Conflict created by Bohemia Interactive Studios in the PC game ARMA2. I have obtained the permission from Bohemia Interactive to use the storyline and the factions found in the game, which is based around a civil war in a fictitious eastern european country.

Many of the rules are being revised with updated medic cards (which will now be issued to everyone), in game mortars with realistic shell scattering, and tweaked airstrikes so that players in buildings surrounding the target area will be concussed but not killed.

This is just a few of the great new features.

I am also launching a new website in the new year, which explains the difference between the two new game formats, BattleSim & TacOps, as well as a complete description of the Chernarus Conflict and factions. I am also introducing a new gaming guide sections that contains guides on preparing for the weekend, command, communication etc.

I will keep you updated.

You can also find updates on Facebook and Twitter

All the best.

Ian

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

If this is anything like PR3 it'll be great., :D I should be there.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Cheers mate.

The BattleSim games will be very much focused around the type of gaming you experienced at PR3, as opposed to the other PR games.

Realism is always important to me, but with BattleSim, gameplay will not be sacrificed in the name of realism. The same can not be said of TacOps :D *** evil sadistic laugh ***

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Hell yeah. The first of the TacOps was great, dying to try Sennybridge and the BattleSim format too. I should be there unless my feet are nailed to something too heavy to lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Time to dig the Russian flora out then:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Puding wrote: »
    Time to dig the Russian flora out then:D

And a spare AEG spring ... ;)

Hell yeah. The first of the TacOps was great, dying to try Sennybridge and the BattleSim format too.

On that note, any idea of when the next tacops event might be wormbyte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

At the moment this moment, no.

I was hoping to take it back to Swynnerton around July but its smack bang in the middle of camp season.

March and April is a no go for me personally with the new baby due.

Another alternative is to use Sennybridge and extend the playing area out in to Area 3 (the valley below the village).

July is the preferred date for me but its a case of finding a venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I cant wait for this - time for the irish platoon to head over again I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

You Mean BOTH of the irish contingents from PR3? :P one on EACH side.

Sounds grand Ian.... Looking forward to this... been plotting an eastern european rebel type look... perfect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Added to calendar.

Excellent news! Really looking forward to this. Thanks Ian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've withdrawn myself from Berget 2010 and was kinda dissapointed.

Came into work to hear this fantastic news and it has literally lifted my mood.

I am definitely in, this is going to be my big trip for 2010 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

And a spare AEG spring ...

just like france v ireland, it will never be forgotten :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Awesome. Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Deadly ill be all over that like a cheap suit

will be good to see a good irish bunch at this like Pr3 again all though i only seen who'm i played with on our section i never knew Pudding and all the gang from Cork was there playin on the other side

well ill look forward to playing along side and against some of you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

+1. I'll be there with bells on.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

what would the cost be (roughly) and how many days would you need to go and come , would love to go to this....:D.... could one drive to such a fine event,,,,,,Geevs bring round the bently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

what would the cost be (roughly) and how many days would you need to go and come , would love to go to this....:D.... could one drive to such a fine event

All you need to know is in this thread.

moggser wrote: »
    Deadly ill be all over that like a cheap suit

will be good to see a good irish bunch at this like Pr3 again all though i only seen who'm i played with on our section i never knew Pudding and all the gang from Cork was there playin on the other side

well ill look forward to playing along side and against some of you

Yeah his good-traitor-self and i believe horgan_p were there, The only time i saw them though was when we were shouting "Durty irish bastards" at them from the top of one of the last buildings we took.,:D

Masada wrote: »
    his good-traitor-self

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lemming wrote: »
    Who?

Thierry Henry, his ma is irish and he wasn't taking his hits.

• Advertisement

LOL, Ohh the paranoia.

In other news, Look like at least 5 hawks confirmed so far on our own forum, most likely more to follow. :)

Dis is Gunna be greeeah!

LOL, Ohh the paranoia.

Since you have "artfully£ sidestepped the question, one assumes that you are in fact attempting to take a swing at me. So, you can kindly take your passive-aggressive nice-guy routine and stick it where the sun most certainly does not shine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

It would seem pretty clear to me that he's talking about Pudding in a light hearted way due to him playing for the other team.

So can everyone kindly relax. This is certainly not the place to be airing personal bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

In other news, Look like at least 5 hawks confirmed so far on our own forum, most likely more to follow. :)

Dis is Gunna be greeeah!

6 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

this sounds class! i'll be well up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

when will the tickets be on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Eh probably not til february or march :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Sweet baby jesus! After reading what was written on the other thead about PR3, I have to go to this. It would be great of all the Irish could get on the same side this time and really carve out a reputation as an Airsoft nation to be reckoned with. I will make it my goal in the New Year to be on this Jolly Boys Outing, even if I have to put herself on a corner in Merrion Square to get the funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

For sale 1 kidney
    half a liver

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

Urge to blow sh1t up and stay awake for 48 hours fuelled by madness overcoming urge to not be broke....

Advertisement