Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 8 - 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I love that picture. It looks like Oz has had rigor mortis set in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the scary thing is that's a before shot ! the after game shot is censored and requires age verification to view ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Skatedude wrote: »
    Ps, what was that avon product that worked as mosquito repellent?

Skin So Soft. I believe it's available as a spray. It does work, but only for about 4 hours and has to be reapplied frequently. I don't know how compatible it is with camouflage cream or whether sweat washes it off.

I found Ultrathon to work brilliantly. Search the Berget threads from earlier this year for a detailed description of insect repellents.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I love that picture. It looks like Oz has had rigor mortis set in.

Point is , even if you dont think you need down time.you do.
    Its 3 days , not a sunday skirmish.
    I'll be better prepared for this one though.

I found this new post on the Berget forum. The explanation of different play types might be handy for the newer players reading this thread, and the Berget-jargon is useful for those of us who are deciding which unit to join in B8.

What type of player are you? This might be in handy if you are new to Berget.

Here you can see the group you belong to according to the Berget Standard.

Beginner:
    Has participated in some local games in their homeland, have been attracted to Berget of their more experienced players. Very often is this category involved in problems during the event when they have not read the rules properly and assumed Berget being like their local Sunday games . Do often complain about lack of action, showers and other comfortables.

TIP: Read the rules! Read Veterans corner on the forum!

Speedball Player:
    Playing airsoft as it were a contest, often calls the event a tournament that they must win. Often play paintball and is confused with rules from there. These players are often disappointed in the Berget games when they do not get the same amount of action as in their local speedball games. Unfortunately, these players are also involved in cheating and rule discussions. These players are too competitive and can not cope if an opponent misses a hit.

TIP: Change the style of play or stay home!

Action player:
    The most common type of players participating on Berget. These players take the time to read and understand the rules to get prepared. Want action but has no trouble guarding an object for a few hours. Has extensive experience from airsoft and has often played a few years. These players are happy as long as they get interesting missions and some lardge firefights per day.

TIP: Do not play on the Milsim team!

Milsim player:
    Like all aspects of the game, appreciative of militarily organization in their team. Follows orders to the letter. Has no problem with spying on an enemy for a day without firing a shot. Is often well trained and has a good physique does not complain about having to go back and forth across the playing area.

TIP: Keep in mind that the Berget is not a milsim, therefore, choose a team with many milsimplayers and accept and respect people who does not take the game as serious.

Berget veteran:
    These players have the experience of several Berget games and often other international biggames. They can play all gamestyles, are very experienced and often play key roles as officers, trustees and LARP roles important for the storyline. These players know what they can expect when they choose teams and adapts thereafter.

TIP: Write more stuff in Veterans Forum

LARP players:
    Likes to play civilian roles during the game and cares a lot about politics and the games storyline. These players are often very appreciated as the set the tone for the entire game with acting. These players care less about shooting and often perform their missions with alot of freedom in accordance with their character..

TIP: Keep in mind that not everyone likes LARP, do not be pissed off if not all players LARP back.

Please send questions to:
    info@berget-events.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

after going over the teams some more, i beginning t think the Psyops might be the one to go for. it has a good mix of milsim and larp as you have to hold the prison,(but we do need to help build it first) to go out and capture and interagate as well as having to option to change to civilians for larp roles. think it has the most variety as well as not been too big a team.

only problem is that i still have about 2 dozen bloody blue arm bands, oh well

we need to make a list of what each team offers compared to what people want, but i do think we will be scattered over the teams more this year, but i do think the smaller teams are the way to go

Ian won't be going... "Unfortunately I will not be able to make the 2010 event as we have a new arrival being introduced in to the Wermerling household next year. :)
    But I hope you all have a fantastic event. :)"

Dammit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

That poor baby is in for an awful shouting to when it gets born because of this

Change of dates for Berget 8

During the launch of our webpage the dates were wrong. Berget 8 is launched one week earlier than stated first. The website have been updated with the correct information. Sorry for the inconvenience.

These are the correct dates:

Date: Wednesday the 16th - Saturday 19th of June 2010
    Check in opens: Tuesday 15th 09:00 CET
    Pre-game Gathering: All players shall gather in homebase before 18:00 CET the 16th.

Game start: 22:00 CET Wednesday the 16th
    Game ends: 15:00 CET Saturday the 19th.
    Beer party starts: 19:00 CET Saturday the 19th
    Beer party ends: 03:00 CET Sunday the 20th

horgan_p wrote: »

Post of the year.

• Advertisement

horgan_p wrote: »

I doubt it. More likely is that baby's parents are in for a Maximum Earbashing every time s/he needs feeding or changing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Downtime, that is clearly not what most were craving during and after.

The randyness going on was astronomical.

I think the best advice is get your lady for 24 hours solid before you go, because spending 5 days with a bunch of lads, dirty, unclean and knee deep in ****, puts things into perspective....

I'll literally go with whatever the majority is going, I'd like to go as a section command again, or higher if possible, run some larp.

The firefights and operations were not the highlight of this thing for me, the checkpoint was freaking awesome.

I'm starting to like the idea of being a sneaky bastard and just wrecking someones buzz...hit n runs on checkpoints and bases

So whatever team sound the biggest buzz wreckers :)

Psyops for me, I think.

I'd say they'll go in the first round of tickets, so get in early (only 100 tix)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah, I'm in, Psyops, first round of tickets, pistols and mp7 and **** loads of 5.11 gear...and my suit... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Doc, sounds like psyops would suit you, get to have fun with the prisoners as well as sneak attacks and plently of larp but in uniform and in civvies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Psyops for me, I think.

I'd say they'll go in the first round of tickets, so get in early (only 100 tix)

Jesus, 100!?!

No pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Jesus, 100!?!

No pressure!

Add to the mix that the first batch of tickets are limited to a four hour window (apparently). Doesn't say how many tickets are available for that window though as far as I can tell.

The counterpart to poldovian psyops - being the captured NAF forces - has even less places available. Only 50.

Gonna be a bit of a mad scramble alright I think. First batch of tickets are also discounted at €88 per ticket. Next band up is €118

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

this thread reminds me, what airlines allow transport of airsoft guns and is there any rules surrounding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

this thread reminds me, what airlines allow transport of airsoft guns and is there any rules surrounding it?

One word, well acronym. SAS. By far the best and most convenient airline for transport of airsoft equipment.

Had an *ahem* issue on the return journey, and SAS were by far the most accomodating airline for transportation. Air France/KLM wanted me to get written permission from the embassy to transport my kit back ffs.

You'll need a lockable case like a Stormcase or a rugged flight case that can withstand the beating dished out by the baggage handlers/throwers. Then you'll have to pay for the extra equipment (20 euro-ish each way and allows for an extra 20kg kit along with one checked bag).

http://irishairsoft.ie/?page_id=932

• Advertisement

scanlant wrote: »
    One word, well acronym. SAS. By far the best and most convenient airline for transport of airsoft equipment.

Had an *ahem* issue on the return journey, and SAS were by far the most accomodating airline for transportation. Air France/KLM wanted me to get written permission from the embassy to transport my kit back ffs.

You'll need a lockable case like a Stormcase or a rugged flight case that can withstand the beating dished out by the baggage handlers/throwers. Then you'll have to pay for the extra equipment (20 euro-ish each way and allows for an extra 20kg kit along with one checked bag).

The checked baggage charge was more like 35 each way, but it allowed for 30kg of kit.

cheers for the info

Wait, what happened on your return flight???

Not to mention about the most hassle-free too when you're booking. The price you get quoted is the price that you pay when you move to the next screen. Ryan-air they are thankfully not. The prices are inclusive of baggage allowances and the like (extra payment for 'sports equipment' not withstanding).

One thing; a couple of people seemed to be getting quoted nutty prices from the website (Doc I think?) until we figured out that depending on which SAS site you go to you'll get different prices. Always use SAS.se (selecting english of course) to get the lowest prices.

what were the average return flight costs for people last year? did a mock one there and its close to the 500 euro mark, that about right?

what were the average return flight costs for people last year? did a mock one there and its close to the 500 euro mark, that about right?

Way off the mark. Circa €160/70 before added airsoft cases/baggage - round about the €200 mark once you're not leaving booking to the last minute or something.

edit:
    Cursory glance: Mon 14 (or the prior Friday if you want the weekend) until Mon 21st at 1758 SEK which equates to €171 odd.

cheers i must have click something wrong, i tested it with the dates for berget

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Oh, go on then. Just got a new job and it'd be a shame to waste it by saving up and getting a life.

I'm thinking Poldavian PsyOps too; I'm crap at airsoft but good at LARPing, and there's no way I'm buying desert camo or letting Gerrout and Doc go all Abu Ghraib on poor naked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Wait, what happened on your return flight???

I was booked on the same flights (outward and return) as you and most of the other Irish guys.

Did anyone see me at the airport? Or boarding or deplaning in Dublin?

• Advertisement

I was booked on the same flights (outward and return) as you and most of the other Irish guys.

Did anyone see me at the airport? Or boarding or deplaning in Dublin?

So what was the issue you had on your return journey?

Advertisement