Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

What ya mean by new threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

threads ---->> cloths ---->> camo

sorry must be an English/Essex phrase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

yeah, that's deadly.

I finish a US army loadout, and now we're Marines, fannnnntastic.

Or, i could follow through on my Russian loadout plans, and die in poverty.

yeah, that's deadly.

I finish a US army loadout, and now we're Marines, fannnnntastic.

Or, i could follow through on my Russian loadout plans, and die in poverty.

marines are in multicam and played by staff from the information on the forum

Puding wrote: »
    threads ---->> cloths ---->> camo

sorry must be an English/Essex phrase :)

Ah i getcha, wasn't sure if ya meant posting threads, or actual cloth ones., :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Fireborn wrote: »
    Anyone/groups going from galway? would love to go, but i've no car.

Or, anyone going from anywhere with room in their car/van/bus/apc/C17/blackhawk, with room for a noob and his gear? will ofc pay petrol etc. Am willing to travel to for a pick up. Really would like to go to this.

Cheers

Fireborn

I'm 99% certain I'm attending this event, I'd be going from Limerick if you're interested? I'd have space for 1 other plus gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

marines are in multicam and played by staff from the information on the forum

Forums are down for me.

well then, this'll be interesting so...

Masada wrote: »
    Ah i getcha, wasn't sure if ya meant posting threads, or actual cloth ones., :D

mean thread in terms of cloths considering your normal multicam is being used by staff :)

ah right., far as i know we'll be able to wear it anyway, but im going PMC so dont matter.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Forums are a bit flakey.

There are 4 factions, 2 of them played by staff. 2 player factions are tan and Green DPM/Urban.

So flecktarn it is then.

• Advertisement

Forums are down for me.

well then, this'll be interesting so...

a lot slower than the old one it seems and not the most stable :(

brief team info im positive ian will expand it, i would imagine tan would be along the same lines as berget e.g light camo, so desert dpm desert marpat stuff like that, but that just me you might want to check with ian

Chernarussian Defence Forces "CDF"
    Chernarussian military has been trained by Western armies in past years, but it retains weapons and equipment of the Soviet Army, its direct predecessor. Its main task during the past years was to fight challenging counter-insurgecy campaign in the mountainous regions of Northern Chernarus.

Battle Dress Uniform: Tan colours

United States Marine Corps
    USMC deployment in Chernarus consists of 27th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable), which is supposed to overturn the balance in the civil war in the favor of Chernarussian government. Marines are skilled in assymetrical warfare and are backed up by superior weapons and technology.

Battle Dress Uniform: Multicam

Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star "ChDKZ"

Although the communist insurgency has its roots as an underground movement, it is now a conventional force with military structure and weapon platforms captured from the Chernarussian government or provided by international arms dealers. This has given ChDKZ (aka "Chedaki") enough power to start a coup against the government.

Battle Dress Uniform: Green DPM / Urban Camo (or a combination of the two)

National Party "NAPA"

Nationalist guerillas of the National Party is an underground movement lacking sophisticated weapons, but their knowledge of the country, military expertise from civil war and underground network make them serious opponents to both communist guerillas and government forces.

Battle Dress Uniform: Civilian Clothing / Olive Drab (or a combination of the two)
    So flecktarn it is then.

desert flecktarn nice choice, always liked that stuff :)

Masada wrote: »
    ah right., far as i know we'll be able to wear it anyway, but im going PMC so dont matter.,:)

might be able to, im just going by the info posted today, the fact multicam is mention for the specific marine faction would normly mean it exclusive to them to help identify them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Much as I love Ian, the camo rules for this thing are completely arseways.

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children should be in MARPAT and nothing else. Otherwise, why bother calling them Marines? Why not generic American SF? It's illogical, Captain.

The CDF should be wearing any Russian camo, especially their summer/autumn/arid camos. Or a mixture, just like the real ones do.

The ChDKZ can wear anything green, like Flecktarn or DPM.

And where does Pink & Black fit into all this? :)

OzCam wrote: »
    Much as I love Ian, the camo rules for this thing are completely arseways.

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children should be in MARPAT and nothing else. Otherwise, why bother calling them Marines? Why not generic American SF? It's illogical, Captain.

The CDF should be wearing any Russian camo, especially their summer/autumn/arid camos. Or a mixture, just like the real ones do.

maybe offer your services to ian :) but with the planing ian puts into these im shore there is some logic behind the team and camo, but i agree considering the theme and story would make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

SUCH a fanboy... do people ever ask why your nose smells of poo?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

so where will polish woodland get me, im on for this but want end up playing with boards members do i need a new kit?

just got a reply back from ian about russian camo flora flecktarn d ss summer ( in gorka and partizan suit ) all ok for the 'green team'

apparently, it wont. This is being... a very interesting turn of events for TA... suspect it wont get as much interest as normal being this anal

so where will polish woodland get me, im on for this but want end up playing with boards members do i need a new kit?

more than likely come under the green dpm side but your best bet is to check with ian on the ta events form or pm him

...but with the planing ian puts into these im shore there is some logic behind the team and camo, but i agree considering the theme and story would make sense

Ian's planning is legendary, and as everyone knows :) I've spent a fortune on Multi, it's just that it makes no sense to call that group USMC. The Marines will never wear anything else than their own pattern, and there are several units of US SF in the 'Stan wearing Multi right now whose names you could use instead for that faction.

Maybe the choice is imposed on Ian by the trademark owner, but it's still completely illogical. :confused:

Edit: I can imagine the Marines' reaction to being told to wear UPC... "SIR! This Corps doesn't think so, SIR!

• Advertisement

can't get onto TA forum's at the min'.....:D what are most of the boards lads wearing this year:D....lets start another war, which gear would ye recomend multicam or flectarn,need some new gear anywho

sorry just missed this, should really be the other way round in terms of camo, you still want the loyal russians in russian gear considering the east v west over all theme, but you can see the logic in not having two teams in green that ian has gone for

I think Ian's moving stuff around at the moment, it might settle down tomorrow.

For Irish rural conditions, you can't go wrong with Flecktarn. Cheap, good quality, available everywhere. Almost anything you can think of in fleck is available from ASMC.de. I just wish I liked the look of it a bit more.

can't get onto TA forum's at the min'.....:D what are most of the boards lads wearing this year:D....lets start another war, which gear would ye recomend multicam or flectarn,need some new gear anywho

more down to what team your going on and what the restricts for that team are first, as it stands multicam is for usmc 'staff', normal flecktarn would be Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star and desert flecktarn would be Chernarussian Defence Forces, so pick team then sort camo out for that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

WEll I'm spoiled for choice, although I had planned to rock the mixture ( essentially pmc)

I'm sure I'll make a choice when their is more detailed information :)

sorry just missed this, should really be the other way round in terms of camo, you still want the loyal russians in russian gear considering the east v west over all theme,

Sorry, I got mixed up. It makes my point though. :)

Maybe the camos will get sorted out from forum comments by the time he opens up the booking. We can't be the only ones to spot it.

We are preparing to move the TA Events website to another hosting company which will mean that the forum will be offline for a number of days during the move.

But once we are back online, we will be pushing the details out for the next big game in May.

We will also be launching the new TA Events website once everything has moved to the new server.

Another email will be sent out in a few days to advise you that we are back online.

Regards,
    Ian Wermerling

what sides are ye going to play,on i never been before and don't want to be over there on me tod

No need to worry about that just yet, fleecy, there's plenty of time and you'll be found a billet somewhere.

Besides, some of us will have to decide on sides based on camos and/or who is available to shoot at.

Read up on the Phoenix Rising threads in the meantime. Sennybridge ain't a picnic, even in May.

• Advertisement

Read up on the Phoenix Rising threads in the meantime. Sennybridge ain't a picnic, even in May.
    man up :D

Aah... its may... I may just be healed in time for this... i swear i read march first time :confused::D:rolleyes:

Ruskie with the Pudmeister it is then :D

Advertisement