Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"FAI blew €69,000 on John Delaney's 50th birthday party"

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Of course. I'm given to understand he stacked the board with people who bought into it too. I don't know how he brought them to his side. It might have been through flattery or promotion or a combination of both.

One good way for a person to get total control is to stack the board (who is supposed to keep a check on things) with people who are not the most knowledgeable or suitable for the job. The people are so protective of their position that they daren't go against the person who appointed them.

I gather JD had control over the FAI board and he had influence over appointing them. It's the perfect storm for a man who wants to milk an organisation for his own benefit.

I have a feeling that a thorough forensic financial analysis could answer how some were brought to his side.

There is a lot of truth in the saying "Great fleas have little fleas upon their back to bite them And little fleas have lesser fleas and so ad infinitum".

Advertisement