Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 8 - 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

So what was the issue you had on your return journey?

No issue with boarding, just was exhausted and missed the shaggin flight. It cost me 800 euro to rebook and to cover 2 extra nights accomodation. I got 2 free cans of Coke though. Score.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

scanlant wrote: »
    No issue with boarding, just was exhausted and missed the shaggin flight.

Tadhg, you're ****ing confusing me now.
    First you said you were on a flight with us then you said you missed your flight?

Tadhg, you're ****ing confusing me now.
    First you said you were on a flight with us then you said you missed your flight?

I was booked on the same return flight as you, but missed it (I was panned out on the bed).

Had to rebook and paid heavily for the **** up. Needless to say, I learned my lesson.

No way, and you weren't in the same hotel as us, were you?

I'm thinking this year we go straight to the game and do two or three days in Stockholm after the game.

No way, and you weren't in the same hotel as us, were you?

*sigh* no. I was at the Radisson SAS at the airport (not the one in the airport, but that would have added extra fail) to boot. I woke at 9.48. The plane left at 9.50. Fail. :(

Stop laughing down the back!

• Advertisement

Jinkies, this is why I'm proposing we set more time aside between the end of the game and the flight home in order get a proper rest, and not run the risk of missing a flight.

Jinkies, this is why I'm proposing we set more time aside between the end of the game and the flight home in order get a proper rest, and not run the risk of missing a flight.

It's also worth bearing in mind that nothing too severe happened me during the trip. I only missed a flight. I could have broken something during the event (believe me), or something else. It's all a matter of perspective. It's only money.

Would I do it all over again? Abso-****ing-lutely. Well, I'd probably get a wake-up call in the hotel, but otherwise I'd do it again.

I get what you're saying, but look at it in this perspective.

We got back to Stockholm in the afternoon, checked in, showered like we had been raped, went out for dinner, then had to get our gear ready for the an early departure.
    Basically, we didn't get to bed too early, but were then up at five or six to catch the flight.

I would have murdered Doc to have stayed in bed for a further 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Seconded.

Maybe one day in Stockholm before, certainly not as much as last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The reason for the flights as they were last time was not down to random choice. Those were the only viable direct flights (ergo. cheapest and most legally straightforward) available.

Dates as I recall were Flights out Sunday and Monday (at same price), Flight back on following Monday morning. The nex direct flight after that wasn't until Wednesday or Thursday if I recall.

You can go do extra days or do other times or whatnot; please just be aware that a) you'll most likely pay much more since you'll have to do changeovers and b) at risk of potential hassle & delays over transfer of airsoft kit.

It's your call (whoever "you" end up being); I'm just pointing out the possible ramifications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I thought it was great craic

Yeah, I forgot about the flights. It's all subject to price and availability, innit?

TheDoc wrote: »
    I thought it was great craic

Shame there was so much more we didn't get to see or do in Stockholm. When we arrived on Sunday, we were too late to take advantage of the tours around the waterways in ribs. Basically you get to p*ss about at high speed through Stockholm's waterways for a giggle. Yes please :D
    OzCam wrote: »
    Yeah, I forgot about the flights. It's all subject to price and availability, innit?

Yeah. The one bane of airsoft is international travel is not so straightforward. Anyone got a herc and a flight crew handy?

isnt it a different site this time, so depending on its location is stockholme still the destination?

While flights are a hassle I have to say that SAS weren't.

Doc, I'd say it's safe to assume that the gamezone will be accesible from Stockholm by some form of transport or another for the simple reason that there will be alot of people coming internationaly, and they would want to make it as easily accesible as possible.

TheDoc wrote: »
    isnt it a different site this time, so depending on its location is stockholme still the destination?

Was meant to be a different site this year too (further south) but equidistant in travel terms to the year previous.

TBH, the gamezone will be wherever they can get their hands on. But international flights mean that Stockholm is more than likely your landing point. Whilst you can fly into Sundsvall, no international flights are available from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

besides, the train is more comfortable and less hastle

The intended site is in the "Vasternorrland area".

Assuming BE get the necessary permissions and it doesn't change between now and June, that's an hour and 20 minutes (100km) up the E4 from Sundsvall. It's 46km from Harnosand and 4km further to the nearest town. I could see someone popping down to the shops for a burger, but only if you were really hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Deffo gonna book this on the 31st!, Now, The quetsion i have is what teams are you planning on going for?, I would like to be playing with irish players i know if possible, Im also rocking out in MC so NAF Forces for me, Dont know if i want to play psiops for my first time, 5th Infantry looks good?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Not coming this year. Need to save some cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Not coming this year. Need to save some cash.

Saving up to buy a hard case instead of a rucksack? Epic lolz.

Any previous bergeteers ever taken SAS via Copenhagen? Flying out of Stockholm on tuesday instead of monday would be just lovely, but the only SAS flight is via CPH (Operated by SAS both legs).

Airsoft is kind of illegal in the Netherlands, so I'm assuming this is a big-no-no.

This basically means we're in the same boat as last year, with the options being getting up at stupid O'Clock on monday morning for a flight at 10, or staying in Stockholm for the same flght on the wednesday (which I personally have no objection to, but it's probably not everyone's cup of tea).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I sort of commute to Sweden with SAS on an almost weekly basis, and most weeks I come home through the Copenhagen. While I didn't go to Berget I can give you some tips. CPH is a great airport, bigger, and better in every way than Dublin even though it takes less passengers every year. There is a small walk (5-10 min) from the pier where the Swedish flights get in, to the gates for non-Schengen flights.

Baggage has been a problem for me there. I usually make sure there is 60 minutes between flights. Anything less and bags tend to go missing. Airsoft gear might make things a little more awkward, and I can imagine the implications of "guns" going missing in an airport are far more serious.

One other thing that might be a problem. SAS are in a lot of difficulty at the moment and are supposed to be selling off a number of aircraft. We have heard rumours that the direct flight to Dublin, which was reduced in frequency from every day, may be cut entirely. You may end up with no choice but to take the Copenhagen option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

mightbe worth looking at freighting kit over in groups instead.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Any previous bergeteers ever taken SAS via Copenhagen? Flying out of Stockholm on tuesday instead of monday would be just lovely, but the only SAS flight is via CPH (Operated by SAS both legs).

Airsoft is kind of illegal in the Netherlands, so I'm assuming this is a big-no-no.

This basically means we're in the same boat as last year, with the options being getting up at stupid O'Clock on monday morning for a flight at 10, or staying in Stockholm for the same flght on the wednesday (which I personally have no objection to, but it's probably not everyone's cup of tea).

Dave, Copenhagen isn't in The Netherlands.
    It's in Denmark, in which SAS is also the flag carrier.
    I'm not familiar on Danish laws, but since it would all be done through SAS, I expect it would all be pretty straightforward.

Yeah, I wondered about that too... judging by the number of Danes at Berget, I doubt that going via wonderful Copenhagen would be a problem. Lovely country.

If any bags are less likely to get lost in the transhipment baggage area of an airport, it's the ones with a Firearm tag on them.

Dave, Copenhagen isn't in The Netherlands.
    It's in Denmark, in which SAS is also the flag carrier.
    I'm not familiar on Danish laws, but since it would all be done through SAS, I expect it would all be pretty straightforward.

Argh. Geography fail.

Yeah, if that would work out,t hen it'd be great.

I'm actually half tempted to look into freighting stuff anyway. The only thing with that is if it doesn't show up we're double****ed.

Youd want to be sending alot of gear to make it worthwhile.

If I'm just brining an mp7 and pistols, it would not make economical sense for me to pay the same as anyone else, or anything near it.

However it does mean that I can give my stormcase to share.

I'd say I could easily fit 3 peoples rifles and pistols in one stormcase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I'll take you up on that DOC.

• Advertisement

Yeah no problem, sure its early days, but my plan at the moment is to just bring a seriously pimped out pistol, mags for it, and an mp7. We got mostly in close range combat last year, and I don't want to be held by an engagement range.

Plus it looks like I might be going psyops which would entail alot of infiltration and fast movement, and I dont want to be lumbered with a heavy rifle.

Plus the misses is buying me this

tm-gbb-dw43_1_mark.jpg

Shes just a little sweetheart, her exact words " Well I figured since it was brown, youd love me that little bit more if I gotcha it"

How bloody right she was, she got a little hug, a rub on the shoulder, a slap around the head and some education

" Its called tan dear, now stop crying"

Advertisement