Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Onshuh wrote: »
    Ooh heaven is a place on Earth! :D

They say in heaven farts comes first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Listening to the most killer playlist of all time!!! I'm not even joking :)

Back in the local for the first time in six months, great to encounter some familiar faces. A conversation suspended way back when has been picked up without any sense of interruption. They talk about the denigrating impacts of Covid on mental health, being able to chatter away about nothing in particular over a tall pour does wonders. Not quite normality resumed, but the next best thing.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Excellent work Buile , another live one , bonus in your next pay check :D

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

This is the “ARE YOU LEAVING AGAIN” look, adopted as soon as he saw the suitcase and uniform.

527154.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

In the leaba attempting to peel myself out. The airport beckons....for better or for worse!

Loving all of the pet pics lads! Animals are so therapeutic.

Ah Onshuh I hope your little man will test negative and that the swabbing won't upset him too much.

Long day at the hospital yesterday but overall a good one. On some extra antibiotics as I'm a bit unwell but doing pretty good other than that. Thanks for all of the good luck posts lads, ye are good eggs :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aww Smurfjed, poor mutt..

Phoenix safe travels

Ahh Smurf, how can you leave him!!!!!

Phoenix, back to Scotland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Bright morning out :)

Smurf how can you leave when That face is looking at you :)

Safe travels Phoenix :)

I’m going on a road trip today :D Beware :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Morning Wherers! Happy hump day :D

Safe travels Phoenix!

It was a little cloudy down the pier, but the life-giver made the effort and came through! :)

527155.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Morning Wherers! Happy hump day :D

Safe travels Phoenix!

It was a little cloudy down the pier, but the life-giver made the effort and came through! :)

What time are you hitting the pier?

Back to Scotland, not sure why or if I'm mad but sure here I go!

My suitcase is full of drugs and heavy as feck so hopefully nobody wonders why I have a ridiculous amount of medication :D

Phoenix32 wrote: »

My suitcase is full of drugs and heavy as feck so hopefully nobody wonders why I have a ridiculous amount of medication :D

"medication" ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, very busy getting through my to do list today.

Anyone else notice how chilly it is this morning? Will have to change my duvet to the winter tog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I prefer the autumnal chill in the air.

Bon Voyage Phoenix.

Coffee deskside.

Waiting on work IT to put some more sticky tape on the systems to keep them going for another few days.

This is what I imagine the servers look like.

Duct%20Tape%20Computer%20DieselTekk.co.uk%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That's what i was thinking tonight's scheduled maintenance might look like :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Phoenix32 wrote: »

You're doing it wrong! Worst drug mule ever.

kowloon wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong! Worst drug mule ever.

Oh sh1t, was that what I wasn't supposed to say? :p

And there we were trying to establish Aberdeen as the cocaine empire of Europe!

Waiting to take off!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Anyone else notice how chilly it is this morning?.

My fingers are freezing today - no idea how I'll survive the winter if I don't train my blood to circulate properly.

At the desk, in a bit of a lull after a very busy start to the week. Heading to pilates this evening for the first time since the start of the pandemic and I'm half excited, half convinced I'm going to die from Covid and/or forcing my muscles to move.

Hmmm food :D

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Hmmm food :D

Mmmmmmm a happy death :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I stopped at the local shop on way home from work.
    Down the first aisle, I saw my mother from behind.
    I was going up to 'boo' her until she turned to the side and it wasn't my mother after all!
    From behind, it was the same clothes, hair and even the walk of her.
    I could have given an old lady a coronary!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm off to Bingo on the green in a while!
    Socially distancing of course, will be sitting in the car :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Do you toot your horn instead of shouting 'house!'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That sounds great.

To thine own self be true

Apparently we do beep !
    Just about to start , later !

I stopped at the local shop on way home from work.
    Down the first aisle, I saw my mother from behind.
    I was going up to 'boo' her until she turned to the side and it wasn't my mother after all!
    From behind, it was the same clothes, hair and even the walk of her.
    I could have given an old lady a coronary!

Oh lord, I did worse than that at college. I had a younger friend. A really lovely girl and we had this mutual wind-up in jest thing going on whereby she would call me a culchie (cos I'm from Kerry ) and in response I would call her a skobie as she was from a certain part of Dublin associated with people who might be described by others (not by me, in seruousnrss)as such. One day I saw her from behind talking to someone. It was her pony tail, her coat, her scarf , etc. Now I owed her one as she had mortified me when I was trying to be all sophiscated mature student flirting with a beautiful young fella so with revenge in mind I went up to her, grabbed her ponytail and said "Howya, skobie?" in an exaggerated dubelin accent. To which she turned around and to my horror it wasn't her. 'Who are you calling a skobie? How dare you!! I'm from Castlerock! 'And then I made it much, much worse "i'm so sorry! You look like someone from
    from behind".

I'd probably be kicked out for that now. And for harassing the young fellas.

Can I just say I would never actually use that word in a derogatory manner. It was a genuine mutual wind-up and she would ironically refer to herself as that when around snobbier types (like the girl from Casteknock). Lesson learned.

Apparently we do beep !
    Just about to start , later !

Hope you win big :)

Beautiful sunny evening and I’m like a stuffed turkey :D That death by chocolate was gorgeous :D

Oh Sardonicat that gave me a proper chuckle! Thanks :D

Couchside after the dinner. Feeling rather rubenesque :pac: think I’ll have to walk this off!

• Advertisement

Oh Sardonicat that gave me a proper chuckle! Thanks :D

Couchside after the dinner. Feeling rather rubenesque :pac: think I’ll have to walk this off!

The killer bit was the''I'm from Casteknock! ' reaction. We used to quote that whenever we pretended to be outraged after that.

Getting a curry tonight. Extra jalapeños and siriachi sauce last night and a curry tonight, I could find myself posting on the etiquette thread tomorrow. ..

Couchside after a very busy day. Just signed a petition to get rid of the current inept crew who supposedly “manage” our complex with zero accountability or transparency.

Warm chicken salad for din dins tonight. :)

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oh lord, I did worse than that at college. I had a younger friend. A really lovely girl and we had this mutual wind-up in jest thing going on whereby she would call me a culchie (cos I'm from Kerry ) and in response I would call her a skobie as she was from a certain part of Dublin associated with people who might be described by others (not by me, in seruousnrss)as such. One day I saw her from behind talking to someone. It was her pony tail, her coat, her scarf , etc. Now I owed her one as she had mortified me when I was trying to be all sophiscated mature student flirting with a beautiful young fella so with revenge in mind I went up to her, grabbed her ponytail and said "Howya, skobie?" in an exaggerated dubelin accent. To which she turned around and to my horror it wasn't her. 'Who are you calling a skobie? How dare you!! I'm from Castlerock! 'And then I made it much, much worse "i'm so sorry! You look like someone from
    from behind".

I'd probably be kicked out for that now. And for harassing the young fellas.

Can I just say I would never actually use that word in a derogatory manner. It was a genuine mutual wind-up and she would ironically refer to herself as that when around snobbier types (like the girl from Casteknock). Lesson learned.

Very funny! :D I grew up in Castleknock, believe me - there were quite a few complete scobes with money but zero class - in our estate. The place was (and still is) full of pretentious idiots living way beyond their means.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Getting a curry tonight. Extra jalapeños and siriachi sauce last night and a curry tonight, I could find myself posting on the etiquette thread tomorrow. ..

Have a good read to get yourself up to speed with the inventive language used!

I'm tableside soon to be showerside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Shame on me but I ordered up curry, fried rice and chips earlier. I've resisted Wednesday night beers in the local pub, but mainly because I can't feckin afford it and spent the cash on a takeaway for Mrs G and I. But well worth it with a few crafties from Aldi and in front of the tellie together. Ms G stripped me of the balance of that hundred quid I pillaged last week.:eek: But I only paid the delivery charge. She used her own dosh for the purchase.:D Life on the breadline can be funny!

• Advertisement

On way home , fun night out without winning anything , but lordie I'm fecking freezing !

Turning a corner. Listening to Cyndi Lauper Time after Time. Absolute tune! :)

How'd the little man get on today ? Bet he faced it like a trooper !

Have a good read to get yourself up to speed with the inventive language used!

I'm tableside soon to be showerside.

Them lads should put a book together from that thread, regularly I find myself crippled with laughter reading it. The use of quotation marks is literary genius.

Couchside with stumps for legs after an epic walk

Mam of 4 wrote:
    How'd the little man get on today ? Bet he faced it like a trooper !

He got on grand thanks Mam. Poochie was right it's not as invasive for young children now. Since a few weeks ago, they only swab just inside each nostril for young children ( I think it's 0-5 year olds ). He cried a little bit but moved on quick. It takes a lot to stop this fella enjoying himself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,554 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Shame on me but I ordered up curry, fried rice and chips earlier. I've resisted Wednesday night beers in the local pub, but mainly because I can't feckin afford it and spent the cash on a takeaway for Mrs G and I. But well worth it with a few crafties from Aldi and in front of the tellie together. Ms G stripped me of the balance of that hundred quid I pillaged last week.:eek: But I only paid the delivery charge. She used her own dosh for the purchase.:D Life on the breadline can be funny!

The O’Sheas red ale from Aldi is quite nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,554 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m sitting in front of the tv watching Everton play . This is 85 minutes of my life I won’t get back :(

Couchside with stumps for legs after an epic walk
    Are you making fun of me? :mad::(

:D
    There's some nip in the air tonight, almost feels frosty out. Couchside until bedtime.

I'LL ALWAYS BE WAITIN'

Are you making fun of me? :mad::(

Ehhhhhh..... nooooo.... :( what did I saaaaaaaaay!!? :pac:

La la la la la la la

Seph I ignored your request for a pic last night or was it this morning. Anyway, I saw it this morning but I was too busy to respond. I took this one just now though. I call it..

'Axel just realised Oscar is a vampire!'
    527239.jpeg

Ehhhhhh..... nooooo.... :( what did I saaaaaaaaay!!? :pac:

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seph I ignored your request for a pic last night or was it this morning. Anyway, I saw it this morning but I was too busy to respond. I took this one just now though. I call it..

'Axel just realised Oscar is a vampire!'
    527239.jpeg

So worth the wait :D:D The face on axel 🤣🤣🙀, Thanks :3

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement