Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 8 - 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mis-interpratation much, did I forget to put a smiley in my post?

Granted the fact I wasnt ordered at any point to move my section into Bashir city and we were one of the more troublesome platoons I found it wishy washy to just nuke the city. I felt we should have isnerted and tried to extract civilians.

Anyway hopefully something different for me next year, I'd be happy enough to just go and larp the week away, I wasnt going there for gunfights haha, I was there for the lols and everything other then shooting a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Our base was nuked too Doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

TheDoc wrote: »
    Mis-interpratation much, did I forget to put a smiley in my post?

Granted the fact I wasnt ordered at any point to move my section into Bashir city and we were one of the more troublesome platoons I found it wishy washy to just nuke the city. I felt we should have isnerted and tried to extract civilians.

Anyway hopefully something different for me next year, I'd be happy enough to just go and larp the week away, I wasnt going there for gunfights haha, I was there for the lols and everything other then shooting a gun.
    It's just a game....

Berget 8 site to be launched tonight at 20:00.

Is anyone else drippin like a George Forman?

Our base was nuked too Doc.

I thought we were outside of the blast radius, o well :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

http://www.berget-events.com/?page=events&sub=berget8&s=2

Looks like there isnt a NATO side this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Good team choices for me seem to be:

- Poldavian Psyops, sneakiness, something new. Looks fun for a change.
    - NAF 5th/23rd Infantry, lots of defending, fortifications, arty, on the front lines, plenty of brappage.
    - NAF 3rd Ranger - more hardcore defnce. Ammo limits. No offgame. More proper milslim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Hmm not sure if I'm going again this year but tbh I'm tempted by the civlians/bandits/mercs or caputered civilians I like the larp idea and wanna give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Hmmm. This requires careful consideration.

I had a look at the Vasternorrland area. Most of it is at 200m and it ain't flat.

At least there's a good choice of roles this time. I guess we'll probably split up a bit more than last time, but at least we should still have sections together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

If the leavin cert dont stand in me way Ill be there for the hell of it :D

• Advertisement

- NAF 5th/23rd Infantry,

Sounds like it was tailored for the hawks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

8.5 joule max sniper limit? :eek: I'd say that's going to result in some serious "holy sh1t what was that" moments

8.5 joule max sniper limit? :eek: I'd say that's going to result in some serious "holy sh1t what was that" moments

Might put a rifle together for this specifically

Pretty sure your mistaken man its around 3.96 joules

Might put a rifle together for this specifically

There's no point Doc I was bored ****less last year with my 500fps rifle because of the minimum engagement

There's no point Doc I was bored ****less last year with my 500fps rifle because of the minimum engagement
    Get used to it... everyone else in the world uses one for 500s... Then again, if you can't hit it outside the minimum engagement distance, you're doing something fundimentally wrong...

8.5j? **** playing against that... im under the belief also, its around 3j ish... 700fps iirc with 50m min engagement. Not too big a deal at that power limit... most achivable hitswise if you know what you're doing and set your rifle up right.

- NAF 5th/23rd Infantry,

Sounds like it was tailored for the hawks ;)

In fairness, they very much look like they are the NATO-esque force.
    Hmm not sure if I'm going again this year but tbh I'm tempted by the civlians/bandits/mercs or caputered civilians I like the larp idea and wanna give it a shot
    Are you taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Are you taking the piss?

why would he be taking the piss with that?

Cause he sat around the camp doing **** all last year ;)

He larp'd as a bum

Well... I don't disagree with him frankly... Larp airsoft can be great craic, There was an excelent interogation i conducted at a game earlier this year which made the whole thing worth while... we actually aquired a crowd of spectators we acted it up so much...

The civi side looks good, but personally im looking at the Pavlova Psyops side... Undercover ninja'ness, sneaky beaky misions and generally being the 'bad guys' seems fun.

My take on this is... something akin to bosnia, or perhaps Georgia, The Pavlovas ( i know thats not thier real name, but its funnier) Are your russians/ serbs... with the NAF being the smaller rebel defenders.. well, in this case it shares more with bosnia like Berget 4... Big dogs go attack civilians and defense force... I think it has good scope frankly.

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    Get used to it... everyone else in the world uses one for 500s... Then again, if you can't hit it outside the minimum engagement distance, you're doing something fundimentally wrong...

8.5j? **** playing against that... im under the belief also, its around 3j ish... 700fps iirc with 50m min engagement. Not too big a deal at that power limit... most achivable hitswise if you know what you're doing and set your rifle up right.

The thing is we always seem to be too close to the enemy to use a 500fps rifle it was always a dark cqbish forest like area

or perhaps Georgia

was what come to my mind when i read it

Max velocity for class 8 bolt action sniper -> 199 m/s (Min engagement 40 meters)
    Max bb weight for a class 8 rifle -> 0.43 g

1/2.m.v^2

1/2 (0.00043 kg) (199 m/s)^2

(0.000215) (39601)

= 8.5 Joules :)

I think the waiting around would be worthwhile, even for one of the days

Puding wrote: »
    why would he be taking the piss with that?

Not only did he sit around doing nothing but upon arrival, Doc & Gerrow gave spiels about how we should get into the Larp.
    Seriously, they spieled for a good half hour.
    Afterwards, a brief silence bestowed our section, then Cheeky lifts his head and says with utter contempt, 'I'm not calling you 'sir''.

Face palms ensued.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

The max velocity is using a .20 bb so it would be about 3.9J

facepalm

anything to distract me from reports I guess! :rolleyes:

Max velocity for class 8 bolt action sniper -> 199 m/s (Min engagement 40 meters)

1/2.m.v^2

(0.000215) (39601)

im afraid not , the m/s is with .20 so your joule limit is about 3.89 ish as already mentioned

1/2.m.v^2

(0.000215) (39601)

I hope your teachers never see that one... (they may want that leaving cert back) its around 3.9j, 700fps ish.
    The thing is we always seem to be too close to the enemy to use a 500fps rifle it was always a dark cqbish forest like area
    Thats the job of the sniper... Dont follow them into the 'dark cqbish forrest'... Find a spot that gives you the chance to do your job, and let them come to you, or hit them from somewhere apropriate... its al location location location... and not just the property market ;)
    then Cheeky lifts his head and says with utter contempt, 'I'm not calling you 'sir''.
    +1 to cheeky

Firekitten wrote: »
    I hope your teachers never see that one... (they may want that leaving cert back) its around 3.9j, 700fps ish.

Yes thanks, copped that one from the last few replies...
    just skimmed over the numbers, missed the bit mentioning .2g.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Hmmm. Anyone got a ballpark on the cost it would be to get there and play? I am deeply interested - perhaps I will build that 'cannon' :D

Advertisement