Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How's you're Yearly goals coming along???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Have a goal of 20,000kms with 150,000m elevation.....
    Passed the elevation goal today with 10 weeks to spare. :)

reLi8n9h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭delynet

Wow, 126,328km of cycling

Where was that 2,320m climb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »
    At 2200km now... 5k will be a stretch

2900.. just about on track for 5k, should have started before June

delynet wrote: »
    Wow, 126,328km of cycling..
    That's only since joining Strava. Now if only we could get all the rides from the pre Strava days!
    delynet wrote:
    Where was that 2,320m climb?
    El Teide, Tenerife.

https://www.strava.com/segments/11692544

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭C3PO

Went through 12,000km and 160,000mts today which was my initial target for the year .... gone back to college part-time so that's going to slow down now! Still, should reach 14,000km and 180,000mts ok!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

have only done 130km in the last four weeks, what with being on holidays and other commitments. currently at just over 4,400km so should make my target of 5k without fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Should reach 4k by the end of the year, currently on 2600km, not bad considering I only really started in May and had a couple of mechanical set backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Went through 10,000 km today target achieved 😠91,000 climbing might try for 100k 🀔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Macy0161

At 4361km of 5000km target as things stand. I'll be hitting the trails more in coming weeks - both because I'm fed up of the standard of driving I'm experiencing, and also I'm more inclined to go out for a couple of hours on the mountain bike in weather that I wimp out of on the road. That'll slow my progress a bit, but I should make it comfortably enough, baring injury or (another) crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

10,000 km the target, 7,913km now, a bit on the back foot but hopefully doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭secman

secman wrote: »
    Just edged over 5,000 km on Tuesday, should be near enough to 5,500 km at end of Sept, fingers crossed, so , well on target for 6,000 for the year after a bad start in Jan Feb.

Hit the 6,000 km target at the weekend, happy days, no commuting km. Hopefully will hit 7,000 km for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »
    2900.. just about on track for 5k, should have started before June

3300 currently... with 9 weeks left I should hit 5k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

5400km now with 75000m ascent, with 5 months to go I hit 4000 and said Id be happy to avg 400 a month for rest of the year and finish on 6000. So 300 a month needed now, will drop like a stone now the clocks have gone back, not much if any weekday spins.
    7500 last year with 91000m ascent, so 6000 will be a bit of a dropoff, should manage 80000m ascent.
    Having a cold/sore throat right now wont help!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was hoping for 5k this year, passed it on the cycle home this evening. only 37km climbing, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

was hoping for 5k this year, passed it on the cycle home this evening. only 37km climbing, though.

I'd have passed my 6k target today but I'd to stay home with a sick child! tomorrow should sort that, would like to hit 6.5k for the year now but don't see it happening with all that December entails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Since my records started on 1st January 2012, I have cycled 98,399 kms with 693,879 metres elevation.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭ofthelord

Hi All - I just noticed this tread and think it will be a good idea if I set some goals at the start of 2019.

I have never yet set myself yearly goals for cycling, and think I might benefit from them next year. You can't beat a target/challenge for some motivation!

My year to date numbers are 3950km cycled with just over 60k metres elevation gain. That's from 101 cycles, so the average spins are not very long (I plan on being strict on getting in more longer cycles next year).

Since the end of summer I have started cycling on trails/fire roads and find the lack of traffic to be a big positive, and really enjoying exploring extra sections of the routes that I'd usually go running around.

I hope to pass 4500km before the year end, and then kick on and try beat that next year.
    Hopefully setting some goals will get me out cycling more in 2019. I do like the hills so will be looking to get as close to 100k metres climbed next year, luckily I live in Wicklow so I've no shortage of hills around!
    All solo cycling to date, might look into joining a club also sometime in the near future(if any will have me, and if I can find any close).

I read a lot of the treads in the cycling forum and have never really posted very much, so apologies of the above is overkill!

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Since my records started on 1st January 2012, I have cycled 98,399 kms with 693,879 metres elevation.
    Just out of interest where did you get the overall elevation figure (since joining Strava?) I can only get the overall distance, longest ride and biggest climb but not the total elevation.

BTW - we joined at almost the same time. I joined at the end of December 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Just out of interest where did you get the overall elevation figure (since joining Strava?) I can only get the overall distance, longest ride and biggest climb but not the total elevation.

I don't use Strava.
    I got my figures from Garmin Connect.

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I don't use Strava.
    I got my figures from Garmin Connect.
    Oops! - me and my assumptions! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Quite happy with my progress up to 4 weeks ago when I put my back out. Hoping to ease back into it tomorrow. Wish I had shares in Nurofen plus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

I'm on 4,135km ytd. My target is 4,500km for the year. I wasn't cycling in January of this year because i'd just changed jobs, so i think i'll set next years target for 5000km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Should hit my goal of 3500km by christmas, I've a good bit of time off work between now and then so more than achievable.

That target was based on May-Dec so I think I can realistically set a target for next years of minimum 7000km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Elevation is listed in your Strava Profile. Im at 79,000m for 2018

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Elevation is listed in your Strava Profile.
    not your all-time elevation, though - your all-time distance is listed.

• Advertisement

not your all-time elevation, though - your all-time distance is listed.

Me bad, you good! Your right...annual Elevation not All-time elevation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Somewhat stalled myself, as family sh!t fun activities have taken up the last couple of weekends, and the next couple coming up. Plus commuting hasn't worked out well this week, including wimping out!

Should make the target, but will be limping over the line. Which I suppose is ok, given the 6 plus weeks out after the crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

9750km so far this year. Well on target to reach 10000km. Won a club league race and also upgraded to A3.

Targets for next year:
    10000km
    don't get dropped in A3
    sub hour 40km TT. Need to gain over 2 minutes to do that. Might just buy aero equipment or TT bike.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I just tipped over 6000 km today I think. Going to be well short of the 7500-8000 km I'd set, but I've had about 14 weeks where I've either been off the bike entirely, or barely done anything other than a relatively short commute.

Must try to not crash next year.

11850 today...still behind schedule though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Weepsie wrote: »
    I just tipped over 6000 km today I think.

so did I :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Made it with a month to spare.

467168.png

07Lapierre wrote: »
    11850 today...still behind schedule though.
    ...and you're getting very close to 100,000kms overall on Strava.

So I am...well spotted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

My numbers are miesly compared to those on here. 1272km with 12035m of climbing. I hope to blast this next year

Passed my revised, revised elevation target yesterday - 180,000 mts! Best year ever despite my old age!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

saccades wrote: »
    Able to complete the Wicklow 200 after a pulmonary embolism and lung infection in February.

Hopefully get the all clear on Tuesday.

2 days after...

Original goal was complete pivot twentyfour12 24hour pairs with over 200 miles completed.

Got a new PB on the W200 (4 mins improvement).

Was ahead of schedule on the 24/12 when we stopped at midnight due to the deterioration in the weather, race had to be abandoned 5 hours later.

Will probably hit 3000 km with 30,000m of climbing which isn't too bad for only weekend spins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

10000k / 100000m goal, 600km/7180m short

Quite ambitious for the month of December, elevation-wise ;)

Alek wrote: »
    7180m short

Quite ambitious for the month of December, elevation-wise ;)
    Another 'Everesting' would sort that out pretty quickly! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

After setting a 500Km target for the year, I'm currently on 6876Km.

Highlight of the year for me was shaving 29 minutes off my previous best for the Reservoir Dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Didn't set it as a target originally, but courtesy of stopping running and focusing on cycling only, I'd beaten my previous year's best (6000kms) by mid-Aug. so decided to have a go at 10000kms

Currently on 9300 so just about on track to achieve it provided the weather doesn't turn snowy/icy, or the xmas social occasions don't impinge on my ability to get out there and do the mileage regardless of how I'm feeling !

Will be well chuffed if I make - all outdoor, wind in your face kms, none of your indoor turbo/fireplace/gym easy kms !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Only at 5300km, had planned to get over 10000km but had a crash racing and had to have collarbone surgery so was off the bike for a couple of months.
    Then got a promotion in in work so workload increased, currently doing 13hr days so commute has gone out the window, only getting in on average 3 days a week training.
    Next season's racing is looking like a non runner.

Passed 19,000kms yesterday so I'm now on the final countdown to 20k.

Should be easily doable barring any mishaps or snow.

zsPQV4Bh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

A very modest 5,000km will be done tomorrow! What a brilliant cycling year, weather was so good, only life and laziness got in the way!!

BGT wrote: »
    A very modest 5,000km will be done tomorrow!
    You're going to do a 5,000km ride tomorrow and you call that modest? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

You're going to do a 5,000km ride tomorrow and you call that modest? :D

Always one ☝️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Hit the 10k mark yesterday down on the start of year aim of 12 but will be slogging through and try and get to 11 which will be most in a year.

zsPQV4Bh.jpg

Wow ... and I thought I was going well! Chapeau Sir!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

zsPQV4Bh.jpg

How have you done 355 rides in a year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    How have you done 355 rides in a year?

Assuming commuting every day you’d be getting roughly 46*5*2 or 460 rides in a year.

Advertisement