Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

Lemming wrote: »
    Cheers for that Kjsaw, much appreciated. The only thing I'll mention for those who want to get an internal flight to Sundsvall is to add on the "special baggage" charge to the internal flights as well.

Seriously though, high-speed train, 1st class with wifi is the ONLY way to travel large distances through a stunning, stunning country.

The highspeed train is absolutely the best option. I have flown the last few years because with SAS points a flight is cheap, and I get enough extra luggage with my frequent flyer card that I am only paying the taxes to fly. And it is nice to take off from stockholm, and land about 25-30 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

kjsaw wrote: »
    About the special baggage charge. If you book a flight from Ireland that includes the ARN - SDL part as a connection, you should not have to pay for excess baggage again. Also, I have never had to pay a firearms charge to check in my AEG on SAS. Under Swedish law it is a toy, and they treat it as such internally at least. Your millage may vary of course, I have never flown from Ireland - Stockholm with an AEG (I have done warsaw/tallin/copenhagen though with no extra charges)

/k

Interesting ... they had me pay a €20 additional charge. A firearms/special baggage charge thingy. In fairness, the cheapest of any airline I've ever flown with for an AEG. Still, most go investigate this further.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Myself & one other ( Hackedminds ) from ASI are booked. I highly doubt there'll be anyone else from NI going. There's a few have shown interest but haven't got the money.

I'll also most definately be taking the train too.

I missed the first 300 cheapo tickets. I love the way the ticket release system this year was clear as Belfast tap water.
    I, like a few others, naturally assumed the tickets would all be released in batches as the different pricing levels for different months supported that view and that's how the tickets have been released in previous years.
    Didn't realise that ALL the places were on sale now! Nearly missed out! :S

Interesting ... they had me pay a €20 additional charge. A firearms/special baggage charge thingy. In fairness, the cheapest of any airline I've ever flown with for an AEG. Still, most go investigate this further.

Thanks!

They may have waived this form me because of frequent flyer status, however only coming back from tallin did I ever have to fill out firearm paperwork, and this was only because the woman did not understand it was not legally classed as a firearm, the same woman almost forced me to register the bb's as ammo! I got really annoyed with her and she gave up.

Either way, according to Swedish law it does not need to be tagged as a firearm, Irish law may require it though, that would be your department to figure out.

ASI Casper wrote: »
    Myself & one other ( Hackedminds ) from ASI are booked. I highly doubt there'll be anyone else from NI going. There's a few have shown interest but haven't got the money.

I'll also most definately be taking the train too.

I missed the first 300 cheapo tickets. I love the way the ticket release system this year was clear as Belfast tap water.
    I, like a few others, naturally assumed the tickets would all be released in batches as the different pricing levels for different months supported that view and that's how the tickets have been released in previous years.
    Didn't realise that ALL the places were on sale now! Nearly missed out! :S

I am pretty certain they will not sell out of tickets. remind the others that are interested you get a grace period to pay, so if they book by the end of November they probably don't have to pay till late December, and thus have some time to save up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jesus, i fell asleep when i got home and missed the cheap batch

€180 whackers this cost me, have to say.... until i get there and get into the mix, im going to be moaning about the price etc, cause i did a rough draft cost

and this is going to cost nearly 500 euro if im not mistaken, which is a ****ing lot.

Anyways i picked nato cause i thought thats what everyone is playing, if i picked the wrong team can you get in touch with me so i can let them know and change.

I also clicked on mislim player...but also clicked special assignments thingy.

Looking foward to the trip.

A train with lemmin,gerrowat,fayer,vtec,keithdouglas etc etc sounds like animal banter.

and with wifi atleast i can play wow on the way...**** scenery

So now the countdown begins....

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

booked and paid :)

going nato

jesus, i fell asleep when i got home and missed the cheap batch

€180 whackers this cost me, have to say.... until i get there and get into the mix, im going to be moaning about the price etc, cause i did a rough draft cost

and this is going to cost nearly 500 euro if im not mistaken, which is a ****ing lot.

I like it when people from outside of Sweden attend. The price they have paid gives them a good incentive to make the most of whatever happens and enjoy the game.

I like it when people from outside of Sweden attend. The price they have paid gives them a good incentive to make the most of whatever happens and enjoy the game.

And hope that there is Berget-Prostitutes...cause for 180 smackers id want to be getting some for that amount....

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

OzCam wrote: »
    I missed the cheap tix.

By 2 places you'll be overjoyed to hear. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

The frist 300 sold in 4mins,its on there site

Hunter1100 wrote: »
    The frist 300 sold in 4mins,its on there site

Jiggedh jiggedh :D

I literally just got in the door from driving in rush-hour (oh the rush was on ... ) traffic 2 minutes before 7pm and managed to land one of the first 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Thanks!

Is that on check'in, or do you need to inform them in advance?

(Note to self, get hard case for AEG).

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Is that on check'in, or do you need to inform them in advance?

That was in advance. All the airlines operate similar policy in that respect (except for Ryan Air of course who don't have any policy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

How come it cost ya 180 Euro, Doc?

I ticked the special assignment thingy as well as the bus transport from the Harnosand train station - total 120.

im going from a different station, though ill confirm details in the coming days, to make sure im doing the right thing :)

Yeah actually, can someone confirm where the possy is going etc?

What train station should i have checked for pickup please? I just rushed a ticket, and i can change **** after so if someone can confirm what station im to be" picked up from" it would be great

i think i picked one beginning with an S

im going from a different station, though ill confirm details in the coming days, to make sure im doing the right thing :)

What train station should i have checked for pickup please? I just rushed a ticket, and i can change **** after so if someone can confirm what station im to be" picked up from" it would be great

Flight: Dublin -> Stockholm (Arlanda)

Internal Flight: Stockholm (Arlanda) -> Sundsvall (Midlanda)
    Train: Stockholm -> Sundsvall

Bus: Sundsvall -> Härnösand
    Berget pickup option: Sundsvall -> Härnösand

Berget pickup option: Härnösand -> game-zone (unless you've gone for the sundsvall pickup)
    Taxi: Härnösand -> game-zone.

That's the sequence of travel with the various options. Personally, I went for the berget pickup from Härnösand, so it'll be a train from stockholm to sundsvall and a bus from there to Härnösand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

That's the right one. My plan is plane in, then train to Sunskvall. I'll probably plane in on tuesday. Not sure yet.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I'll probably plane in on tuesday.

Just bear in mind one really important thing: This isn't Dublin to Drogheda.

It's a 3/4 hour train ride via high-speed train. You'll need to allow yourself time between air-travel to getting to Stockholm (25 min on the express train), negotiating the train station, and then approximately 45 minutes bus drive from Sundsvall station to Härnösand and then on from there.

You may want to consider flying in on the Monday, staying overnight and then getting a reasonably early train. The earliest flight on Tuesday is 11am, and none of the Tuesday 23rd flights are cheap. All are change-over flights as well.

Just bear in mind one really important thing: This isn't Dublin to Drogheda.

It's a 3/4 hour train ride via high-speed train. You'll need to allow yourself time between air-travel to getting to Stockholm (25 min on the express train), negotiating the train station, and then approximately 45 minutes bus drive from Sundsvall station to Härnösand and then on from there.

You may want to consider flying in on the Monday, staying overnight and then getting a reasonably early train. The earliest flight on Tuesday is 11am, and none of the Tuesday 23rd flights are cheap. All are change-over flights as well.

You won't really need to take the Arlanda express unless you want to actually visit Stockholm. The x2000 (highspeed train) actually stops at arlanda to pick up passengers. (choose aranda as your starting station when you book)

• Advertisement

If anyone does plan flying all the way to sundsvall. your baggage will be checked through to the final destination, but it will need to clear customs in arlanda. this means picking up your bags at the international terminal, clearing customs there, taking yourself and your bags to the domestic terminal, and dropping them off a the bag drop, then clearing domestic security before making it to your gate. You probably need at least 90 minutes between your flights for this, if not double so as to have a safety margin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

I'm planning to fly it, get the train to Sundsvall, then do the bus transfer to Harnosand and get collected by Berget bus from Harnosand.

Though - would it be easier to do that from Sundsvall trainstation?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I got €156.
    What did I do wrong?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

sound like you forgot yer food.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

No, I requested food and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

and then approximately 45 minutes bus drive from Sundsvall station to Härnösand and then on from there.

How frequent are the buses from Sundsvall station to Härnösand, and how long is the journey?

OzCam wrote: »
    How frequent are the buses from Sundsvall station to Härnösand, and how long is the journey?

Pretty frequent. We weren't left waiting too long last time. The journey was, if I recall, about 45 minutes although kjsaw can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Pretty frequent. We weren't left waiting too long last time. The journey was, if I recall, about 45 minutes although kjsaw can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Nothing to correct mate. Never taken the bus myself, but I checked some timetables and they seem to leave at least twice an hour and have a journey time listed of 50 minutes. Right now none of the timetables for buses are actually valid into June next year, so as per Lemming's previous post, you probably need not worry about this till March next year.

Generally I think it is possible to book a single ticket that will give you both the train and bus ride, will post some links later (lemming probably has them himself already).

If you come across anything that does not have a good English language option, just give a shout out on the berget forums and someone will be able to help (that said I can't imagine anything is not available in English)

Generally I think it is possible to book a single ticket that will give you both the train and bus ride, will post some links later (lemming probably has them himself already).

I asn't aware of the ability to book a combined train & bus ticket (which would be very handy) although I'm not surprised that such would exist. If anyone finds any links for information it'd be much apppreciated

• Advertisement

Think I'm going to have to bail, becoming way to expensive for me. I've alot of things to do financially next year and this isnt going to be priority.

Advertisement